Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

AaronRedDevil

I will say, 40m for a player like him is extremely low no? I hope they are smart enough to put add ons just in case.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
We'll end up selling him for 15+5 (in unrealistic add-ons) and that'll be it.
This is what I think, too. And the sooner the better.

The most talented player to come out of our academy since the class of 92. What an absolute tragedy. What could have been.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
One of the most hyperbolic statements I’ve ever seen. He’s probably not in the top ten.
Since the class of 92? There aren't many stand outs really.

Pogba, Morrisson, Welbeck, Cleverley, Lingard.

Then the recent ones like Mainoo and depending if you count Garnacho.

Yakuza_devils

When his contract ends? If Man Utd decided against bringing him back maybe send him to another loan. This time to a better club so that his stats could be much better and more clubs will be interested to spend more money on him?

10-15m this summer is crazy for a talent like him. He is seriously the best natural finisher I have seen in the world for a very long time.

QuietOn Fortune

As the owner of Nice, I do wonder if Sir Jim Raticliffe has seen PSG move to a more French Nationality side than before when they were more Neymar, Messi,Donnurama & Mbappe type of squad builders which kind of failed (much like Madrid's Galacticos) - & will try to build a strong British side here at United since Raticliffe is British too.

I do think if that's the case then players like Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford are unlikely to be sold & maybe be given 2nd chances whilst possibly players like Branthwaite are targeted too even though we arguably have a solid LCB whenever he is not injured. This is maybe why we are even linked to Southgate & Potter when I really hope that this is not true.

If we were owned by a Sheik then I have a feeling we would be building our team up a bit more Galactico style instead - going for the most available hyped up exciting player everytime for every position & replacing players like Greenwood & Rashford to try and get Mbappe off Madrid's hands, or replacing Malacia & Shaw to get Alphonso Davies just as a poor examples.

Last edited:

VWW

I'm intrigued by who the other prem teams interested are, given they know full well the publicity it will create.
it only applies to Utd (the publicity and moral outrage). I mean look at how Arsenal can get away by flying under the radar, but when its us we have a monopoly on this.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
it only applies to Utd (the publicity and moral outrage). I mean look at how Arsenal can get away by flying under the radar, but when its us we have a monopoly on this.
Yeah the moral outrage about this, especially from the likes of The Athletic, has been very selective - which doesn't mean it's wrong, but it's definitely interesting

Eplel

Yeah the moral outrage about this, especially from the likes of The Athletic, has been very selective - which doesn't mean it's wrong, but it's definitely interesting

It does feel that the outrage is unique to United. There are plenty of examples of footballers being complete pieces of shit, and the football world has conveniently memoryholed those (Benzema, Maradona, Terry, etc)

Mylock

I'd 100% agree with you on the athletic, posting their opinion but not letting anyone comment on their articles.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I mean, in terms of potential he’s probably top 3. Morrison being another.
Thing is though Morrison was spoke about with greater reverence, Mason actually delivered vastly more, both at underage and for the first team.

We don't know what's going to happen with Mainoo, but Mason has to be right beside Pogba as the best products the academy has produced. Personally don't think we can count Pique, but I'm not sure if that's unfair, he was probably in the academy for a similar amount of development time to Pogba.

Spark

Thing is though Morrison was spoke about with greater reverence, Mason actually delivered vastly more, both at underage and for the first team.

We don't know what's going to happen with Mainoo, but Mason has to be right beside Pogba as the best products the academy has produced. Personally don't think we can count Pique, but I'm not sure if that's unfair, he was probably in the academy for a similar amount of development time to Pogba.
Yeah agree with all of that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It would be the most British-media treatment of United ever if, after hounding him of United, he joins another Prem club - at which point the narrative will inevitably switch to 'United really let one go here', 'what were United thinking?' and 'were United too unforgiving to Prem hero'?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Partey still plays for them.
Greenwood moving from a domestic "rival" after a case where the evidence was a lot more public would be very different. The scrutiny (perhaps showing the inconsistency in how these things are covered) would be another level.

It's not even like Arsenal need this type of player either. An out and out number 9 would be there priority for the summer.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Surely will go abroad for a few years because the storm if he joins an English club will be massive.

It's not as big a deal abroad. He should be able to come back eventually though. I mean Alonso went back to Spain eventually.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would imagine this is all coming from his camp. I would be utterly shocked if any prem club was dumb enough to spend any money on him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It would be the most British-media treatment of United ever if, after hounding him of United, he joins another Prem club - at which point the narrative will inevitably switch to 'United really let one go here', 'what were United thinking?' and 'were United too unforgiving to Prem hero'?
If Man United think he didn't do it but don't have the balls to stick up for him, they deserve the stick.