Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

GreatDane

Greenwood’s case can be one of redemption and be an example to young people that one can change and be an exemplary member of society.
Or an example to young people that you can do whatever you want and there will be no consequences if you rich or famous enough.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Or an example to young people that you can do whatever you want and there will be no consequences if you rich or famous enough.
Wanted to do say the same. Quite an absurd argument, really. But so are most arguments that want him to come back. They are all incredibly far fetched and make little to no sense.

Trequarista10

What's naive? The whole Rico case is build on taped recorded conversation. Should we release them all on the basis that we didn't hear the whole story... it could have been role playing being mafia?

At what point would you admit that maybe... just maybe... Mason is a cnut. How hard is it to believe? Was that something to hard to believe considering his past misdemeanor in Sweden?

I believe in logic. If it walks talks acts and even recorded quaking you bet it's a duck.
I am so envious of you.

Your ability to see situations in purely black or white terms, without being distracted by shades of grey, black dots on a white canvas, or white stripes across a black background, is an absolute gift. It gives you such clarity and certainty whilst others are weighed down by the complexity of the vast array of conflicting or incomplete information, and the uncertainty and spectrum of possibilities this produces.

I am genuinely envious. You should treasure that gift, the blissfulness of ignorance. But please, keep it yourself, because displaying it publicly only makes people jealous.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Has this been confirmed that United have a longer version of the audio or is that just media speculation?
Arnold hasn't confirmed it, as far as I know.

Also, we have limited powers of investigation which meant we were reliant on third party cooperation
...we were unable to access certain evidence for reasons we respect...
Based on the above it seems reasonable to speculate that they don't have access to the full audio (but have been informed of its content by third parties, i.e. Greenwood himself and the alleged victim's family).

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I believe MG is likely a cnut.

You’re certain of it, there’s the difference again.
One can be certain of an incident. I never claim I knew the real Mason, I never claimed i knew the whole story that leads up to that particular incident, but I really don't need to.

If someone was caught stealing candy from a Minimart and caught on tape. There might be a follow up tape where he return to the store and says sorry it's just a prank, or returning the goods and paid for the candy, or maybe stealing candy for his hungry kids (pun intended), or maybe he's a Security guy trying to check the CCTV or whatever possibilities you can think off.

He is guilty of STEALING, which is based on that instances where he walk out of the building before paying.

And the burden of proof is now on him to proove his innocence, because the store has done theirs to provide a video tape of him stealing, he is no longer innocence before proven guilty.

We're not angels of death who has the divine eyes, so we can only judge what we see based on the available evidence.

And this is the principles of Law and Court. They don't decide whether you're a good guy or a bad guy, they simply decide that in the case of " Docket Number ####, on the case of ####" you're either guilty or not guilty. So deciding Mason Guilty on the basis of attempting rape (which we all heard the tape) is ok. Because that is not based on hearsay, false testimony, doctored evidence, etc. He himself has admitted that much. Should he deserve 2nd chance? Maybe? Is he a bad person? who cares. But did he did what he's accused off? Well until anyone come up with the other half of the tape, everyone can think he's guilty.

again, we're getting in circular.

I don't care what Richard Arnold or MU claim to see, show us or shut up. When a woman's reputation and a man's innocence is on the line, you can't hide behind Trust me bro. Show it or shut up.

I am so envious of you.

Your ability to see situations in purely black or white terms, without being distracted by shades of grey, black dots on a white canvas, or white stripes across a black background, is an absolute gift. It gives you such clarity and certainty whilst others are weighed down by the complexity of the vast array of conflicting or incomplete information, and the uncertainty and spectrum of possibilities this produces.

I am genuinely envious. You should treasure that gift, the blissfulness of ignorance. But please, keep it yourself, because displaying it publicly only makes people jealous.
I'm also envious of you who can see mud and claim it's donut or roleplay donut while singing koombayah

There's nothing complex about it.

I don't need moral divine ability to comprehen this

Tough luck Mason

This what the caf taught me. NO IS A NO

Last edited:

TsuWave

There have clearly been consequences to this.

A substantial amount of people seem to think “prison” or “never playing football again” are the only valid things that can fall under “consequences”

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Not really. Have a look at what disclosure relates to and you will see the context of material to the CPS.

They are also under scrutiny for not seeking victimless prosecutions and people being killed.

Victimless prosecutions are more common now than they have ever been.
Most of those cases relate to non celebrities and barely get any press coverage.

Mainoldo

One can be certain of an incident. I never claim I knew the real Mason, I never claimed i knew the whole story that leads up to that particular incident, but I really don't need to.

