Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I’m glad you’ve mapped out his career for him, based on a handful of performances this season.

The majority of our fan base don’t even deserve the sheer depth of quality talent we get from our academy. Never seen more young players written off so fast as on here. He’s 19 and his whole career ahead of him. He’s a huge talent. He may or may not fulfil his promise but it is way too early to tell. How much he can develop between now and 22/23 is massive, and a difficult few months won’t change that.
Martial was a huge talent though. We thought he could be future Ballon D’or winner after his debut season with us. Last season he was arguably our best player too.

He is great in his debut season, but like many others before him, got “found out” in his 2nd season. Seems he is going to follow Martial footsteps, talent player with brilliant and promising debut season, but afterwards becoming inconsistent over the years, but still manage to score 10-15 goals, and sometimes in good form could managed 20+ goals per season. (Martial was arguably our best player last season mind)

It’s still too early to judge though. But he is no Haaland for sure. I have no idea how good he could be, but he is surely a very talent young player with great finishing.
Awful post. All there is to say really.

GueRed

He is great in his debut season, but like many others before him, got “found out” in his 2nd season. Seems he is going to follow Martial footsteps, talent player with brilliant and promising debut season, but afterwards becoming inconsistent over the years, but still manage to score 10-15 goals, and sometimes in good form could managed 20+ goals per season. (Martial was arguably our best player last season mind)

It’s still too early to judge though. But he is no Haaland for sure. I have no idea how good he could be, but he is surely a very talent young player with great finishing.
so he's just another Martial then. you heard it here first

thats it lads

TsuWave

such a weird post

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Mason was immense last season. Cannot recall any wonderkidish season where a young talent amazed the league and made fans caught ones breath. Maybe Dele Alli, but Mason's vibe was different. Alli was a mixture of luck and flukeness, Mason's just pure raw talent and the clinical level of scoring was mind-blowing, some similarity with Haaland.

This year he has been more senior and this wow-vibe has disappeared as now people are expecting things from him. Well, let's see - he has all to become an elite striker. Not a good one, but elite. I see some RVP-Rooney vibes in him - RVP's ability and Rooney's raw talent.

This scandal with Foden has affected him I guess and it's totally logical as well - his first scandal and British media loves to test the patience and nerves of their targets. I am quite sure that he will come good and maybe we will see him in Euros, who knows?

Mason was immense last season. Cannot recall any wonderkidish season where a young talent amazed the league and made fans caught ones breath. Maybe Dele Alli, but Mason's vibe was different. Alli was a mixture of luck and flukeness, Mason's just pure raw talent and the clinical level of scoring was mind-blowing, some similarity with Haaland.

This year he has been more senior and this wow-vibe has disappeared as now people are expecting things from him. Well, let's see - he has all to become an elite striker. Not a good one, but elite. I see some RVP-Rooney vibes in him - RVP's ability and Rooney's raw talent.

This scandal with Foden has affected him I guess and it's totally logical as well - his first scandal and British media loves to test the patience and nerves of their targets. I am quite sure that he will come good and maybe we will see him in Euros, who knows?
england have a lot of attacking talent. Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Sterling. Rashford. Grealish and Sancho to name a few.

I think the Euros may come too soon, and the fact he made a big error whilst in England duty will go against him with the manager. Needs to have a top 6 months to have a chance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Too early to judge yet that’s exactly what you’re doing? He’s had a difficult 2nd season which isn’t unusual. His actual all round play has been good, he’s just not been finishing quite as well as he normally does.

Once he regains some confidence he’ll be back to burying chances.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No, just think it's extremely weird to predict the future of a fecking 19 year old based off of a few months of inconsistent form in his second year in the league. Playing out of his natural position no less. Might just be me though.
Its just a guess, I didn't say it will likely to happen, as its too early to judge.

People always hyped someone up as future Ballon D'or winner, or generational talent who could be best of the generation etc. Or new Van Persie or new Ronaldo or Messi. It happens all the time, do you say its weird too?

But regardless, his brilliant display last season does remind me of Martial, in sense that both are brilliant in their first season with us.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Too early to judge yet that’s exactly what you’re doing? He’s had a difficult 2nd season which isn’t unusual. His actual all round play has been good, he’s just not been finishing quite as well as he normally does.

