5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

I'm so glad he played him up top. Will do his confidence wonders and he got a goal from it and a couple of other good chances.

SuperiorXI

That goal will be underrated because of how unconventional it looked but honestly it was an incredibly well taken goal, not many strikers in the world, never mind the PL, would have the skill to pull that off. And he meant it.

Chief123

Incredible finish. So hard to think of players gone by who are so deadly!

kundalini

Super turn and shot for his goal. 3 other shots, one that hit Martial. Struggled in the first half, more involved in the 2nd half.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Outrageous first touch for the goal.

He's definitely not looking as hot as he was last season, but his insane talent will still shine through

Chief123

That goal will be underrated because of how unconventional it looked but honestly it was an incredibly well taken goal, not many strikers in the world, never mind the PL, would have the skill to pull that off. And he meant it.
Agreed. That first touch is incredibly hard to execute. He took the pace off the ball which was behind him and then had it fall just in front of him to give him an angle to put it back across the keeper. It was a true thing of beauty.

SuperiorXI

Agreed. That first touch is incredibly hard to execute. He took the pace off the ball which was behind him and then had it fall just in front of him to give him an angle to put it back across the keeper. It was a true thing of beauty.
This kid is insanely talented, it gets thrown around but he really is insanely talented. We're blessed to have him.

laughtersassassin

Wasn't the best game but I don't think anyone had their best game.

Fantastic goal though. Touch was sublime and a nice low hard strike as he usually does. Good movement in the Bronx too when the ball was being laid back to Telles.

Only he would score that goal for us. Rashford and Martial just don't have that in them. That's why I like him so much.

Needs to be playing more minutes. I'd be starting him against Leizpig for sure.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really well taken goal, when he got moved to the middle he found a new lease of life, making runs everywhere. On a different night he could've had a hat trick. I still back him to score the majority of the time he gets into the box.

Hopefully that gives him the confidence to push on. Very stop start this season. He needs to make sure he can have an impact from the right as well, because Cavani will play most games of fit.

HowYouDoin

Looks lost on the right but middle comes to life.
True. Just not a winger. We might be wasting him there. Normally I hate saying that any player plays in the wrong position and if you just changed their position they would flourish, most often those are excuses but Greenwood is a pure number 9.

From this point on he should make the position his and he should be our regular starter at that position.

Also we are getting Diallo soon who is a real winger so yeah makes no sense playing Mason there anymore. Unleash him at number 9, let him get to that level of Haaland etc. He is that talented.

laughtersassassin

True. Just not a winger. We might be wasting him there. Normally I hate saying that any player plays in the wrong position and if you just changed their position they would flourish, most often those are excuses but Greenwood is a pure number 9.

From this point on he should make the position his and he should be our regular starter at that position.
He isn't a winger but If we started to control games more and where more dangerous he would be very good out there as shown last season.

Issue is most games this season he's been out in the right and the team is creating next to nothing and barely getting forward.

It's not a case that he can't play on the right.

Last edited:

HowYouDoin

He isn't a winger If we started to control games more and where more dangerous he would be very good out there as shown last season.

Issue is most games this season he's been out in the right and the team is creating next to nothing and barely getting forward.

It's not a case that he can't play on the right.
I know he can play there cuz he is good and dangerous but realistically he is a pure number 9. He will flourish there, he might be world class, no need to play him on the wing anymore.
Play Rashford, play Martial if you need to. They are not pure 9's. Greenwood is. Also with the arrival of Diallo, we will have many wingers for both flanks.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What an insanely talented footballer. This kid would be worth 100-150m pounds on any other team in the world.
He’s just an absolute psychopath. The kid feels nothing in a game. He has 0 care what the scoreboard is. He’s godly talented at football and will make scoring 4-5 goals a game look normal soon. Enjoy him

Nick7

Also we are getting Diallo soon who is a real winger so yeah makes no sense playing Mason there anymore. Unleash him at number 9, let him get to that level of Haaland etc. He is that talented.
He never has been a winger. He’s playing out there because it’s easier for players to come into the team out wide. He’s still very young and there’s too much responsibility on a lone striker. Add to that, he’s probably our best right winger for the last year and a half somehow :lol: I’d expect by next season he will be our starting striker.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Mason Van Greenwood.

SinNombre

3 goals and 2 assists in 12 appearances, not bad for a completely broken season. He'll be fine and Ole has done a good job protecting him over the past weeks.

fergosaurus

He's so bloody lethal when he gets the slightest chance. And I don't recall a player as comfortable with either foot as Mason. He says he slightly prefers his left but takes pens with his right.

Chief123

This kid is insanely talented, it gets thrown around but he really is insanely talented. We're blessed to have him.
I actually said to my whatsapp mates that I fancy Greenwood to score tonight. I said if he gets one chance he’ll take it.

The kid literally just needs a small sniff and he eats it up.

The chance in injury time which he made a mess of was over exuberance. I think he was trying to finish it off in style. But if that was a critical goal needed I’m confident he would have buried it.

Mcking

He could shoot, yeah, but when he isn't shooting, he doesn't offer anywhere near enough.

-Supreme-

I would play him a few games upfront, with Martial and Rashford on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.