Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's not an inept attack. Mourinho has chopped and changed his XI every game. Even after tht 3-2 win you still can't really identify his system, style or team. Which is why we are in a situation where players might want out. Rashford scores two vs Liverpool but is on the bench vs Man City. He decided to sign Sanchez to play in a position that was already being filled by Martial/Rashford.

Sanchez's arrival saw Martial shunted to the RW when he was actually in a bit of form.
We've been lacking quality so he signed a world class player that can actually make runs and cross. Would a right winger have made more sense? Probably, but there's not that many available. And don't see the point in playing your best players out of their favoured position for the sake of a young very on/off player, personally. The funny thing is, Martial FC didn't want him on the left in the first place but now Sanchez is there that's the main problem.

Martial needs to stake a claim in whatever position he gets an opportunity in. Ronaldo did, and the way people go on about Martial, he should be able to at least not be shit on a different side.

Jig1234

We've been lacking quality so he signed a world class player that can actually make runs and cross. Would a right winger have made more sense? Probably, but there's not that many available. And don't see the point in playing your best players out of their favoured position for the sake of a young very on/off player, personally. The funny thing is, Martial FC didn't want him on the left in the first place but now Sanchez is there that's the main problem.

Martial needs to stake a claim in whatever position he gets an opportunity in. Ronaldo did, and the way people go on about Martial, he should be able to at least not be shit on a different side.

Willian would have been an option. Sanchez spent most of his Barcelona career playing on the right. Surprised Mourinho would rather use Martial there instead of Sanchez who has more experience operating in different positions. We saw a glimpse of Sanchez's quality vs Man City with that cross to Herrera. I think he would be comfortable on the right. At least more so than Martial/Mata.

We have 3 players fighting for one position. Shifting Sanchez to the RW would create more opportunities.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I wonder if Fergie had the same thoughts about a young Ronaldo... and what about when Sanchez is 31? Also Sanchez has played a large majority of his career of the RW

haram

Believe it or not we have another player on the left even younger than Martial called Rashford. Believe it or not we have players like Chong and Gomes in the academy. Believe it or not we will do just fine without Martial both now and in the future. Believe it or not we can sign players as talented as Martial in the future as well.

Cassidy

Believe it or not we have another player on the left even younger than Martial called Rashford. Believe it or not we have players like Chong and Gomes in the academy. Believe it or not we will do just fine without Martial both now and in the future. Believe it or not we can sign players as talented as Martial in the future as well.
What about the right and also the other positions? Yes we can sign other players but we have signed Martial invested the time and it has produced fruits, why throw it away?
We just resigned Pogba, shouldn't that be a lesson? Chong and Gomes may never make it also, they are very talented but so was Ravel Morrision, Martial is here and now and has been one of our top contributors this season.

I will also throw this out there, the guy is likely a far more talented striker than Lukaku and we probably could have saved ourselves 75m if we had natured his talent properly from the get go.

Shark

@NotShark
I wonder if Fergie had the same thoughts about a young Ronaldo... and what about when Sanchez is 31? Also Sanchez has played a large majority of his career of the RW
Young Ronaldo and Martial are light years apart.

Cassidy

Young Ronaldo and Martial are light years apart.
The faith shown in them by the manager is what is light years apart. Or are you going to pretend that Ronaldo scored 18 goals in his first season or even second or 3rd season at United in a struggling side?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Willian would have been an option. Sanchez spent most of his Barcelona career playing on the right. Surprised Mourinho would rather use Martial there instead of Sanchez who has more experience operating in different positions. We saw a glimpse of Sanchez's quality vs Man City with that cross to Herrera. I think he would be comfortable on the right. At least more so than Martial/Mata.

We have 3 players fighting for one position. Shifting Sanchez to the RW would create more opportunities.
I'd be fine with Sanchez on the right if he's happy there. Martial hasn't been good enough anywhere to say we shouldn't be buying someone for that spot though, imo. He can learn by playing in different positions, but doesn't seem that interested in doing. If I was him, I'd be doing everything I can to get my name on the right spot and keep hold of it, for now. There's no way Jose is blocking it if he's doing good enough.

haram

I will also through this out there, the guy is likely a far more talented striker than Lukaku and we probably could have saved ourselves 75m if we had natured his talent properly from the get go.
He isn't.

We have Rashford and Sanchez for the left. We offered Pogba a contract. We offered Martial a contract. If he leaves he leaves, Manchester United will be just fine.

Shark

@NotShark
The faith shown in them by the manager is what is light years apart. Or are you going to pretend that Ronaldo scored 18 goals in his first season or even second or 3rd season at United in a struggling side?
So you’re saying my that Jose would sell a player of the potential of a young Ronaldo? Ronaldo gave SAF no reason to not have faith in him from the second he kicked a ball for United. Martial is nowhere close to him in terms of determination to improve, or raw talent.

Cassidy

He isn't.

We have Rashford and Sanchez for the left. We offered Pogba a contract. We offered Martial a contract. If he leaves he leaves, Manchester United will be just fine.
We will be fine, no one is arguing that.
Also Re: Rashford what makes you think we won't have the same issue with him in a year or 2? Especially if he sees this happen? If Sanchez doens't get rotated, similar to Lukaku?

haram

We will be fine, no one is arguing that.
Also Re: Rashford what makes you think we won't have the same issue with him in a year or 2? Especially if he sees this happen? If Sanchez doens't get rotated, similar to Lukaku?
If we sign another player that plays on the left, maybe. I heavily doubt that we will though.