If someone was caught stealing candy from a Minimart and caught on tape. There might be a follow up tape where he return to the store and says sorry it's just a prank, or returning the goods and paid for the candy, or maybe stealing candy for his hungry kids (pun intended), or maybe he's a Security guy trying to check the CCTV or whatever possibilities you can think off.

He is guilty of STEALING, which is based on that instances where he walk out of the building before paying.

And the burden of proof is now on him to proove his innocence, because the store has done theirs to provide a video tape of him stealing, he is no longer innocence before proven guilty.

We're not angels of death who has the divine eyes, so we can only judge what we see based on the available evidence.

And this is the principles of Law and Court. They don't decide whether you're a good guy or a bad guy, they simply decide that in the case of " Docket Number ####, on the case of ####" you're either guilty or not guilty. So deciding Mason Guilty on the basis of attempting rape (which we all heard the tape) is ok. Because that is not based on hearsay, false testimony, doctored evidence, etc. He himself has admitted that much. Should he deserve 2nd chance? Maybe? Is he a bad person? who cares. But did he did what he's accused off? Well until anyone come up with the other half of the tape, everyone can think he's guilty.

I don't care what Richard Arnold or MU claim to see, show us or shut up. When a woman's reputation and a man's innocence is on the line, you can't hide behind Trust me bro. Show it or shut up.

I'm also envious of you who can see mud and claim it's donut or roleplay donut while singing koombayah

Tough luck Mason

Talk about thoughtless opinions. Have you ever been accused of rape? Know anyone who has or been sentenced of doing so?

To assume the world is filled with women getting raped and just building happy families having audio been exposed to the world is funny.

Do you think Greenwood is part of John Gotti’s MoB.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Arnold hasn't confirmed it, as far as I know.

Based on the above it seems reasonable to speculate that they don't have access to the full audio (but have been informed of its content by third parties, i.e. Greenwood himself and the alleged victim's family).
My own opinion, that’s exactly what’s happened. They’ve had a chat with the parents, and perhaps MG & his gf and taken them at their word

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Talk about thoughtless opinions. Have you ever been accused of rape? Know anyone who has or been sentenced of doing so?

To assume the world is filled with women getting raped and just building happy families having audio been exposed to the world is funny.

Do you think Greenwood is part of John Gotti’s MoB.
Look. They're together now. The tape must have been roleplay. The blood is Halloween party. All is forgiven. Poor Mason, let him play football. We could use a striker. He's innocence

Oh while we're at it. You know that domestic violence means violence that happens in a domestic relationship dont you? Just because one is technically married doesnt mean it cant happen to them.

This is my last reply to you cause i dont think i can be arsed anymore. If you want to think he's innocence i dont give an apple about it. It's your stance. Matters not to me

And I'm even surprised you think John Gotti really is the bad guy. I mean all they got is tape recorder right?

Redivy

No one who enjoys watching the premier league has any moral high ground to stand on.

Look at the backgrounds of the owners of the clubs you support, and how they accumulated their wealth, or the sponsors who fund your teams. Look at the regimes they’ve donated to in their countries who have gone on to commit genocides around the globe.

There’s no problem if you think Mason Greenwood is an abuser, but some will tear down one, and cheer the other.

Todd

If there hasn't been a verdict, then by definition, he is innocent. The fact that you adopt a 'we don't really know' approach is precisely why doubt should favor him, especially when the police didn't believe the evidence was sufficient to bring charges.

This is the core of the discussion regarding Greenwood's return, so you must address this.

But yes, it is possible to be guilty without being convicted. However, it is essential to note that knowledge of whether a person is guilty is crucial for a verdict. If a murder cannot be solved due to a lack of concrete 'knowledge,' you can claim that the person is guilty, but it is not based on objective findings.

Legally, Greenwood is innocent! Alternatively, we can each individually speculate on what he may have done, attributing guilt for actions that would even differ if you asked 10 different people. Therefore, it's not as you emphasize. Your argument does not hold.
If I go across the street and punch my neighbor in the head, and he presses charges, it doesn't mean that I'm 'innocent' until the law decides the case. It just means that I've yet to be proven guilty. And, more importantly, if the neighbor eventually decides that the hassle of dealing with the process isn't worthwhile, or finds it in his heart to forgive me and decides he doesn't want to pursue punishment for me, it doesn't make me innocent. What it means is that I've gotten away with a crime.

Really, unless you want to make the claim that it isn't Greenwood on the recording, or that they were role-playing and simply never bothered to let everyone know that it was role-playing, I don't see a reasonable explanation for what we heard outside of the obvious. Maybe you can enlighten me.

jasT1981

Greenwood’s case can be one of redemption and be an example to young people that one can change and be an exemplary member of society.
Redemption would mean he accepted what he did was wrong, and wants to redeem himself. This is just an entitled spoilt brat who got away with it without consiquence..

