Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It’s really good news that Manchester United now has an elite detective agency within its walls, and they didn’t need to rely on the actual police investigation. I can’t wait to see what other crimes MU Private Eye sets about investigating.
I'm sure they did... why do you assume they wouldn't have done so?

Red 142

Anybody who's looking for additional evidence that Greenwood is innocent now know that it's just "trust me bro" from United
"We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online."

The alternative explanations will have surely come from Greenwood's girlfriend, otherwise it seems unlikely both the CPS and United would have completely believed it.

What the alternative explanations are will probably be leaked to the press as well eventually.

why do you think it was recorded in the first place, probably the first time he did this right?
Amber Heard recorded Depp while trying to frame him. Just saying.

davidmichael

Reality is that this was always the expected outcome, the club have had to let the most talented academy player since Giggs and Scholes go whilst Greenwood has likely lost his career as I just don’t see anyone else taking him on now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's all as clear as mud.
The internal investigation leaves Richard Arnold to conclude that Greenwood didn't commit the acts he was accused of.
Greenwood then reiterates that he didn't commit the acts he was accused of.
They suggest that all is not as it seems with the Audio & Photos, but that Greenwood has "made mistakes"

Well what the heck does that mean?
He shouldn't have got in the situation in the first place, and he should not have breached the terms of his bail. Yes he made mistakes.

Giggsy13

There is obviously more to this story than what little information we have. I don’t get why people continue to insist that what they know is correct when it’s obvious there is more to this.
Social media culture and a generation that has been coddled to believe everything they say or believe is superior and no one else is entitled to an opinion.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
"Well fecking done internet justice league. You achieved it. You must be fecking proud with yourselves. I wish you go to hell.
I can not support a club that has such fans. I hope you all go to hell."

Is this the most vile post ever on Caf? Bloody hell:confused:
Likely some mouth breathing idiot, sat somewhere spouting bile on 4chan.

Hackman2210

The police and legal teams don't start building and preparing cases if someone doesn't make a credible allegation. Credible in the fact he was arrested and questioned and charged with a crime, and it was referred to the CPS etc.

The fact this process of a case being prepared against him then collapsed AND THE REASON GIVEN BY ALL PARTIES WAS that the victim changed their mind, I'd say that's evidence she changed her mind.
That statement is bollox. See Caroline flack. The police are no indicator of guilt or lack of.

They bow to public pressure like anyone else.

Member 125288

That’s not correct.
Indeed. You see, another good example of the problem with trials by media - people make stuff up and it snowballs.

He was neither accused of, or charged with, rape - it was attempted rape. But people don’t seem to care for facts anymore, as soon as an emotive subject comes up (with the added potential for lots of virtue signalling) any semblance of critical thinking goes straight out of the window.

TheGame

Another wannabe looking for their 2 min fame on this issue. CPS dropped the case because of new evidence and one witness changing their story. Thats as close as you can get to being exonerated.

Otherwise whats the bloody point of a legal system. Him being a lawyer should know that otherwise should leave law and practice online mob justice group
Lawyer v poster on redcafe, hmmm who would you take the opinion of?

DickDastardly

Why would his personal sexual desires of being a “****” bother you? This thread is so weird.
It wouldn't, why would it.
I was making the comparison in that their bedroom personal crap should stay personal and that we "the public" don't have to know everything.

And before another one accuses me of anything,well yes, maybe the police and the judiciary system is aware of all that.
That it was something kinky and not something criminal.

Why the hell would they drop all the charges?

I mean, in the lack of knowledge, it makes sense to me.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
There's a clear pattern of behaviour with him. Why are there so many apologists, when it's as clear as day that hes an absolute weapon?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The police and legal teams don't start building and preparing cases if someone doesn't make a credible allegation. Credible in the fact he was arrested and questioned and charged with a crime, and it was referred to the CPS etc.

The fact this process of a case being prepared against him then collapsed AND THE REASON GIVEN BY ALL PARTIES WAS that the victim changed their mind, I'd say that's evidence she changed her mind.
" : “In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case. '

From the horse's mouth

I don't see 'victim changed her mind; anywhere in their official statement. I see instead 2 things: 1. withdrawal of key witnesses ( no one but they have an idea who those are) 2. new material ( possibly exculpatory, which again is speculation) evidence.

Suffice to say I don't believe you have any such evidence beyond mere speculation

Cpt Negative

Reality is that this was always the expected outcome, the club have had to let the most talented academy player since Giggs and Scholes go whilst Greenwood has likely lost his career as I just don’t see anyone else taking him on now.
He’ll find a club abroad who won’t give a shit about what’s happened.

Baxquux

Another wannabe looking for their 2 min fame on this issue. CPS dropped the case because of new evidence and one witness changing their story. Thats as close as you can get to being exonerated.

