5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggins

He needs a manager that will be on his back all the time so that he can realize his potential (which is huge). If he keeps working hard, we have a truly world class attacker for years.

RUCK4444

Elite talent. Needs to be getting experience in the no 9 role more which worries me as it’s hard for us to do that with Ronnie.

slored1

He'll be incredible in two years when playing under an actual manager. 30+ goals a season player.

arthurka

Has all the potential to become a great Utd player. The question is his attitude that's the only thing that could hinder him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sancho, Ronaldo, Greenwood. That should be our front 3. Rashford needs to earn his place back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mason picked up where he left off after coming on at the weekend. Breathing down Rashford's neck. Beautiful goal too.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Whilst I agree his all-round game is better than Rashford, he doesn't run in behind in the same way Rashford will do it time and again. It's why I expect Marcus to start on Sunday again, even though Norwich will sit in a low block.

It'll be great for him that we are now playing a 4222 though, perfect for him to get time through the middle whilst having a world class player like CR7 next to him.

SAF is the GOAT

That's the kind of goals I want to see from him, those the "fox in the box" type of goals because he's a killer there and with a blink of an eye he will finish you.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Best player on the pitch by a mile. Real shame we couldn't play him within 50 yards of another decent footballer this evening, had absolutely no support whatsoever.

He's got elite level talent. Not sure what will come of it, but have to hope Rangnick loves him.

Best player on the pitch, but not sure he did enough to convince he's a better choice than Sancho.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Greenwood - Rashford is the new Martial - Rashford. Neither was better than the other for a quite long time as they were quite hot and cold. Until Rashford pulled away.

I hope they both shine.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No he's not. Wrong side of the pitch.
Literally we set up like this at the weekend.
——Ronaldo——Rashford——
Sancho—————————Bruno

No reason why Greenwood couldn’t slot into one of those front two striker positions. He’s a striker and Rashford was playing striker.

——Ronaldo——Rashford——
Sancho—————————Bruno

No reason why Greenwood couldn’t slot into one of those front two striker positions. He’s a striker and Rashford was playing striker.
That's practically the first time we've ever lined up like that. For his entire career Rashford has been on the left, Greenwood on the right. We signed Sancho to play on the right.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Better passer too.
It's a bit of a shame since just before the back injury Rashford actually added a lot of creativity to his game but he seems to have completely lost it — both the vision and technical execution. Greenwood's general technique is better though, way more consistent.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No he's not. Wrong side of the pitch.
——Ronaldo——Rashford——
Sancho—————————Bruno

That's practically the first time we've ever lined up like that. For his entire career Rashford has been on the left, Greenwood on the right. We signed Sancho to play on the right.
Coincidentally it's practically the first time we've ever played under Rangnick...

El Zoido

He looked like the most experienced and mature player on the pitch, despite Mata and Matic being out there.

Devil may care

Class, scored a very good goal, laid one on a plate for Mata and used the ball really well, looked tye leader out there. Needs to start on Saturday.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Huh. Interesting. I wonder is that “athletic level” comment a reference to his cardio? His stats aren’t great for defensive effort and there must be some data behind him almost never being allowed to play a full 90.

Great to see him putting in some tackles tonight anyway. Impressing the new boss.

RuudTom83

I like the comments from Ralf.

Mason is a beast of a finisher, but he’s only 20 and we don’t know his ceiling yet!

Let’s see how far Ralf can push him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, the most interesting bit. He mentioned it twice, about becoming an athlete. I think that's not just the defensive effort, but a fair assessment on what he can improve on. He's already one of the best technical players at the club, super composed, Rio said it well when he mentioned that he doesn't get tackled as often, because he evades it thinking a step ahead. Rangnick said he can develop physically and mentally, but technically he's great, and made a point of if Mason fulfills his potential he can become a regular for the team and quite valuable. That's been obvious since he first burst onto the scene, but he's not really developed that much (there was a bit when Ole wanted him to learn from Cavani, which he seemed to do) and he's keeping his feet on the ground. I think that's sensible, but Mason will obviously become a great player.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Huh. Interesting. I wonder is that “athletic level” comment a reference to his cardio? His stats aren’t great for defensive effort and there must be some data behind him almost never being allowed to play a full 90.

Great to see him putting in some tackles tonight anyway. Impressing the new boss.
I've always thought similar to Martial there's obvious stamina issues. It feels like he has to pace himself to last 90 and can't really manage too much sustained hard running. People would often lose their shit when Ole subbed him off early before other players he was obviously playing better than but you could often see him tiring as games went on.

Obviously he's young so hopefully can improve on this under Ralf.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Whilst I agree his all-round game is better than Rashford, he doesn't run in behind in the same way Rashford will do it time and again. It's why I expect Marcus to start on Sunday again, even though Norwich will sit in a low block.

It'll be great for him that we are now playing a 4222 though, perfect for him to get time through the middle whilst having a world class player like CR7 next to him.
What good is rashford running behind when he can't stay onside?

criticalanalysis

I've always thought similar to Martial there's obvious stamina issues. It feels like he has to pace himself to last 90 and can't really manage too much sustained hard running. People would often lose their shit when Ole subbed him off early before other players he was obviously playing better than but you could often see him tiring as games went on.

Obviously he's young so hopefully can improve on this under Ralf.
Yes that would make sense. A lot of his close dribbling, touches and passes are done well due to his technique that comes from his high hip centre of gravity/running gait; I'm sure it takes a lot on the body especially if you're not a high octane athletic specimen like Rooney/Rashford/Ronaldo etc. Obviously those players worked on it but it probably came more naturally than compared to Greenwood.

Similar to Sancho, their bodies are not (currently) built for lots high intensity sprints and box to box running.

justboy68

He needs to be replacing Rashford in the first team. Far, far bigger talent. Rashford is a nice squad option long term.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

He seems a bit languid at times, like Berbatov (although not as much). Maybe it's a by-product of being a cerebral player?

Lam

Clearly showed he doesn’t belong in this B team. Needs to start a lot more in the League.

edcunited1878

He's 20 years old. He has 3 to 4 years of physically maturing, then he'll adapt to his body as he ages into his late 20s. But he has loads to still experience, learn, and apply on a daily basis, let alone on matchdays.

We don't know how significant his Covid was nor if he will have any long term impacts. Mason has improved every year and he will continue to improve physically, emotionally, and mentally....in addition to his football talents.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Yep that could very well be true. Either way though, that was the hardest working performance I’ve ever seen from Greenwood so it’s clear Ragnick has had an immediate impact on that front. If he keeps working hard he could be a beast under this new regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.