Martial's United career so far?

Keefy18

Bad attitude on the pitch means he's downing the tools or something, but Martial for me is just ignorant about off ball movement and its importance . All my criticism for him has been football related only.
Use whatever word you like but to many that still means bad attitude. Again even the word "ignorant" for some would suggest the person would have a bad attitude towards something then.

Irwin99

Reminds me of Nani... except when I really think about it, I come to realisation that Nani was a far better player for us.

Martial is horrifically inconsistent in the sense that you don’t want to get rid of him just in case he comes good.
Nani was horribly inconsistent in the same manner and I think he had big confidence problems when things didn't go his way but i don't think I could accuse him of a lack of work rate or effort. Martial irritates me because he's so anonymous for most of our matches and there's no movement or spark at times. At least Rashford is always trying to get at the opposition.

Classical Mechanic

Surprised there isn’t more comment on what Ole said earlier. Paying him £250k a week was insanity. Hugely sceptical we’ll see him sustain some proper effort for more than a few games.

Keefy18

Surprised there isn’t more comment on what Ole said earlier. Paying him £250k a week was insanity. Hugely sceptical we’ll see him sustain some proper effort for more than a few games.
He seems to have been misquoted.

He was asked directly about Martial needing a reality check and he replied that he was spoken too but so to were all the players.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

Think I read somewhere that he is one of the players who run least in the entire PL, which shows his problem. It would be another thing if he did not run much, but had the intensity when he did have the ball, but even then he has been very lacking recently. He barely takes defender on, and he makes no runs to get past the defenders, it is why he has been so ineffective recently.

I think he has everything to prove next season.

Classical Mechanic

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to Nani but Martial's numbers are

He seems to have been misquoted.

He was asked directly about Martial needing a reality check and he replied that he was spoken too but so to were all the players.
Fair enough, cheers. So the players that are acting above their level were not revealed?

The Nani

Reminds me of Nani... except when I really think about it, I come to realisation that Nani was a far better player for us.

Martial is horrifically inconsistent in the sense that you don’t want to get rid of him just in case he comes good.
He’s dealing with a lot of the same issues which led to Nani’s inconsistency and ultimately not fulfilling his potential with us save for a couple of seasons.

The main one being played out of position to accomodate inferior players.

Frustrating.