Mainoldo

Look. They're together now. The tape must have been roleplay. The blood is Halloween party. All is forgiven. Poor Mason, let him play football. We could use a striker. He's innocence

Oh while we're at it. You know that domestic violence means violence that happens in a domestic relationship dont you? Just because one is technically married doesnt mean it cant happen to them.

This is my last reply to you cause i dont think i can be arsed anymore. If you want to think he's innocence i dont give an apple about it. It's your stance. Matters not to me

And I'm even surprised you think John Gotti really is the bad guy. I mean all they got is tape recorder right?
Just acknowledging the dramatisation of what we might be potentially dealing with.

I didn’t say he was innocent or guilty. End of the day it’s felt with and it is what it is. John Terry is allowed to walk the streets freely and be in football so why can’t Mason.

Todd

No one who enjoys watching the premier league has any moral high ground to stand on.

Look at the backgrounds of the owners of the clubs you support, and how they accumulated their wealth, or the sponsors who fund your teams. Look at the regimes they’ve donated to in their countries who have gone on to commit genocides around the globe.

There’s no problem if you think Mason Greenwood is an abuser, but some will tear down one, and cheer the other.
I mean, you're not wrong, but if you want to look at things that way, there's next to nothing in the world that any of us could enjoy. No ethical consumption under capitalism, and all that.

Insofar as we're all stuck on this spinning rock, and pretty much at the mercy of living in a society where the ultra rich and powerful exploit the world, we can at least try to enjoy some stuff without dwelling on how that stuff is tied to cruelty, and acknowledge that guys like Greenwood who rape women are a little bit worse than guys like Rashford who try to feed a nation of children?

greater wall

Just acknowledging the dramatisation of what we might be potentially dealing with.

I didn’t say he was innocent or guilty. End of the day it’s felt with and it is what it is. John Terry is allowed to walk the streets freely and be in football so why can’t Mason.
Look up Thomas Partey as well for sex allegations. He was fouling Jonny Evans for Arsenals second goal. His allegations are worse if anything. Seems to be able to play in this country without celebrities threatening to stop supporting the club.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Look up Thomas Partey as well for sex allegations. He was fouling Jonny Evans for Arsenals second goal. His allegations are worse if anything. Seems to be able to play in this country without celebrities threatening to stop supporting the club.
In Partay's case, there were apparently multiple people involved as well. Strange that his case appears to be so under the radar compared to this one. Haven't seen much in the way of protests among Arsenal fan sites/forums/socials/podcasts either..

Woziak

If I go across the street and punch my neighbor in the head, and he presses charges, it doesn't mean that I'm 'innocent' until the law decides the case. It just means that I've yet to be proven guilty. And, more importantly, if the neighbor eventually decides that the hassle of dealing with the process isn't worthwhile, or finds it in his heart to forgive me and decides he doesn't want to pursue punishment for me, it doesn't make me innocent. What it means is that I've gotten away with a crime.

Really, unless you want to make the claim that it isn't Greenwood on the recording, or that they were role-playing and simply never bothered to let everyone know that it was role-playing, I don't see a reasonable explanation for what we heard outside of the obvious. Maybe you can enlighten me.
Most level headed united fans completely agree with your prognosis of this, my issue is why did our useless CEO say that there was more on the tape and it would be taking in a different context if we all heard all of the 5 minute tape but of course we never will the only way out of this for Mason if he ever wants to play in the Uk again is if the same trial by social media is allowed to hear evidence that may or may not show him in a different context, his wife and mother of his child also needs to be protected and this may be why this never ever comes to light.

Mason unfortunately has form, Iceland with a England was not a one off but their relationship was rocky at best and we do not and will never know the full story, let’s be straight here most of us don’t want to know the full story, we want our young players protected but also educated while they are at the club about social etiquette and more importantly how to treat a woman like she is your sister or your mother, wealth does not guarantee entitlement but any united fan will know these young lads are targeted by hangers on who try and arrange convenient meetings with girls, this needs to stop. The club needs to know what’s happening in their private lives as well, Fergie did and once turned up a party with Giggs and Sharpe and kicked the girls out.

The club must have a Personal HR department that can start to help with this issue, We have one player, potentially our best on loan, never to return, another appearing on Brazilian TV vehemently defending himself and the third right winger who we spent £350k per week on spitting his dummy out bevause he’s not being picked but may suffer from mental health issues. That’s £600k per week for three international class right wingers and none of them for various reasons are able to play for the club.

