Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Had a decent game, it was difficult to get in the game so happy about him to get involved more than recently. He will start scoring eventually, just need to keep him playing regularly at one position.

acnumber9

I thought he’d a really good game and showed what he can do up front. Could’ve had two goals and an assist on another night. It just won’t go in for him at the minute, but if he plays like that they’ll come soon.

Brightonian

I was furious to see the referee blow for a foul at one point when Greenwood held off a defender while receiving then holding up a long pass forward to him. It's a really crucial element he'll need to add to his game as he gets stronger if he wants to be a #9 permanently, and he'd done it so brilliantly against a much bigger defender. Not a sniff of a foul, I've no idea what the ref thought he saw.

Sir Marcus

He's showing a brilliant attitude at the moment during a relatively difficult time and tonight he was excellent, motm for me.

reddevil702

Needs to be our #9. I feel confident he can score when he has the ball that I don’t necessarily get from Martial.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent once again when played in his natural position. Currently, he's our second best striker for me. A few things he can improve on, more runs off the ball, comes to the ball a bit too much and has his back to the goal often. But that will come as he plays as a forward more often, it will only benefit his development.

His passing was fantastic today. His interchange play with Bruno, his spreading it out wide. His crosses into the box. He has an appetite for goal like all top strikers do but his passing was great.
His passing is always fine when he actually does pass it. He has become very one dimensional this season which is why his goals have dried up. Today was better but still moments that have you screaming at him to look up and pass

Idxomer

There's a curse on our strikers this season in front of goal but this was a very good and promising performance from Greenwood today.

Obiorahking_

He needs to move better off the ball and his effort tends to waver after he has a bad play but nevertheless I thought he had a good game. Would rather invest all of our development into him at this point to close the season even if Martial is the better player for now.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was very unlucky not to score. It's only a matter of time before he does.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Decent game but some of the praise is well over the top. Just goes to show how the expectations for our forwards are at an all time low.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's gonna be such a great player. The way he moves with a football is just so fluid. Really unlucky today, can't wait til it clicks again for him.

Dante

Average bang
He's no more of a penalty box player than Martial right now. Still a player who very much wants the ball to feet, and doesn't gamble enough on crosses/loose balls. There must have been about 4 or 5 opportunities where I thought to myself that an instinctive poacher could have bundled the ball over the line.

Don't get me wrong... I love the kid and think he's the future of Manchester United. But there's no way he'll be ready to step into Cavani's shoes next season.

But enough about what he didn't do. What he did do, he did very well. Despite the lack of goals, he's still showing really good growth in his all round game.

The United

I think Ole is managing him well so far.

He dropped him out of the line up when it seemed like his head was not in the right place earlier this season to shake him up a bit. His overall game including work rate is a lot better now.

Just need to get back to scoring goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unlucky not to score last night. The goals will start flowing soon. He's got too much quality for that not to happen. Two things through
  • He could add a few more types of finishes to add variety to his game.
  • Needs to play a lot more as a 9 to truly suit the position. He still plays like a roaming forward/second striker for me, like Griezmann. That's a hard role to justify in the modern game when you don't play with two CFs and he's young enough to mould his game as a CF.

dabeast

Mason is ALREADY better than Rashford at:-
1. Running with the ball
2. Going past defenders
3. Linking up play
4. Holding the ball
5. Passing to open teammates
6. Mason is stronger

Rashford is better than Greenwood at:-
1. Tricks that he rarely uses in games.
2. Maybe, pace although Greenwood looks absolutely rapid when he needs to as opposed to Rashford who goes steaming into groups of 4 or 5 defenders.
3. Dipping freekicks

This is all without mentioning Greenwood's signature quality, his finishing. I don't think Mason is meant to be a CF, he is much more a wide forward, an actually two-footed CR7 clone who is going to absolutely dominate.

tjb

1. Running with the ball
2. Going past defenders
3. Linking up play
4. Holding the ball
6. Mason is stronger

2. Maybe, pace although Greenwood looks absolutely rapid when he needs to as opposed to Rashford who goes steaming into groups of 4 or 5 defenders.
3. Dipping freekicks

This is all without mentioning Greenwood's signature quality, his finishing. I don't think Mason is meant to be a CF, he is much more a wide forward, an actually two-footed CR7 clone who is going to absolutely dominate.
I think rashfords confidence makes him better than Greenwood at the moment but that comes with time.

tjb

Unlucky not to score last night. The goals will start flowing soon. He's got too much quality for that not to happen. Two things through
  • He could add a few more types of finishes to add variety to his game.
  • Needs to play a lot more as a 9 to truly suit the position. He still plays like a roaming forward/second striker for me, like Griezmann. That's a hard role to justify in the modern game when you don't play with two CFs and he's young enough to mould his game as a CF.
I think you've nailed it. Again like RVP in his earlier years. He has the talent to score amazing goals right now. Has all the attributes and link up of a second striker right now, but lacks the experience of movement for the 9 spot, something which playing in that role long enough will get him. Play him for the rest of the season in as many games as possible as a 9 to prepare him for next season.

