Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We have forgave shit attitute from other players in the past. Even some of them are legends! Now we live though in shit world so I'm not suprised no one is allowed to getting a 2nd chance.
Ah, shit attitude now is it?

HackeyC

Let's be clear, he isn't going through this because of the hate mob, it is self inflicted. What is odd is that it's fine for him to go to someone like Barca but not play for United. Double standards.

Fridge chutney

Let's be clear, he isn't going through this because of the hate mob, it is self inflicted. What is odd is that it's fine for him to go to someone like Barca but not play for United. Double standards.
I'm sure that if those opposed were Barca fans, they wouldn't find it "fine".

sebsheep

Well some have been to jail and attacked another person. It was fine then. Wonder if a footballer would be canceled for that now?
When was the last time a player actually got cancelled? Greenwood certainly hasn't been.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Barca won't want him for the same reasons we don't. (as well as him not being good enough for them)

Asger

When was the last time a player actually got cancelled? Greenwood certainly hasn't been.
Well, I would say he is being canceled by United fans. Cantona would probably have been canceled as well if what he did was now not 1995.

sebsheep

Well, I would say he is being canceled by United fans. Cantona would probably have been canceled as well if what he did was now not 1995.
He's not though, not wanting him to play for the club isn't cancelling him.
Cantona, as wrong as what he did was, lashed out at someone giving him xenophobic abuse. Very different scenario and you can find plenty of instances where people are more than fine with people doing similar.

lsd

The Oracle

No idea how you felt they were even remotely comparable situations

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Just when I thought this had gone around in circles long enough, we take a Cantona detour.

Greenwood is not comparable to Cantona, not at any level, whatever the point being discussed.

Red00012

Just when I thought this had gone around in circles long enough, we take a Cantona detour.

Greenwood is not comparable to Cantona, not at any level, whatever the point being discussed.
Wait until Tyson is brought up again

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Then next season hopefully we will have 11 Rashfords players!

After all they are just players and best teams use their best players. We don't.
He isn’t just a player, he’s a lad who allegedly did some serious things to his girlfriend. And bringing him back into the club would affect a lot of people. It’s not as black and shite as “he’s a footballer let hon play”

Yakuza_devils

Just wait for a few more months. SJR stated the club will review the situation and make decision one way or another at the end of the season. They need more information and need to monitor further on the situation before making the final call.

I wonder with a change of a new manager is inevitable, Sancho and Greenwood could still have a future with us? Hopefully things will clear up in the summer on the club next step forward.

LDUred

No, he shouldn't come back, but it's clear he's still the same Greenwood. His numbers speak for themselves.

In the highlights you can see how good his decision making on the pitch is. He knows where to run, when to check back, when to dribble, when to delay his shot. He's just a top quality player and we're losing him.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's not coming back but if Hojlund had half of this guy's eye for goal and finishing ability, we'd be comfortably top 4.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just wait for a few more months. SJR stated the club will review the situation and make decision one way or another at the end of the season. They need more information and need to monitor further on the situation before making the final call.

I wonder with a change of a new manager is inevitable, Sancho and Greenwood could still have a future with us? Hopefully things will clear up in the summer on the club next step forward.
If we switch managers they will probably consult with the new one to get his thoughts.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No, he shouldn't come back, but it's clear he's still the same Greenwood. His numbers speak for themselves.

In the highlights you can see how good his decision making on the pitch is. He knows where to run, when to check back, when to dribble, when to delay his shot. He's just a top quality player and we're losing him.
We have a lot of possession on the edge of the box. Greenwood would be lashing in a few of these chances Antony and Garnacho are snatching at. His finishing is that good. From a purely footballing standpoint he should be brought back as the second striker and use the money to invest in a quality midfield and left back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We have a lot of possession on the edge of the box. Greenwood would be lashing in a few of these chances Antony and Garnacho are snatching at. His finishing is that good. From a purely footballing standpoint he should be brought back as the second striker and use the money to invest in a quality midfield and left back.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out given that Rashford's time may be nearing an end and Sancho's return is hardly a sure thing. And that's before we even get to Antony's future and what happens with Pelisitri next year. The new manager will probably have some say in what happens, which will inform SJR's decision.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well some have been to jail and attacked another person. It was fine then. Wonder if a footballer would be canceled for that now?
Oh feck off. "Cancelled". You might as well get "Beware; I have an agenda and have already preloaded some boring buzzwords to use before we even talk" tattooed on your forehead.

