Martinez and Varane official injury update | Martinez out for rest of season, Varane a few weeks

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

Lisandro Martinez has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after fracturing a metatarsal bone in his foot.
However, the Argentinian defender is expected to make a full recovery in time to be ready for the start of next season.
Lisandro’s defensive partner Raphael Varane was also substituted with an injury at half-time in the same game and is expected to be out for a few weeks.

Irwin99

Damn. At least Martinez will be ready for the start of next season, so at least that's something.

So it's Maguire, Lindelof, and Shaw as centre backs for the next few weeks.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What a disaster. Lindelof and Maguire taking over.... have mercy...

Wishing young Lisandro well as he recovers. Will be sorely missed.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't see us winning in Seville or at Wembley now tbh.

Everything rests of getting over the line in race for CL.

If we don't finish top 4 then heads need to roll.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Well Linda and Harry are now the two that will have to step up.
We won't be as good a watch now for the rest of the year but should still be good enough for top 4. Cup games are a lottery

siw2007

It’s terrible fortune for the club to lose both our first choice centre backs at this stage of the season but of course in regards to Martinez, it could have been loads worse and if offered the injury at full time yesterday, I would have taken it considering how bad we feared it could be.

Martinez has been nothing short of being absolutely world class this season. Not just his undoubted ability to play the game, but his character, fight and desire have made him a fan favourite and I wish him a speedy recovery and raring to go again next season.

Hope we can get Varane back soon, no messing with his injuries, get him fit first.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Its a big blow but considering half the Caf had a career ending injury diagnosed in 5 mins last night, I'm just glad he will be fit for the start of next season.
Time for Harry to step up big time.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So we get casemiro, Erikson and martial back and almost instantly lose licha, varane and rashford.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Might do both.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
When it rains on us, it floods.

flappyjay

Well Linda and Harry are now the two that will have to step up.
We won't be as good a watch now for the rest of the year but should still be good enough for top 4. Cup games are a lottery
Casemiro has to be an absolute rock in front of them.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
It's not as bad as feared with Varane and even if we do unfortunately have to play Maguire and Lindelof at least we have Casemiro sat in front of them both.

Although Maguire is terrible and I am desperate for us to get rid in the summer it would be nice if he popped up with an important winning goal. City in the Cup final.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah season done. I don't expect any more trophies now but I do expect the fringe players to stand up and give it a go.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Maguire suspended for FA cup game too right?

Marcelinho87

So we get casemiro, Erikson and martial back and almost instantly lose licha, varane and rashford.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Might do both.
Rashford might be ready for next leg so he's not a bad one but yeah rest sucks.

dove

Now I am suddenly a bit worried about TOP 4. Let's just pray Casemiro stays fit and avoids red cards otherwise it's going to be really tough.

MyBloodIsRed

to win things you need luck. Looks like our luck has run out for the season…. Rapha,
Licha, Rashy…. Plus Shaw and McTominay are short term misses.

Matt007a

It’s bad news but compared to the achilles injury we thought it was, this isn’t nearly as bad.

We could have managed with just 1 injury but both together leaves us in all sorts of trouble! I think I’d rather see Shaw back in at CB rather than a Maguire/Lindelof combo.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rip season and Maguire's captain winning record.

CM

That Sevilla game might've been terminal for our season

Cathy Ferguson

It's not as bad as feared with Varane and even if we do unfortunately have to play Maguire and Lindelof at least we have Casemiro sat in front of them both.

Although Maguire is terrible and I am desperate for us to get rid in the summer it would be nice if he popped up with an important winning goal. City in the Cup final.
All three lack serious pace so it will weaken us a lot. Major setback and I would expect a real fight to finish top 4.

Sylar

We have good enough players to see us over the line for top four at the very least.
Europa and fa cup will be tougher without our starting defensive duo for both those ties and them being two day apart.

We badly need Shaw back. And Rashford too going the other way.

Judas

Open to offers
Praying we can still drag ourselves over the top 4 line, but for the first time in many many months I’m more than a tad worried. It’ll take some serious luck to win another trophy, but you never know in football.