Number32

1. Running with the ball
2. Going past defenders
3. Linking up play
4. Holding the ball
6. Mason is stronger

3. Dipping freekicks

I think Rashford has a better body control, and remember he still feel the pain on his back after last season injury. He is better at running off the ball too, his positioning was on point. Greenwood has lost his signature finishing this season, so Rashford is still a better player now.

UDontMessWith24

I was furious to see the referee blow for a foul at one point when Greenwood held off a defender while receiving then holding up a long pass forward to him. It's a really crucial element he'll need to add to his game as he gets stronger if he wants to be a #9 permanently, and he'd done it so brilliantly against a much bigger defender. Not a sniff of a foul, I've no idea what the ref thought he saw.
I think his strength is pretty good as the sequence you mentioned shows. If you’ve played football at any level which I’m assuming you have, you know when the ball is coming to you with your back to defenders if you’re overly focused on bracing yourself for contact your first touch isn’t going to be very good. He’ll figure it out as he gets more playing time.

Red_Aaron

Played well and was unlucky with 2 good finishes hitting the woodwork.

The cross for rashford was a peach and he's hitting more and more of those of late, along with Shaw he's shown great improvement in his crossing.

I'm sure the goals will come, you can still see that instinct in him, over and above pretty much all our other forwards. I'm not worried there at all, we mustn't forget just how young he is

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, shame he didn't score. Deserved goal for how good he was, twice he hit the post. His overall game was very good, moved to channels and received passes on half turn keep the flow of the game at times. Shame he is so unlucky with the finishing, missed goal by few inches so many times already.

Mike Smalling

Unlucky not to come away with at least a goal and an assist yesterday. Maguire was my MOTM, but Greenwood was certainly a close second. It's clear he has tons of ability outside of just finishing, so I am sure it will click for him again soon. Can't wait for that to happen!

Marwood

He's so good.

It's all down to his personality now, how much does he want it. He seems a pretty laid back guy, I'm hoping he finds a bit of aggression as he matures. A bit more intensity to him.

Brightonian

I think his strength is pretty good as the sequence you mentioned shows. If you’ve played football at any level which I’m assuming you have, you know when the ball is coming to you with your back to defenders if you’re overly focused on bracing yourself for contact your first touch isn’t going to be very good. He’ll figure it out as he gets more playing time.
Oh I know he will. He's got quality and he's got the frame for it too. It was just such a good sign of progress and for the referee to immediately punish it was infuriating.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't get this obsession with playing Greenwood up top. His big weakness is awareness. He often beats a man only to miss the target or not find his teammates. There was a moment like that this game where he missed Bruno.

It's so much easier to play on the wing than centrally if you lack the awareness. He has the pace and the ability to make something happen. He's a winger.

One of the few forwards that was dangerous, he really deserved a goal.

bsCallout

Where Bruno will fit in? Who will protect our 2 CBs? Midfield 2 will be destroyed.
Not necessarily talking about starting with a 4-4-2 but in these games against a low block I think it could be effective. Bruno or Pogba with Fred or McT.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm glad we're giving him more chances as a striker.

He can still pull wide and dribble at people like that chance he made in the 2nd half before we got the corner for the goal.

We desperately need another wide man this summer.

Matt007a

I think he needs to get himself into the box more, but it's not always easy when you're drifting wide and alternating positions with another forward. There were a few instances where West Ham were blocking every options of a through ball into the box and the best option was to cross, but no one was in the 6 yard box waiting.

That said his overall game was very good. He went past people, put in some decent deliveries and was unlucky not to score.

Brightonian

I don't get this obsession with playing Greenwood up top. His big weakness is awareness. He often beats a man only to miss the target or not find his teammates. There was a moment like that this game where he missed Bruno.

It's so much easier to play on the wing than centrally if you lack the awareness. He has the pace and the ability to make something happen. He's a winger.

One of the few forwards that was dangerous, he really deserved a goal.
The wing is the right place for him now, and there's no rush, but he'll definitely be a #9 or an old-fashioned #10. You don't put someone who is such a natural goalscorer out wide where he won't get as much opportunity to shoot. Especially as although he is very good on the ball he's not really a dribbler; he's never going to want to beat his fullback on the byline.

GueRed

Played well last night.

I hope he keeps plugging away.

As long as he plays near to the oppostion penalty box eg. Centre Forward the goals WILL come.

Status
Not open for further replies.