It's not clever nor is it discreet. I see you. A blind fecking goblin living on Venus could see you.

Bondi77

Says more about how poor our attack is than how good Greenwood is at the moment.
Don't kid yourself mate,
Any Premier league would have them in their side on ability alone if he never fecked up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't kid yourself mate,
Any Premier league would have them in their side on ability alone if he never fecked up.
100%. He's a fantastic talent. Its just hard to hype him up strictly based on how terrible our attack is.

Looking at it with a bit more granularity. Greenwood has 8 goals and 6 assists in 29 appearances. No other attacker we have is anywhere close to that in as few appearances. Rashford has 13 goals in over 53 apperances. Garnacho has 9 goals and 4 assists in 47 appearance's. Sancho is on 3 goals and 1 assist in 19 appearances at Dortmund. So yes, Greenwood would probably be our most effective attacker in this side. Although we shouldn't be aiming so low where we think Greenwood would be the solution to our problems.

Beyond a new manager, we need a world class striker in the Haaland, Lewandowski mold. Someone capable of knocking in 30-40 goals. Then, having a player like Greenwood becomes far more meaningful.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out given that Rashford's time may be nearing an end and Sancho's return is hardly a sure thing. And that's before we even get to Antony's future and what happens with Pelisitri next year. The new manager will probably have some say in what happens, which will inform SJR's decision.
I don’t think that club will take him back unless he’s going to publicly apologise and he’s actually dying to come back. I doubt he is. I’d say Spain and a move to a bigger club probably suits him well and we make some money. It’s a pity though as a football fan as he is gifted and he’d be a starter for us next season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don’t think that club will take him back unless he’s going to publicly apologise and he’s actually dying to come back. I doubt he is. I’d say Spain and a move to a bigger club probably suits him well and we make some money. It’s a pity though as a football fan as he is gifted and he’d be a starter for us next season.
Its up to one man. Well two if you count Greenwood. Ultimately, its SJR's call though.

NotThatSoph

Was it hyperbole as well for wanting Cantona to play again?
These comments are so revealing. In what world would kicking someone because of xenophobic abuse be remotely similar to attemted rape? Imagine how disturbed you'd have to be to even make the comparison. It's for people with no sense of morality, they can only see the legal aspect.

Woziak

100%. He's a fantastic talent. Its just hard to hype him up strictly based on how terrible our attack is.

Looking at it with a bit more granularity. Greenwood has 8 goals and 6 assists in 29 appearances. No other attacker we have is anywhere close to that in as few appearances. Rashford has 13 goals in over 53 apperances. Garnacho has 9 goals and 4 assists in 47 appearance's. Sancho is on 3 goals and 1 assist in 19 appearances at Dortmund. So yes, Greenwood would probably be our most effective attacker in this side. Although we shouldn't be aiming so low where we think Greenwood would be the solution to our problems.

Beyond a new manager, we need a world class striker in the Haaland, Lewandowski mold. Someone capable of knocking in 30-40 goals. Then, having a player like Greenwood becomes far more meaningful.
I’d say we need a complete starting 3 elite strikers and whoever’s left should be squad members only, standards for this club since Ole left in players personal is beyond ridiculous let alone Sir Alex.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I was skeptical on how he'd do after being out for so long and having gone through the mental stress of his arrest and the ensuing period till his acquittal. Seems like he is getting back into the stride. Some club is going to get damn lucky acquiring a special talent for peanuts this summer.

Red00012

I’d love him back but SJR has far too much to lose by bringing him back. It’s not just Utd he’s invested in he’s not going to upset and derail his businesses by bringing a player back. He’ll be sold in the summer to free up wages and funds