This is a CEO issue, not fit for purpose, no real experience of running an elite football club. The Glazers are hands off owners, they like their CEO to take all responsibility and we’ve got Arnold who is clearly out of his depth!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Tough luck Mason

The transcript makes it all the more surreal.
How can any fan read that and feel “yeah there has to be a good reason for why he said all this, let’s give him another chance for redemption”.

I don’t care if his partner has forgiven him, imagine if those words he said was uttered to your partner or daughter.

mu4c_20le

Just an fyi, the prosecution does not always need a witness or victim participation in order to pursue charges. The recording alone was clearly not enough evidence to convict him. Feels like you are attempting to hold your own court and be the judge here.

Todd

Just an fyi, the prosecution does not always need a witness or victim participation in order to pursue charges. The recording alone was clearly not enough evidence to convict him. Feels like you are attempting to hold your own court and be the judge here.
What I'm doing is making a reasonable deduction from the information presented to the public by the victim. I'm also asking for anybody reading this to offer a reasonable explanation for what the victim presented to the public.

She made an Instagram post with pictures and an audio recording, and attributed what was seen and heard to Mason Greenwood, correct? She did so of her own accord, with a full appreciation for what such allegations would do to Greenwood's public image and career, correct?

Have either of them claimed it was role playing? Have either of them claimed it wasn't them on the audio? Have either of them claimed that someone hacked her account and posted fake audio, fake pictures, etc?

If you can offer a reasonable explanation for what we saw and heard from the victim herself, I'm all ears. Nobody seems to be able to do so, however, and I think we all know why that is.

mu4c_20le

What I'm doing is making a reasonable deduction from the information presented to the public by the victim. I'm also asking for anybody reading this to offer a reasonable explanation for what the victim presented to the public.

She made an Instagram post with pictures and an audio recording, and attributed what was seen and heard to Mason Greenwood, correct? She did so of her own accord, with a full appreciation for what such allegations would do to Greenwood's public image and career, correct?

Have either of them claimed it was role playing? Have either of them claimed it wasn't them on the audio? Have either of them claimed that someone hacked her account and posted fake audio, fake pictures, etc?

If you can offer a reasonable explanation for what we saw and heard from the victim herself, I'm all ears. Nobody seems to be able to do so, however, and I think we all know why that is.
That part is hard to say, we may never know her motivations that day, or her state of mind. Personally Im pretty certain she never intended for things to get this far, she didn't report him to the police. So in my opinion, she wanted to punish him somehow, but not to the point of losing his job or going to jail. From what I've heard in another board, they used to live a pretty wild lifestyle and probably shared crazy things on whatsapp all the time. She probably had no idea of the consequences for posting the video.

dazjoe

Would if the people who think Mason isn't too bad, there's still redemption for him, he just needs to learn from this experience blah blah blah, would feel the same if he had come through the Liverpool ranks and played for Liverpool instead of Man United? And if not, why not?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

We don’t know if correct.

Her Dad immediately suggested that her phone had been hacked. It would be very odd for him to just randomly come out with that - he’s a well off, intelligent, successful guy, he doesn’t need Greenwood’s money as some have crassly suggested.

We really know so little about the whole thing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We don’t know if correct.

Her Dad immediately suggested that her phone had been hacked. It would be very odd for him to just randomly come out with that - he’s a well off, intelligent, successful guy, he doesn’t need Greenwood’s money as some have crassly suggested.

We really know so little about the whole thing.
Hadn’t read that before. Got a link ?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hadn’t read that before. Got a link ?
Hey Raoul, he said it directly to the mail when the issue first kicked off and I remember it clearly at the time.

I can’t find the article now as it’s quite old but here’s a Twitter link with the whole quote of what he said in the article. He explicitly says that she actually told him that her phone had been hacked…

Raoul

Admin
Staff
https://thesportsgrail.com/its-out-...es-of-her-being-assaulted-by-mason-greenwood/

Apparently it's from an interview with daily mail. Can't find the original Daily Mail article, however.
Link didn’t work for me

Hey Raoul, he said it directly to the mail when the issue first kicked off and I remember it clearly at the time.

I can’t find the article now as it’s quite old but here’s a Twitter link with the whole quote of what he said in the article. He explicitly says that she actually told him that her phone had been hacked…

Thanks.

