Martin Atkinson

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
And the sample size should be ??????

Like I said, guys.....Troll.
Usually, you wouldn’t consider anything below maybe 500 if it’s not under extremely controlled conditions (medical studies about rare conditions often fall in that category).
Usually, the magical number is around 1000 if you want to make sure.

You’re got...not even 30 games to compare. And even those don’t show a significant difference.

Blzbud

And the sample size should be ??????

Like I said, guys.....Troll.
I don't what history there is between you as posters, but if he is trolling you, the point he is making is still generally true. There is no statistical evidence to prove Atkinson is biased for or against anyone.

Full bodied red

Usually, you wouldn’t consider anything below maybe 500 if it’s not under extremely controlled conditions (medical studies about rare conditions often fall in that category).
Usually, the magical number is around 1000 if you want to make sure.

You’re got...not even 30 games to compare. And even those don’t show a significant difference.

Impossible to have 500 games as your sample with and without Atkinson - as the numbers show, he started in 2005 > 2006 so only 380 total games possible for each club and he couldn't referee each and every single one.

And what different / better control conditions can you have than 760 EPL games - seen by the world.

If, in your opinion, that isn't a big enough sample or sufficiently controlled conditions, just say that. That it's your opinion, which you're entitled to have, not your constant insults and trying to pretend that you know the ' correct ' answer to everything.

Danny Roberts

Atkinson is just a shite ref, although I think he's improved a little. My Dad is an Evertonian and used to swear that Atkinson was biased against them. To be fair, he has made some big (euphemism for fecking shite) decisions against them in games with Liverpool. One that stands out is sending off Rodwell early on, a red card that was overturned, mainly because it was a good tackle and not even a free kick!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15144233

I can actually shed a little light on Atkinson though. A former boss of mine, who was a bit of a bullying dickhead, went to school with him and said they used to bully him a lot. Bit of a cliche but in this case, true.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Impossible to have 500 games as your sample with and without Atkinson - as the numbers show, he started in 2005 > 2006 so only 380 total games possible for each club and he couldn't referee each and every single one.

And what different / better control conditions can you have than 760 EPL games - seen by the world.

If, in your opinion, that isn't a big enough sample or sufficiently controlled conditions, just say that. That it's your opinion, which you're entitled to have, not your constant insults and trying to pretend that you know the ' correct ' answer to everything.
It isn’t controlled conditions. Because you are assuming an effect while ignoring all other variables: injuries, form at the time the matches were played, the years those matches actually were played in (if, for example, Atkinson referred most of those games for Ubited since 2013, that would explain a lot) and hundreds of other things.

My answer is the correct answer, your answer is an incorrect use of statistics based on just one variable. That’s not an opinion, that is indeed fact.

Full bodied red

.....My answer is the correct answer.....That’s not an opinion, that is indeed fact.

You mean like your intimate knowledge of Logisitics and the BMW Cowley contract.

Anyway, my life is way too short to have to relearn everything according to you.

Welcome, finally, to my ignore list.

Last edited:

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München

.....My answer is the correct answer.....That’s not an opinion, that is indeed fact.

You mean like your intimate knowledge of Logisitics and the BMW Cowley contract.

Anyway, my life is way too short to have to relearn everything according to you.

Welcome, finally, to my ignore list.
If that’s what it takes, worth it :lol:

But hey, bring out some more statistics where you conclude that based on game more Chelsea won during 30 games with Atkinson as referee, he’s having an anti-United bias. That shit is gold.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Your input on this thread has been heartwarming.
I can’t stand blatant misuse of statistics. And this is. It’s also not the first time he’s done this.

In his mind, he can probably predict the UK election results by randomly talking to 100 people on the street.

I hated the subject in university but hey, some things stuck. Not sorry.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
As @Damien pointed out earlier, United are 3 from 3 against Liverpool with Martin Atkinson in charge. I reckon their record will be 3 wins, one draw after tomorrow's match. Hopefully he's not up for discussion post match.

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

I think a point would be a really solid result, no doubt about it. I think it will be a lot cagier than and duller than many are predicting. Hopefully the ref just gets on with his job nice and quietly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Increasingly convinced that a Liverpool player could pull out a glock and he'd still do nothing. Only seems to give fouls against Martial. Whenever Herrera, Mhki or Young get done he just waves play on.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Young will have to be absolutely obliterated to get a free kick today, but overall not too much in it. He spotted Salah had dived, though bottled booking him of course.
Let Lukaku off for a swipe through the full back. No real complaints.

SER19

One of my least favourite referees ever, generally not too bad today though. Poor decisions on salah and three clear obstructions but also let lukaku yellow go so at least consistent in that regard

Having a tough time with liverpools cheating, not something historically associated with Liverpool sides, maybe playing in image of their manager

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Young will have to be absolutely obliterated to get a free kick today, but overall not too much in it. He spotted Salah had dived, though bottled booking him of course.
Let Lukaku off for a swipe through the full back. No real complaints.
Agree with this. Hes been OK. Never saw the replay of the Young/Can incident, but im guessing the former impeded the latter.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Started the game off with a brilliant block winning the ball back for Liverpool and has grown from strength to strength since then, solid contender for man of the match so far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agree with this. Hes been OK. Never saw the replay of the Young/Can incident, but im guessing the former impeded the latter.
Probably fair on that incident once we'd let our own bias dissipate.
However, he has been tripped a couple of times and not given a foul.

SER19

Probably fair on that incident once we'd let our own bias dissipate.
However, he has been tripped a couple of times and not given a foul.
There was what looked like an obstruction leading to the lukaku foul that should have seen yellow which is what I think Herrera was complaining about, but as I say, no complaints compared to years gone by from Atkinson, though he has plenty of time

Slevs

likes to play with penises
cnut has been against us from the start. It's like he has something against Young and Herrera.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Did everything he possibly could to give the scousers a hand today and despite us being totally shit they still couldn't beat us.

El Zoido

So biased towards Liverpool it was embarrassing to watch. If we weren’t so dreadful I’d have been annoyed about it.