Otherwise whats the bloody point of a legal system. Him being a lawyer should know that otherwise should leave law and practice online mob justice group
This, he sounds the least competent lawyer since Barry Zuckerkorn or William Hurt's character in Body Heat. I'd be embarrassed to put out this kind of tweet. At least the rest of the hooting twitter poster-class and commenters here acting as though MG had been cleared on a technicality and the passage of events had been proven beyond reasonable doubt (because that's what it would require for any of their statements about 'moral' duty or assertions about 'what happened' to make any sense) invariably don't have any legal training. The more worrying thing they don't even seem to have GCSE-level media analysis (or reading comp, in some cases) either...

AFC NimbleThumb

What? That was just the other day and I replied to you then as well. Not sure what you mean by that. In terms of the accusations, I'm literally referring to this from the post I quoted:

"The fact people are acting like their sense of responsibility ends at him leaving United says all we need to know about what peoples real motivations are here. He’s still with the same GF this all centres around, but ah well we can tell rival fans we stood for something. . ."
I’m confused why you’ve quoted this. I agree I’ve made the point before. I’m saying many people reiterate things on forums. Anyway, back to the rest of the post. Strange you’d cut those parts over others. . .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Indeed. You see, another good example of the problem with trials by media - people make stuff up and it snowballs.

He was neither accused of, or charged with, rape - it was attempted rape. But people don’t seem to care for facts any more, as soon as an emotive subjected comes up (with the added potential for lots of virtue signalling) and any semblance of critical thinking goes straight out of the window.
He’s been branded a rapist without any evidence and many people are happy to accept this as fact and that honestly makes me uncomfortable.

Thiagoal

You can’t genuinely believe that! He’ll be snapped up by a top Spanish or Italian team in the next few days

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have no problem with Giggs as a footballer, as I have no problem with Mason, Ronaldo or Best. I don’t know Giggs personally and could care less he’s a womanizing prick, I don’t look to him for guidance on morals and ethics. I watched him and other greats to be entertained. If football is your guiding light on things then I suggest a reset.
If all you're going to miss is a little entertainment and amusement then why contribute so much to thread? After all...it's only entertainment!

Howl

So why hasn't that come out and how does that still not end up with him having to leave, when it comes out she has lied?
Maybe they don't want people to know the weird stuff they do? But in all serious, no one will ever know what happened.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to move on. I really hope the fans stay away from the media and click bait shit on twitter or whatever it's called now.

Decision has been made.

sepulturite

Jesus reading through this thread has really shown what absolute scum we have here on the cafe. I've actually got to the point where I don't think I want to post on here any more knowing that some of ye have the opinions that you do. It's dispicable.

DickDastardly

And i guess her posting the audio, as well as in image of her bleeding from her mouth is all part of the role playing game?
They might have taken it too far?

I don't know, I'm not defending anyone, I was just replying to a poster saying "give me a reasonable scenario".

It's not like lovers haven't choked one another to death because of ones love of autassassinophilia.

Like i said, people do weird shit you wouldn't know.

M4YON

There is obviously more to this story than what little information we have. I don’t get why people continue to insist that what they know is correct when it’s obvious there is more to this.
Don't be ridiculous none of these people's opinions could possible be wrong.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
So according to their review he didn't do what he was accused off (rape and assault) but they are still kicking him out? That's a load of BS and it's a shame when it comes to supporting your players.

But then again, if he did not something wrong that they found out, say it and mention that's the reason you are firing him.

The whole situation is a mess because it seems they themselves seem conflicted.
Yeah, I thought this way as well. If you found out more information that supported his evidence, then why the hell are you letting him go? Because the social media mob bullied you into it? Spineless cowards. If he did it, then he should absolutely leave; but if there was additional unseen evidence that cleared his name as they are alluding to in the press release, then they should have stood up to the cancel culture lemmings. This club's management and ownership is such a complete shitshow whichever way you want to look at it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Maybe they don't want people to know the weird stuff they do? But in all serious, no one will ever know what happened.
I know that. But look at the question...If they were to say it, then she is guilty of lying about it and the whole shitstorm would be on her head.

Whichever way you look at it, one of them (or both now) is lying. And all roads lead to him having to leave in that situation, no?

Red 142

His next club (abroad) will be happy to get him for nothing.

He will come back to a top english club in a couple of years and most people will have no problem with that.
Man City ? Why not ?

1) Cheap on a free. Low on wages too.
2) Pep being pep. The cynical side of him just to spite or twat Man Utd. Imagine MG scoring a winner against Man Utd ? Can you imagine his smug look ?
3) I doubt the owners of Man City would a give shit on such issues. Not that their home country is any saint.
It's not yet been revealed how he'll be moved on. But Utd ideally need to sell him with an insterted hidden buyback clause/right of first refusal.

Otherwise the following will inevitably happen:

He'll get picked up by some Serie A club for peanuts.

They'll then sell him a year later to Newcastle/Chelsea/City for a multi-million profit, with zero feck's given. Him becoming a world beater at a rival club - while the press inevitably turn a blind eye because it's not Utd - would just compound the PR disaster for Utd.

Once the hysteria has died down and he's been abroad for a while, if he comes back to the PL it should be Utd doing it.