Last edited:

Duafc

Village Lemon
Yeah, we definitely know so little;

We know she felt she had to record private interactions, we can hear completely obvious, black and white, abuse. We know she, or indeed a hacker because it was maybe said once but not by her or Mason or ever mentioned again, posted images of injuries literally stating this is what Mason does to me. We know she then completed an ABE interview with police regarding the abuses, leading to him being charged, whilst on bail we know he broke his conditions and saw/impregnated the person the court said he under no circumstances should be in contact with and we know she withdrew her support for the investigation which coupled with 'new material' led the CPS to conclude a prosection was unlikely.

It's just nowhere near enough to fairly hold any opinions, whatsoever.

So little;

The continued attempts to shut down any dialogue around the actual images, the actual recording and the actual likelihood of MG having behaved in the way that is simply most likely continues to be hilarious, it's mildly more tolerable that the minimizing/excusing/denying of the behaviour, at least.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Thanks. The whole situation is so strange. I really don't know what to make of it all. The wording of the statement raises some questions too: "We told her to take [the post] down".

Ted Lasso

I don't need moral divine ability to comprehend this

Tough luck Mason

I wrote out that transcript not long ago because it seemed many hadn't heard the audio. Not one single reply or comment on it. And here you continue to have posters saying he might be a bad guy. It's willfully turning a blind eye to atrocious behavior and being and some cases worse yet saying it was the girls fetish. People will go to any length here to back evil because it is homegrown generational football talent.

There are so many convicted abusers back in the spotlight their crimes forgotten. It's what the club and the girls parents hope too so they can get a nice payday as parents of a wag/grandparents to a top footballer. Never in a million years would I sell my children out for money like this. Abhorrent.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thanks. The whole situation is so strange. I really don't know what to make of it all. The wording of the statement raises some questions too: "We told her to take [the post] down".
Very strange indeed. The reaction of the family and the conclusions of the United internal investigation in particular are suggestive that there may be some behind the scenes complexities that may contradict the material on Twitter.

Last edited:

OleGunnar20

The transcript makes it all the more surreal.
How can any fan read that and feel “yeah there has to be a good reason for why he said all this, let’s give him another chance for redemption”.

I don’t care if his partner has forgiven him, imagine if those words he said was uttered to your partner or daughter.
100%.

MG and any club he plays for will never have my support. Of course the opinion of one fan means nothing to him or the clubs involved at the end of the day. But that's all we've got as individuals really.

I don't know any details about the Partey or Bissouma cases, but if the evidence was of a similar level to this I'd say exactly the same about them too.

Football is dirty from top to bottom, but we still love it for so many reasons. It's up to the individual where they draw their lines and how much mental capacity they can spend on researching all this shite.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Absolutely not, the mere fact that Arnold has put his entire career on the line by mentioning a longer tape makes me think I likely don’t know everything about this tape and this story, but hey, you keep repeating that.

We all know hostage syndrome, hell my mum stayed with my old fella until us kids started high school, because she felt trapped, despite domestic abuse, mental abuse, affairs, so I’m in a very decent position to know why some partners remain in abusive relationships.

It’s just that in your certainty, we’d have to believe that for example Arnold has lied and put his entire career on the line (in the event the full tape becomes available and is damning), that seems beyond far fetched. We’d also have to believe her family has given full blessing to someone who horrendously abuses their daughter.

Or, these things can instead lead us to question our certainty in the matter? Nothing more, not declaring him innocent, or not-guilty, or a nice guy, or someone even worthy of playing for Manchester United again. Just a simple matter of humbly admitting that we simply can’t begin to know the full story of those events and the subsequent events thereafter.
Great post.

TsuWave

Yeah, we definitely know so little;

We know she felt she had to record private interactions, we can hear completely obvious, black and white, abuse. We know she, or indeed a hacker because it was maybe said once but not by her or Mason or ever mentioned again, posted images of injuries literally stating this is what Mason does to me. We know she then completed an ABE interview with police regarding the abuses, leading to him being charged, whilst on bail we know he broke his conditions and saw/impregnated the person the court said he under no circumstances should be in contact with and we know she withdrew her support for the investigation which coupled with 'new material' led the CPS to conclude a prosection was unlikely.

It's just nowhere near enough to fairly hold any opinions, whatsoever.

So little;

The continued attempts to shut down any dialogue around the actual images, the actual recording and the actual likelihood of MG having behaved in the way that is simply most likely continues to be hilarious, it's mildly more tolerable that the minimizing/excusing/denying of the behaviour, at least.
you/we really don't know much.

your post starts with an assumption that she felt the had to record private interactions - the implication being clear - when 1. you don't know how the recording came about - young people record everything these days. tik tok and ig live feeds are proof of it. I mean the "daddy dick" video was also a private interaction that was recorded and uploaded to the internet, no?

we know that they were in contact, but as far as I'm aware - we don't know who initiated said contact and how.