Once he regains some confidence he’ll be back to burying chances.
Following footstep of Martial isn't something to be ashamed of. Martial was arguably our best player last season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Imagine thinking an 19 year old has been found out less than 20 games into his 2nd ever season of professional football :houllier:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine thinking an 19 year old has been found out less than 20 games into his 2nd ever season of professional football :houllier:
I am just saying, it happened all the time to alot of players. Its called 2nd season syndrome.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He hasn’t been found out. Only people who had unrealistic expectations of an 18 year old having a great first season with the first team could come to this conclusion.
I am sure he will be absolutely fine and for at least 1-2 more years he will continue to be inconsistent.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It's even weirder to criticise Greenwood when all of our forwards are struggling to get going this season. Coupled with the fact he's had a tough time off the pitch (Losing his friend and the England error) it's no suprise he's not hit the same heights as last season.

With that much natural talent, if he keeps his feet on the ground and works hard he'll come good.

Korwas

Mason reminded me a lot of Asensio last year with the lethal shooting, really hope his career takes of instead of stalling. I think when you have a weapon like that level of shooting it can be the same as being physically strong or superfast, you might end up relying to much on your advantage and stagnate. Hope Mason follow the RVP path and become a superstriker.

Everton 0:2 Man Utd

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought he was sharp and dangerous up until he came off. That diving header made me think he's picked that up in training from Cavani. Was an excellent move.

Looks like the only balanced option on the right. We are so lucky to have him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So unlucky not to score that header, I said the other day he just needs one to go off his backside at the moment

PaulScholes99

I thought it was a brilliant performance from Mason. He really contributed to our attacks, was very active and did nearly everything right. That is what i wanted to see from him because we already know that he can shoot but his general play is improving in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can’t get enough of this player. Insanely godly talented at football. He is almost flawless with the ball at his feet at only 18 (what’s his age anyway?) which makes passing him the ball a massive threat in any channel he picks it up in.

He’s obviously learning exponentially from Cavani. That header was classic striker instinct - pick it up, lay it off to the winger and exploit the space in the box automatically.

If he actually gains even a fraction of the habits that Cavani has he will be world class in less than a year.

ReallyUSA

Tell me my future

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Played really well, unfairly subbed imo but I guess it was more due to rotation.

unlucky not to score the header, he’s not looked great in the air before so that was a real positive.

his build up play is fantastic, first touch, pass and move. Seems to be recovering his fitness and form now which is a great sign.

dal

I’d have preferred Bruno and VDB to come off yesterday, I thought he was about to score.

I think it’s clear he starts on Saturday.

He looks after the ball very well, his technique is brilliant, he’s going to be ridiculous.

If we could get a Grealish in, our options will be brilliant in terms of ball carriers.

Grealish (pogba out) Greenwood, Rashford, Diallo, DCL, Bruno, Martial.

I’d be very happy if the above are our 7 attacking options for the front four positions over the next two years.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I’d have preferred Bruno and VDB to come off yesterday, I thought he was about to score.

I think it’s clear he starts on Saturday.

He looks after the ball very well, his technique is brilliant, he’s going to be ridiculous.

If we could get a Grealish in, our options will be brilliant in terms of ball carriers.

Grealish (pogba out) Greenwood, Rashford, Diallo, DCL, Bruno, Martial.

I’d be very happy if the above are our 7 attacking options for the front four positions over the next two years.
Who's this DCL?

Man Utd 1:0 Wolves

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks a bit too predictable at the minute. I’m pretty sure he’s very two-footed, but recently it seems he tries to constantly try and get the ball onto his left at every opportunity.

spiriticon

Yup second season syndrome kicking in true and proper

Defenders have sussed him out on the right and it's his turn to adapt his game

Yup second season syndrome kicking in true and proper

Defenders have sussed him out on the right and it's his turn to adapt his game
agree. He needs to work on creating space, and how to go past players - needs a plan b. Step over, step over, step over has been found out.

kundalini

Super cross for Fernandes' big chance in the first half. Otherwise fairly quiet.

I thought this might happen. He has never been able to, or needed to, force himself on a game before. His killer finishing and ability to get a yard of space got him goals but defenders have sussed out how to position against him. He needs to adapt now.

EdinburghDevil

No doubt he's on a poor run of form and tonight wasn't much better.

Long term, he'll surely play through the middle, where I think we'll see the best of him.

Surprised Pellistri hasn't managed to force his way on the bench for a cameo given Greenwoods form in the 1st team, Pellistri's form and options on RW.

Devil81

Not been the same since he was sent home from England duty.

The press etc... Have heap pressure on him and he looks like the weight is heavy on his shoulders. I actually think a loan move wouldn't be a bad move to get him game time in his best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.