Mason Greenwood - Football Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wasn't it reported at some point that this actually is the case :lol:
I think so. He might not be any more though. The point is, the players are going to think about what affects them: Is he on form? Does he train properly? Has he shat in my socks this week?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Weird how his football talent is played down by few, "it's just 10 league goals" completely ignoring he was just 18 when he scored that many goals and he wasn't even regular starter. He played just 1313, 1876, 1281 mins in league and he was 18-20 when he did that.

Greenwood would have been first choice player, arguably competing to be our best attacker. Shame things didn't work out as expected.

Also looks like EtH wants him in the team, so maybe he will be loaned out to be match fit. Also don't think players are disgusted at him like fans do. He was training with Elanga this off season.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The loan abroad would be to bring him up to speed with professional football again in a first team environment. He must be rusty as hell. He hasn't kicked a ball for a professional football team in a year and a half?
Understand that. It is really a balance of risk.
And in my view, any risk can be dealt with better within Manchester United environment.

Guapa

Hope he picks up where he left off and we get him back into the squad in January.The guys a talent and an asset.

Strelok

Very good point. It reminds me of a documentary I listened to on Radio 4 many years ago about elite private schools (Eton, etc). The students/teachers talked about how the main purpose of the school was to guide them as leaders with higher self-belief in their abilities than your average person so that by the time they leave they have this unwavering ability in themselves.

I'd say top level sportspeople are in the same bracket psychologically speaking and is what makes them different to most people - and like politicians why they can be insidious when they channel that energy in the wrong way.
Yeah based on my personal experience most successful and rich people all somewhat fall into this group. Nice or not (most of the cases not). So that school was actually not wrong imo.

Anyway back to the topic imo those people commonly are pretty immune to what other say about them. Unless that might affect them in getting what they want. And they're all freaking focused in getting what they want where they want and imo it's probably a big reason behind their successes. We the normal people usually let what around us affect and bother us too much. So if we decide to let him back mentally he'd be just fine imo.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Hope he picks up where he left off and we get him back into the squad in January.The guys a talent and an asset.
The guy is a cnut

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Also looks like EtH wants him in the team, so maybe he will be loaned out to be match fit. Also don't think players are disgusted at him like fans do. He was training with Elanga this off season.
Really? Ffs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Really? Ffs.
There was a pic posted where Greenwood was training with Elanga and one more guy.

EtH mentioned him as one of the player capable of scoring goals and he will go by club's decision.

norm87cro

Look I thought he was sharp and improving before all this non-football stuff. I think ETH can use him and with the emergence of Garnacho he has direct competition in him IMO. Lets just see if he got a little rusty but he is young and should find his rythm by October

Strelok

The guy is a cnut
No doubt but as I've explained above this is also why I do think he'd be a WC player one day. He surely got the football talent and unfortunately imo also the unshakable self belief and work ethic of a dickhead narcissistic ahole to become one.

Imo mentally he's very similar with Ronaldo, that's probably why both seem to really dislike each other back then. Narcissistic people never get along well between themselves.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This thread is being closed. We are now going to wait to see what the club does with him before any further action. Should you want to discuss MG please do so offline from Redcafe

Status
Not open for further replies.