Martial's partner gives birth and the resultant hell from two warring factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1

Left the tour to be with his pregnant, expectant wife.

I wish Anthony and his partner well in expectation of the birth.

Lets hope they all live happily ever after. Preferably in Munich or London or anywhere that isn't at United.

Good post.
The two myths are clearly frustrating. It is obvious that in his 2nd season he had to deal with losing the no 9 as well as his family. It was never going to be easy that season. Besides after an above expectation first season, people were expecting him to lift off which is not always easy.
I can't believe people still talk about losing a shirt number as justification for him being shit. If his mentality is so fragile he falls to pieces because his shirt number changes then he isn't United material anyway

I don’t really care about what he does in the training, it’s about how he does on match days that count. Rooney also says, you need to find a way to get the best out of him as he’s a talent, we know this - unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of mollycoddling players at Utd, and he needs to motivate himself otherwise his career will continue to go backwards.
Why don't we have that luxury? Other teams don't have problems getting the best out of their young talents. Why can't we do the same? Which attacking player in our team has the potential of Martial? No-one.

Left the tour to be with his pregnant, expectant wife.

I wish Anthony and his partner well in expectation of the birth.

Lets hope they all live happily ever after. Preferably in Munich or London or anywhere that isn't at United.
Seems like a normal thing to do but DM making it sound like he fecked off without mourinhos permission and adding to the supposed rift

Seems like a normal thing to do but DM making it sound like he fecked off without mourinhos permission and adding to the supposed rift

The 22-year-old, who wants to leave the club, asked coach Jose Mourinho for special permission to curtail his involvement in the club's tour on Tuesday night and has taken a flight back home from Los Angeles to be with his 25-year-old partner Melanie Da Cruz.

While family man Mourinho will be understanding of Martial's situation, the timing could not have been worse.

Seems they're reporting the situation as it is.

Why don't we have that luxury? Other teams don't have problems getting the best out of their young talents. Why can't we do the same? Which attacking player in our team has the potential of Martial? No-one.

Rashford har bigger potential and don’t complain. How many young talents plays regularly for the top teams in Europe? Not many. Real Madrid who is the dominant team don’t have any youngsters in their core eleven and have been totally dependent on their experienced players.

Martial is a great talent for sure, but I get the impression that he lacks determination and professionalism.

Rashford har bigger potential and don’t complain. How many young talents plays regularly for the top teams in Europe? Not many. Real Madrid who is the dominant team don’t have any youngsters in their core eleven and have been totally dependent on their experienced players.

Martial is a great talent for sure, but I get the impression that he lacks determination and professionalism.

Yes - I believe Rashford is the bigger talent. Ultimately we won’t know for 2-3 years, so we don’t need this to turn into a Martial vs Rashford debate.

This is where Rashford seems to get it imo.
When people compare the two and question why he is starting when he isn't necessarily playing well, he still looks like he's getting his head down and going for it. I assume it's similar in training.

That's exactly my point. Rashford attitude compared with what were hearing from martial camp seems completely night and day.

Even at the games rashford always looks to be trying his best, and trying to effect the game. Yes he gets it wrong at times but you can forgive that.

Martial for me is more talented, and potentially a world beater. He's just got to get into his head that delivering that performance will get him the game time.

All I want to see from him is game in game out the work rate is there and he's creating chances for himself and team mates. It's not too late just hope it clicks this season

The way our club has been poorly run is the reason. In his first season as a 19 year old he was made the focal point of our attack. After being the first name on the sheet its hard to accept anything less.

I can't believe people still talk about losing a shirt number as justification for him being shit. If his mentality is so fragile he falls to pieces because his shirt number changes then he isn't United material anyway
Losing the no 9 is not a big matter on its own. But it becomes a part of other things disturbing a player. I personally think his personal problems did affect him in the 2nd season greatly.
Anyways, his performance in his 3rd season has nothing to do with what happened in the 2nd season. It is by no means any justification to things he is doing or not doing

Nobody apart from Smalling fits or flourishes in Mourinho's system.

No team pressing, no attacking plays/philosophy, no midfield dominance and no width. We're the 2nd best team in the league because we have the 2nd best squad coached with a lot of professionalism whilst just going through the emotions. He's not really inspiring anyone with his coaching techniques.
Why then havent we finished within the top 3 for any other 4 years before that?

It seems so many are so ready to put the boot in that they lose the ability to think rationally.

Why then havent we finished within the top 3 for any other 4 years before that?

It seems so many are so ready to put the boot in that they lose the ability to think rationally.
Ironic. We didn't finish there because we didn't have the same players we do now or did last season.

I think the likes of Asensio and Isco would throw a fit if Modric and Ronaldo were being crap for months. As it stands even if the youngsters at Madrid get chance after chance, they cannot perform better than their experienced pros, thats why they are shutting up and learning from them. That's not the case with us.

