g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Martin Dúbravka - Recalled by Newcastle

SirScholes

After watching his debut against burnely I’m happy he’s no longer here
Taibi vibes all over

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This is surely a tactical move by Newcastle. Heaton is hopeless. We should prioritise a back-up keeper over any other position in this window or it could look very ugly for us come the end of the season if DDG sustains an injury.

foolsgold

In the games I saw him play, he looked like a problem waiting to happen. If it's another wage off the books, it's all good.

Happy to roll the dice on DDG saying fit and going to Heaton if required.

SAFMUTD

Maybe Newcastle expected him to actually challenge De Gea somehow.

cyril C

Dubravka is a disaster in waiting. Only trouble is where can we find a replacement backup.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Just need to replace him for the next 6 months.

Should be in for a loan no more than that.

As for Dubravka, he was ok on the bench I suppose. Newcastle doesnt want to strenghen us so this is logical after all.

We should make them pay 100M when they will come for Bailly, Lindelof or Fred.

Gums

I could imagine we didn’t think he was good enough and told Newcastle we weren’t going to be playing him anymore. It would be the kind way, to let Newcastle recall him instead of us ending the loan. He gets to save face and we don’t trash his value. But that’s just my guess.

Tommy79

I could imagine we didn’t think he was good enough and told Newcastle we weren’t going to be playing him anymore. It would be the kind way, to let Newcastle recall him instead of us ending the loan. He gets to save face and we don’t trash his value. But that’s just my guess.
Well going by reports in some English papers, he was recalled due to the fact the guy they brought in to replace him (Karius) has just ended his loan spell there, so they wanted him back for their own #2 role to Pope.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Newcastle thinks by doing this they weakened us.
But it actually only made us stronger.

stevoc

Probably could have stuck Phil Jones in nets and not been that much worse off for all Dubravka was going to play anyway.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just need to replace him for the next 6 months.

Should be in for a loan no more than that.

As for Dubravka, he was ok on the bench I suppose. Newcastle doesnt want to strenghen us so this is logical after all.

We should make them pay 100M when they will come for Bailly, Lindelof or Fred.
The money they’ve got. I doubt they’ll be after those 3 players.

DJ_21

They did it because they know we’ll only sign 1 player in Jan and out of a keeper and striker we chose keeper. So they’ve give them self an advantage.

AJ VII

They did it because they know we’ll only sign 1 player in Jan and out of a keeper and striker we chose keeper. So they’ve give them self an advantage.
You think a loan deal for Butland will prevent us from getting a striker? It won't influence our possibility at all imho.

DJ_21

You think a loan deal for Butland will prevent us from getting a striker? It won't influence our possibility at all imho.
You forgot how Scrooge how club can be? Or how it’s run

AJ VII

You forgot how Scrooge how club can be? Or how it’s run
Swapping one cheap backup keeper with another cheap backup keeper will obviously not effect anything. There is no chance Newcastle did this in a hope it would prevent us from bringing in another striker.

He was their sub against Arsenal so I think they would rather have him on their bench than ours, since there is no chance of him getting any meaningful gametime with us after his horrible apperance against Villa.

croadyman

Jesus that would be hard to stomach

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So this is a weird one. He’s cup tied for the league cup final, having played for us against Burnley, which not only means he can’t play for Newcastle, it also means he only gets a winners medal if we beat them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So this is a weird one. He’s cup tied for the league cup final, having played for us against Burnley, which not only means he can’t play for Newcastle, it also means he only gets a winners medal if we beat them.
Imagine if Pope is injured for the final

Tman

These imagined scenarios are so hilarious, really got me laughing. Trust it all gotta play in United's favour.

Christ on a bike! Show some respect, John Paul ii died in ‘84 he’s highly unlikely to be injured for a final in 2023…Jesus, this place:nono:
In fairness John Paul ii was a decent keeper back in the day, or at least that's what he told Packie Bonner

iHicksy

The scenes when he jumps off the newcastle bench to pick up his winners medal with the united lads and joins in the lap of honor.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I hope he starts in the final. If he cant? he needs to break the rule, get red carded and cause chaos.