Martin Tyler

Dobba

He has a Rain man type mind when it comes to recalling out previous indiscretions. The opposition could have Ian Huntley, Rose West and Harold Shipman in the starting 11 but Tyler would spend the game reminding everyone of the yellow card Rooney got away with for kicking a ball away in the same fixture five years ago, or the dubious penalty incident that went United's way some time before the advent of colour television.
Close the thread, nothing will come close to summing him up better than this.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Why are you lot so desperate for the man's approval?

And you were shit. He's not going to say otherwise when you clearly are, right?

Robbie Boy

He explained the extra time rule about a million times during last nights match. Weird.

Plugsy

Why are you lot so desperate for the man's approval?

And you were shit. He's not going to say otherwise when you clearly are, right?
Nothing to do with approval. It'd just be nice if he didn't commentate like a resentful ex, bitterly recalling each of our previous indiscretions. It wouldn't be out of character for him to bring up Rooney's affairs if he so much as got awarded a throw-in he didn't deserve.

If a United player has so much as received (or got away with) a booking in the last few months, regardless as to how minor the incident happened to be, he'll mention it. If a United player has gotten away with something in a game - NOTHING else matters. The opposition can get away with conceding an obvious penalty, bumming the referee, pissing on an effigy of Lady Di - anything, and Tyler is guaranteed never to mention it again.

Rooney called him out on something similar a few weeks back when Tyler became incensed he wasn't sent off for something or other but wasn't that bothered about the incident where Medel blatantly slapped Fellaini in the face. Rooney, or specifically United, does something untoward then there'll be a mention of it every game he commentates on for about two seasons. Anyone else? Forgotten almost immediately.

Once you listen out for it, as I do now, it's very easy to notice. Maybe he does it with other teams too but he doesn't seem to whenever we're the opposition, so I'm guessing he doesn't at other times.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
We all have one of these. Gary O'Neill or whatever that fecking ex Spud's name is, Stewart Robson for Arsenal come to mind. They're fecking cnuts who won't change and actually get off on the criticism they receive for their unbalanced and sometimes idiotic points of view.

Tyler just seems to gather his share because he's more prominent and is slowly become a senile old hack.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His gasps when Sunderland fizzed the ball across the face of goal were so obvious. He actually groans when other teams miss. Darren Fletcher hit the post, and he does nothing. Adnan hits a few shots that go narrowly wide, nothing. Borini hits a shot that is always going over and he's yelling BORINIIIIIIIII?! He always sounds so desperate for United opponents to equalise or take the lead.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I think like everyone else bar United fans he finds our demise hilarious. Sadly we've become a laughing stock. I was cracking up watching those 'penalties' yesterday which just about summed up how far we have fallen so god knows how opposition fans found it.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I think like everyone else bar United fans he finds our demise hilarious. Sadly we've become a laughing stock. I was cracking up watching those 'penalties' yesterday which just about summed up how far we have fallen so god knows how opposition fans found it.
I couldn't give two fecks. It's mildly amusing when someone has a meltdown or starts the chest thumping 'we r United we'll be back Man Utd forevaa!!!!' bollocks. I'd say the league is the poorer without you guys near the top because it leaves us with detestable options like City and Chelsea around us, neither of whom provide the sort of historical rivalry or to an extent, class, that comes with your lot.

Tyler needs to be ignored, I just don't get it when posters sit and listen to commentary just to harbour hatred towards someone who they couldn't possibly influence otherwise. Idiotic behaviour.

Dominos

He has a Rain man type mind when it comes to recalling out previous indiscretions. The opposition could have Ian Huntley, Rose West and Harold Shipman in the starting 11 but Tyler would spend the game reminding everyone of the yellow card Rooney got away with for kicking a ball away in the same fixture five years ago, or the dubious penalty incident that went United's way some time before the advent of colour television.
:lol:

Plugsy

Is he on tonight? If so look out for ejaculation voice whenever Arsenal go forward and his 'dreading a shit' one when we do. Also the list of lightly or unpunished previous indiscretions of ours that gets mentioned will be interesting. There must have been someone who outrageously escaped yellow at some point over the last few months that'll get a mention.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Is he on tonight? If so look out for ejaculation voice whenever Arsenal go forward and his 'dreading a shit' one when we do. Also the list of lightly or unpunished previous indiscretions of ours that gets mentioned will be interesting. There must have been someone who outrageously escaped yellow at some point over the last few months that'll get a mention.
It's on BT Sports.

Plugsy

Everyone going mental over what he said during the game, I didn't hear it, what was it?

OneUnited24

Everyone going mental over what he said during the game, I didn't hear it, what was it?
Just jokey comments about how Everton fans were quiet because they were conflicted at what a win might mean, then when City scored i think he said something like "I think one or two everton fans will be celebrating that one". But in his defence when Everton scored their second he did say "that brought the biggest cheer of the game"

Sounds like a few bitter Liverpool fans who took offence - a bit like some of our fans who seem to hate Gary Nev now...

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It was more the apologetic way he announced City's goals. Goals that have basically won them the league and he spoke as though they were consolations in a dead rubber.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
It's only been a couple of years but he's working like the clappers to mention Agueeeeeroooo and QPR as many times as Tyldesley's mentioned Solskjaer and that balmy night in blahdy-blah.

LR7

He was annoying today. He practically blamed the Everton fans for the lacklustre first half performance. Couldn't stop going on about it every time the noise levels weren't as high as he felt was satisfactory. Could barely feign enthusiasm either when City scored. Just sounds perennially bitter lately. It was irritating to listen to and I couldn't care less how Everton fans are portrayed tbh.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's just so boring. Never seems to get excited over goals unless it's a very rare case, you can hardly sense a change in tone.

Sam

I like the non-face BBC commentators, they just tend to call the game without histrionics or annoying verbal tics.
Motson and the guy from Robot Wars aside, the BBC have some great commentators.

CantonaGiggs1

He was devastated after the Gerrard error last week.

The Liverpool v City game was a disgrace. He showed so much emotion in the Liverpool goals(wouldn't be surprised if he was jumping up and down as well) and he was so cold for the City goals.

cnut.

Winrar

I'm convinced he's either ABU or going by the scripts. I don't know why he has turned like this, though.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Just listen to him after City's equaliser. 1:12:10 in case me embedding the time doesn't work.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Tyler was the best for a long time, he's just got old and stale - no one really has a long shelf life in broadcast roles.
Plenty of commentators can last for as long as they want if they are good enough. Tyler is just an awful commentator. He did used to be good but I don't think he likes his job anymore or something

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tyler was the best for a long time, he's just got old and stale - no one really has a long shelf life in broadcast roles.
I would say about a half have a long shelf life in a broadcast role. If they're not gone very soon after appearing they tend to stick around for a long time. The American sports have the same guys for years. Here we have at least 4 guys who have been more than 15 years.