Martin Tyler

Cina

Machedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That was brilliant.

He is biased towards Arsenal though to be fair. When Nani scored that wonder (own) goal 2 years ago his reaction was just "Oh, it's in" or something.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I quite like him. I loved his commentary on the Sunderland-City game.

He was getting overly excited even as the ball came into the box, then he just lost it completely when Ji scored.

99 red balloons

I was sat in the seat directly in front of him at Old Trafford for the second leg of the Champions League semi last season. Now that was cool. It was surreal being at the game, but also having his commentary in my ear.

Like really good 3D.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
That was Alan Parry.

Yeah Martin Tyler is great but he definitely has a slight bias towards Arsenal. I've noticed when opposition teams score against them he usually sounds quite glum. Take Valencia's goal against them a few weeks back for instance.

Arsenal's 'Best of the Decade': Martin Tyler | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com
Sorry, not that one. There was this goal when Tyler was so overwhelmed he burst into a string of meaningless words before regaining composure.

Guy Incognito

I think Tyler's bias with Arsenal comes from the fact that he used to commentate all their season review matches. Still Sky's best commentator mind.

Andy Gray on the other hand, crikey...

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
He's not biased, he just loves drama and great games/moments.

I don't think he could care less who scores it.

He's the best around, no doubt. Probably the best since Barry Davies.

Diablodave

Rewatched the game there, 5 instances where he almost criticises De Gea! Very harsh indeed.

However what astounded me was how general he's become!

"The united fans aren't happy because their team are behind"

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear him say "There are white lines all over the pitch"

Pairing him with Alan Smith makes me wanna switch off at the generalising and boringness

Rewatched the game there, 5 instances where he almost criticises De Gea! Very harsh indeed.

However what astounded me was how general he's become!

"The united fans aren't happy because their team are behind"

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear him say "There are white lines all over the pitch"

Pairing him with Alan Smith makes me wanna switch off at the generalising and boringness
Give me Alan Smith over the smooth and dulcet tones of Niall 'I'm a big sky blue cnut' Quinn any day.

vivaronaldo

if you ever get a chance his call in closing moments of the 99 CL final against barcelona was brilliant....the final corner went something along the lines

"what a historic moment this could be .......................(corner whipped in)..AND IT IS.................... brilliant stuff

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
if you ever get a chance his call in closing moments of the 99 CL final against barcelona was brilliant....the final corner went something along the lines

"what a historic moment this could be .......................(corner whipped in)..AND IT IS.................... brilliant stuff
What channel was Tyler commenting on for the 1999 final? That sounds awfully like it was dubbed after the game.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He's not biased, he just loves drama and great games/moments.

I don't think he could care less who scores it.

He's the best around, no doubt. Probably the best since Barry Davies.
Just heard his line on another advert again :mad:

But admittedly his one liners are great though.. "I swear you will never see anything like this ever again"

:(

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Sorry, not that one. There was this goal when Tyler was so overwhelmed he burst into a string of meaningless words before regaining composure.
Bit late, but this is either the Nani goal against Spurs or the Scholes volley against Villa. Remember coming home and watching the Nani one again only to hear Tyler say something like "ooohh, dint ah tay tum nah".. :lol:

He is good, though.

Goooose

You can hear how disappointed Tyler gets when United score. Look at Rooney's goals at the Etihad this season, it's almost as if nothing's happened.

Sylar

Saying that his scream for Machedas goal was something.

roon_ronnie

"City need a new ball out there because Unite
I actually like Martin Tyler, i loved the commentary for rooney's overheadkick against city: "Rooooooooooney! ... it defies description!! how about sensational? ... how about superb?" wish Andy Gray would come back and join him to be honest. Great combo they were!

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
It's cringeworthy when people think that someone who clearly has no problem with the club is for some reason biased against them. I guess it just shows how one eyed football fans tend to be.

Mark Lawrenson gets it the worst though, regardless of what you think about him, every teams fans seem to think he's biased against them and never predicts them a win.

IrishLegend

Tyler is bloody brilliant.

Taking the red hat off his commentary of Aguero's winning goal last year was superb as well. I don't think he has a problem with united at all, I think most commentators say dumb shit occasionally and some people on here are just overly anally retentive about it (kinda what RAWK does, but they can't / wouldn't see it that way).

His "MACHEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" commentary was fecking awesome. "He has cut Arsenal to ribbons!" wasn't bad too.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You can hear how disappointed Tyler gets when United score. Look at Rooney's goals at the Etihad this season, it's almost as if nothing's happened.
I suggest you buy a few season review DVD's to refresh your memory and you might change your mind.

99 in particular there are many classic moments from Tyler and Utd goals.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's cringeworthy when people think that someone who clearly has no problem with the club is for some reason biased against them. I guess it just shows how one eyed football fans tend to be.

Mark Lawrenson gets it the worst though, regardless of what you think about him, every teams fans seem to think he's biased against them and never predicts them a win.
100% correct.

Chabon

Bit late, but this is either the Nani goal against Spurs or the Scholes volley against Villa. Remember coming home and watching the Nani one again only to hear Tyler say something like "ooohh, dint ah tay tum nah".. :lol:

He is good, though.
With Scholes didn't he scream 'how?!'

Liam147

On Probation
Don't get why people seem to like him so much. Bar the big moments he's utterly devoid of any emotion whatsoever. You have Macheda and Aguero (even Ji last season (that was excellent tbf)), but there's goals where he just sounds totally uninterested. Valencia's against Arsenal last season will always stick out. I thought it'd been disallowed. Took a few moments to realise we had actually scored.

I prefer every single one of sky sports' other commentators.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooo

He's round the keeper! He's done it! Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

alastair

ignorant
Don't get why people seem to like him so much. Bar the big moments he's utterly devoid of any emotion whatsoever. You have Macheda and Aguero (even Ji last season (that was excellent tbf)), but there's goals where he just sounds totally uninterested. Valencia's against Arsenal last season will always stick out. I thought it'd been disallowed. Took a few moments to realise we had actually scored.

I prefer every single one of sky sports' other commentators.
He's a good Gooner, our Martin. Is he really going to celebrate a United goal?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
The best footballer commentator by a mile, I don't get this club bias at all to be honest.

Liam147

On Probation
Anyone catch his beauty after City's first tonight? "City fans in good voice," it was. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be funny, but considering it was after the Stretty had been bellowing out "United, United, United," it was rather strange.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Tyler is good but he can blow hot and cold. There are times when goals are scored and it's as if nothing has happened but other times he really up for it.
He just goes mad at the unexpected, like we all do. If someone goes on a jinking 20 yard run towards goal and finishes it, I'm sure it's a great goal but you could see it coming. Often it doesn't need him to go mental, he just comments as he sees it, will always praise quality and does his job.

When something truly spectacular happens, a moment of genius or late drama, he rightly sounds as excited as any fan would. That's just what happens. It would be boring if he did the same everytime and I don't react the same to every goal scored either.

Some are saying he's biased against United, but there are loads of moments mentioned where he's been not shown this.

Martin Tyler is the best out there.