Rashford is most definitely not.

Rashford is most definitely not.

I strongly disagree. Maybe I don’t rate Martial as highly as many on here. He is very overrated imo, and has done little to get the worship he does from many of our supporters. If he goes he can’t blame anyone than himself for not making it here.

If a legend like Ronaldo or Zlatan joins my team as a young lad, they don't need to ask for my shirt number. I'll go and offer it. :lol:

Same here.
But remember, Martial may genuinely believe his own hype.
So many have said that at 19, he was destined to become the best player in the World and 3 years on, he is a bench warmer.
Martial probably believed that he was on par with Ibrahimovic, which is why he was upset.

I strongly disagree. Maybe I don’t rate Martial as highly as many on here. He is very overrated imo, and has done little to get the worship he does from many of our supporters. If he goes he can’t blame anyone than himself for not making it here.
It's not about overrating Martial, comparatively Martial will go on to have a successful career than Rashford IMO. Rashford's technique is average at best and his pace is his only good attribute, he looks a lot like Welbeck right now, all pace and no end product.

Same here.
But remember, Martial may genuinely believe his own hype.
So many have said that at 19, he was destined to become the best player in the World and 3 years on, he is a bench warmer.
Martial probably believed that he was on par with Ibrahimovic, which is why he was upset.

You might just be right about that.

Am I the only one who’s been thinking that Zlatan’s Secret has nothing to do with a transfer, but rather some agreement has been reached for Zlatan to play for us one or more of these preseason matches? I remember Chicharito played for both teams in a friendly. With Martial heading back for his child’s we’re woefully short on options, plus Zlatan could get a send off

Am I the only one who’s been thinking that Zlatan’s Secret has nothing to do with a transfer, but rather some agreement has been reached for Zlatan to play for us one or more of these preseason matches? I remember Chicharito played for both teams in a friendly. With Martial heading back for his child’s we’re woefully short on options, plus Zlatan could get a send off
Don't see the point in that.

Ironic. We didn't finish there because we didn't have the same players we do now or did last season.
We also didn't have the same coaching for most of those seasons.

How many players did we really sign that pushed us up a level different than what we were? It's been largely the same squad since Van Gaal's time here.

It's just silly to ignore that coaching did improve us. We hadn't even reached 75 points in that period. To say that we finished second simply because we had the second best squad is just frankly stupid while ignoring the coaching done.

We aren't exactly brimming with attacking talent at the club.

Martial for all his issues has some.

It's a pity that it hasn't worked out here.

It hasn't worked out due to the manager refusing to use him properly, this is no accident or unfortunate event.

It hasn't worked out due to the manager refusing to use him properly, this is no accident or unfortunate event.

The manager doesn't have to change the way the team plays just for Martial. In any other case the players are supposed to change and do what the manager wants. Not the other way around. If he was Messi or Ronaldo you could understand gearing the team towards him, but he is nowhere near that level.

Maybe.

It's still a shame nonetheless.

I was just replying to the 'will anyone even notice his absence thing'
I do have to admit my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

For one reason or another, Martial has simply flitted in and out of the scene at Old Trafford. We’ve constantly waited for him to properly establish himself but it just hasn’t happened.

The manager doesn't have to change the way the team plays just for Martial. In any other case the players are supposed to change and do what the manager wants. Not the other way around. If he was Messi or Ronaldo you could understand gearing the team towards him, but he is nowhere near that level.

The manager should be changing his methods because he should see that his current ones got him absolutely nowhere with this squad. A very distant 2nd with awful football throughout the season. The Jose of old is better than that, this current Jose isn't the same.

The manager should be changing his methods because he should see that his current ones got him absolutely nowhere with this squad. A very distant 2nd with awful football throughout the season. The Jose of old is better than that, this current Jose isn't the same.

No. There is only so much you can do for a player like Martial. He himself has big flaws.

Out of interest to those critical to Jose; what is the proper way to use Martial? How should we have used him?

Out of interest to those critical to Jose; what is the proper way to use Martial? How should we have used him?

Believed in him, stuck with him, trusted him. Martial has never had the trust of Jose from the very start. Yes, Martial himself should be doing better but he’s never been motivated by the manager. Martial under SAF would have been something else.

We should just use him, period. He was our most effective attacker last season alsongide Lukaku, a pair who were also linking up for the most goals in the team if I recall correctly. With Rashford as competition we were sorted on the left side. Sanchez made sense as a top class, mature attacker to complement our talented but inexperienced forward talent, but seeing as he's been deployed in direct competition with Rashford/Martial we're left having made no progress at all. Mkhi may have been the inferior player but he was at least tactically flexible.

Ceiling is the most overrated attribute in football. I’m more interested in what are you doing for me lately. The answer to that question is not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.