Cassidy

So you’re saying my that Jose would sell a player of the potential of a young Ronaldo? Ronaldo gave SAF no reason to not have faith in him from the second he kicked a ball for United. Martial is nowhere close to him in terms of determination to improve, or raw talent.
Seriously? I would not put it past him no! Do we really have to mention the likes of KDB?
Martial again I will say this, his time under Jose has been VERY different to his time under LVG

Cassidy

If we sign another player that plays on the left, maybe. I heavily doubt that we will though.
It really depends on what we do post Sanchez and if Jose is here, do not be surprised if that is another player coming in.

haram

It really depends on what we do post Sanchez and if Jose is here, do not be surprised if that is another player coming in.
I would expect Rashford to continue his growth as a player and take over from Sanchez.

Cassidy

So a player that came to United in his first season, playing in a mediocre side, practically carried the side in terms of the attack in his first season in the PL is a player who doesn't show determination to succeed or improve... OK. Same player who is not happy to stay here and sit on the bench... makes sense.

Silas

People thought the same before Sanchez became available. What if another world class player becomes available in two years?

Cassidy

I would expect Rashford to continue his growth as a player and take over from Sanchez.
Wasn't it supposed to be Ibra... ohh then we signed Lukaku..

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'll never understand the decision to buy Sanchez to play in the same position as our two best young players.

haram

I'll never understand the decision to buy Sanchez to play in the same position as our two best young players.
A world class player became available so we swapped him for Mkhi who had lost his place to Jesse Lingard. Imagine if we replace Martial with a top player. Would be great wouldn't it?

Velvet Revolver

I dont understand the hate towards Sanchez. He definitely has more quality than Martial in his all-around play. He has an impact on the game, when did we see Martial creating something from nothing when the chips are down? I love Martial and I think he has a great future ahead in football purely due to his raw talent, but he needs to apply himself at United or where ever he ends up. I am against his sale, but if he doesn't see himself here then I dont think Jose will persuade him to stay.

There has been and will be talented players in the future, but if you dont work hard and use that to get to the next level then you will be left behind.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
At this rate all our best players will fall out with Mourinho and we will be left with dreds like Smalling, Jones and Lingard again.

Cassidy

I dont understand the hate towards Sanchez. He definitely has more quality than Martial in his all-around play. He has an impact on the game, when did we see Martial creating something from nothing when the chips are down? I love Martial and I think he has a great future ahead in football purely due to his raw talent, but he needs to apply himself at United or where ever he ends up. I am against his sale, but if he doesn't see himself here then I dont think Jose will persuade him to stay.

There has been and will be talented players in the future, but if you dont work hard and use that to get to the next level then you will be left behind.
Short memories

Ban

At this rate all our best players will fall out with Mourinho and we will be left with dreds like Smalling, Jones and Lingard again.
How do you figure that one? All the best players falling out with him? Making things up or?

divad

Short memories
indeed, just go watch his first season highlights, he was a different player. Now hes playing so deep like a box to box winger, and is always facing a wall of opponents, he would flourish at bayern if he went there. And for people saying ''it doesnt matter we have Rashford'' Rashford is very overrated imo, but he suits the role as a workhorse better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

I will also throw this out there, the guy is likely a far more talented striker than Lukaku and we probably could have saved ourselves 75m if we had natured his talent properly from the get go.
This.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Cant believe the clowns in charge of the club are letting this happen. It should be a priority to integrate him into the squad as much as possible. The club will probably give Martial to Real Madrid whilst we take crocked Bale off their hands. Unbelievable lack of vision and stupidity from manager and board.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
[QUOTE="Cassidy, post: 22393017, member: 81416

This.[/QUOTE]
Seconded

Witchking

What about the right and also the other positions? Yes we can sign other players but we have signed Martial invested the time and it has produced fruits, why throw it away?
We just resigned Pogba, shouldn't that be a lesson? Chong and Gomes may never make it also, they are very talented but so was Ravel Morrision, Martial is here and now and has been one of our top contributors this season.

This is correct. We have a brilliant and skillful player on our hands, shame if we lose him.

The_Order

I just thought this! :(

Might have to jump over to Cricket instead...

been saying this for 2 pages, but got jumped.

Epic short-sightedness - Jose can do no wrong because he beat City.

Jericholyte2

I've spoken with others about him and Rashford, and I have much more sympathy for Martial. Rashford, barring the Liverpool game, had not had that great an impact on most of our matches. Martial had a great start to the season, have fallen back a bit, but was then returning to form (keeping Rashford out) and the José buys Sanchez.

I can imaging how disheartening it would be and I'm not surprised if this has legs, just hope we can hold on to him (and he keeps progressing) until Mourinho inevitably leaves in a year or two.

The_Order

The reality is, Jose is our manager right now. It’s interesting that there’s actually some posters saying they’d be quicker to get rid of the manager, than a player that’s shown only short bursts of his potential, and hasn’t improved much since his debut.
The reality is our manager has never lasted more than 3 years in one club, that is not the man you have plan the future of your club. In a choice between Jose or players like Pogba and Martial, I pick the players every time.

Velvet Revolver

Short memories
His debut season yes, where he was the best-attacking player in the team. He carried the team I know that, but when the team is improving with better players you expect players like him to apply and do better than that. But recently it's been 'let's hope martial is in a mood today' - why? why can't he play with the 'mood' always? As I said I am against him going. I hope he stays and earns $$$ for the clauses in his contract :drool: