Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

cafecillos

Behave yourself...

Read the posts, there is a lot of... "he's been a 'bad lad' and he shouldn't be allowed back to United..." oh by the way he could go to somewhere else and (if he does) hopefully we will get 'loads-a-money' for him... yes, that's OK, somewhere in another country preferably, that's better, out of sight out of mind.

We've never had players (and others) associated with the club in the past, who have been real sh**'s... now have we??

If the girls' forgiven him and taken him back, so should we... everyone deserves a second chance... don't they??
Wow, nobody had said that before, great insight.

Pickle85

Behave yourself...

Read the posts, there is a lot of... "he's been a 'bad lad' and he shouldn't be allowed back to United..." oh by the way he could go to somewhere else and (if he does) hopefully we will get 'loads-a-money' for him... yes, that's OK, somewhere in another country preferably, that's better, out of sight out of mind.

We've never had players (and others) associated with the club in the past, who have been real sh**'s... now have we??

If the girls' forgiven him and taken him back, so should we... everyone deserves a second chance... don't they??
So you don't know what virtue signaling is, then?

He's not been charged so he can't be prevented from playing football again and, in doing so, having a new generation of supporters looking up to him. I would rather never see him play again myself, even if it meant us forgoing a fee, but the situation is what it is.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with what's gone before, particularly as most, if not all, the posters condemning his behavior would have done exactly the same with previous players that have behaved badly (most of whom weren't suspected rapists and partner beaters, mind). But your logic seems to be 'well, we've had other wrong uns play for us before so we may as well allow him back', which is completely ridiculous.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The cancelling is always there, Ryan Giggs is the most decorated player and he is deliberately left out of EPL Hall of Fame
Devastating.
Give it a few years and he'll be back doing something football related, there's a pattern to these things.

IRN-BRUno

You could easily say he's had plenty of 'second chances' already. I'm sure it was reported that there were issues with him in the youth setup, after that he had problems with turning up late, his idiotic behaviour on England duty could have got the whole squad deported from Iceland, also broke lockdown rules at home, he broke his bail conditions numerous times and so on.

He's had his chances here and only has himself to blame for that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Between the sale of him, sancho and Hannibal, we should be able to purchase a new winger.
We already have a glut of wingers/wide players, so its doubtful we will be buying another imo. Antony, Pellistri, and Amad are also in the mix for next year.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Behave yourself...

It's having standards, not virtue signalling. He's a fecking scrote.

And we've been round and round with the bullshit about her taking him back. Read back and educate yourself.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
We already have a glut of wingers/wide players, so its doubtful we will be buying another imo. Antony, Pellistri, and Amad are also in the mix for next year.
Pellistri will leave as well, likely amad as well given how this season has gone.

If we had any balls, amad would stay and Antony would leave. In any case we simply must add a winger (or 2), sticking with the ones we have will guarantee continued failure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pellistri will leave as well, likely amad as well given how this season has gone.

If we had any balls, amad would stay and Antony would leave. In any case we simply must add a winger (or 2), sticking with the ones we have will guarantee continued failure.
So your view is that spare Garnacho, we are going to get rid of most or all of our wide players this summer is it ? ;)

There's an approximately zero percent chance of that happening, even if we change managers. Because Sancho is on massive wages, he is likely to return under a new manager. Amad has shown a lot of promise in his few appearances. Not all of our wide players have to be consistent starters (see what Arteta has done with Trossard, Martinelli, and Saka lately). Ideally it will be a meritocracy where whoever is healthy and in form gets the most minutes.

Maticmaker

It also has absolutely nothing to do with what's gone before, particularly as most, if not all, the posters condemning his behavior would have done exactly the same with previous players that have behaved badly (most of whom weren't suspected rapists and partner beaters, mind). But your logic seems to be 'well, we've had other wrong uns play for us before so we may as well allow him back', which is completely ridiculous.
It has everything to do with whats gone before, people were, on the whole if not forgiven, then at least allowed to carry on their lives, at the club for some, or in another association with United.... even in one or two cases where no real contrition was evident... and they did not seek to make things right!

Would they? How many would give up their season tickets, stop supporting the club, 'condemning his behaviour'.... my foot!

Weren't suspected of raping/partner beating....Really...you do know your United history then do you?

In your eyes, yes..
. according to how you would judge people only suspected of things ...
(by the way you are not on the bench are you?)

Pickle85

It has everything to do with whats gone before, people were, on the whole if not forgiven, then at least allowed to carry on their lives, at the club for some, or in another association with United.... even in one or two cases where no real contrition was evident... and they did not seek to make things right!

Would they? How many would give up their season tickets, stop supporting the club, 'condemning his behaviour'.... my foot!

Weren't suspected of raping/partner beating....Really...you do know your United history then do you?

In your eyes, yes..
. according to how you would judge people only suspected of things ...
(by the way you are not on the bench are you?)
This is one of the worst incidents of alleged player criminal wrongdoing I can recall from a united player. And no, just because others have gotten away with shitty behavior in the past it doesn't mean that should be the status quo going forward. It's really not that difficult to understand.

As for 'how many will give up season tickets' I'm hoping we won't have to find out because he won't be coming back, but crack on with being outraged about reactions that haven't yet happened if that helps you to justify your opinion.

'Weren't suspected of raping/partner beating....Really...you do know your United history then do you?'

Funny how you chose not to quote the bit just before that where I said 'most of whom weren't...'. I'm very aware of some of the inexcusable behaviour of past players but again, them getting away with shitty behavior in the past doesn't mean all people that do similar things get a clean slate going forward. Why would it?

As for your last paragraph, it's yet again falling back on the fact that he wasn't tried for the crime, for reasons which have been explored as nauseam but which posters like you insist on disregarding .

Duafc

Village Lemon
The egregious use of bold, italics and idioms remain the main issues though.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Behave yourself...

Quite agree with you on this.
I said that at the time and made myself highly unpopular (like I care).
What he did was stupid.
But who hasn't done something stupid, especially at his age.

So many people are 'holier than thou'.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What he did was stupid.

Come on man...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So you don't know what virtue signaling is, then?

He's not been charged so he can't be prevented from playing football again and, in doing so, having a new generation of supporters looking up to him. I would rather never see him play again myself, even if it meant us forgoing a fee, but the situation is what it is.

No it wasn't. Did you not read what he said?

Duafc

Village Lemon
What he did was stupid.

Such a disgraceful way to label the recording/transcript, all to downplay the truly abhorrent content so you can get a good player back.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I'm in that camp
likewise, already hugely apathetic due to the episode and Uniteds response. Think I’ll feel that way until we see a squad/staff rebuild which is hopefully well underway.

Pickle85

Someone else who has never done something really stupid.
And someone else who believes that no one deserves a second chance.

Come on man....
Minimizing what he did as 'really stupid' is disgraceful. Be better.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Someone else who has never done something really stupid.
And someone else who believes that no one deserves a second chance.

Come on man....
:lol:

His second chance is the fact that he’s avoided charges and prison.