Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Has he left “Old Trafford” yet?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I have a question, doesn't Crafton himself know less than the club? yet he made gigantic statements?

Why is he milking this story now? The club made the right decision and decided to part ways with the player.
One word - clicks.

If he cares, inherently, about the issues he’s claiming to then the situation at Arsenal will surely be his next bone of contention and the target of his righteous scorn - indeed, it should already be - but I highly doubt that will occur.

If Fergie were about this guy would be reined right the feck in and the club would deal with its own business - whether that meant moving the lad on or keeping him.

Seeing this guy slapping the Utd CEO about - even after he’s got what he wanted by dominating them in the media is incredible and unprecedented, never seen anything like it.

Crafter is so keen on everyone being held accountable and moral - I just hope after Crafter’s finished moving Greenwood and his family out of Manchester he remains absolutely true to his ideals and turns his attentions to the other moral issues in the PL with the same amount of gusto.

And if not, I hope Crafter himself is held accountable for the lack of consistency. Whether you agree with his stance in Greenwood or not.

Do you support the club Man Utd or the journalist Adam Crafter?

gajender

One word - clicks.

If he cares, inherently, about the issues he’s claiming to then the situation at Arsenal will surely be his next bone of contention and the target of his righteous scorn - indeed, it should already be - but I highly doubt that will occur.

If Fergie were about this guy would be reined right the feck in and the club would deal with its own business - whether that meant moving the lad on or keeping him.

Seeing this guy slapping the Utd CEO about - even after he’s got what he wanted by dominating them in the media is incredible and unprecedented, never seen anything like it.

Crafter is so keen on everyone being held accountable and moral - I just hope after Crafter’s finished moving Greenwood and his family out of Manchester he remains absolutely true to his ideals and turns his attentions to the other moral issues in the PL with the same amount of gusto.

And if not, I hope Crafter himself is held accountable for the lack of consistency. Whether you agree with his stance in Greenwood or not.

I don't think anybody cares about him to be honest to actually Hold him accountable for what he may or may not do in future .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
See you in 15 mins :( what a waste of a post

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He could have it all back - his career, a place in the United squad, the respect and even sympathy of the public. I'd be the first to apologise.

All he has to do is offer any alternative explanation whatsoever: if that audio wasn't what it sounds like, what was it?

The fact that he has no other explanation surely means there isn't any.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Carfton is milking this. Just saw another article on telegraph how we are “under pressure” to donate the transfer fee we will get for Greenwood. And BBC running story that it will be surprising to see him move to Saudi considering the “advancement they have made in women’s right”.

Seems like English media is milking it and want to ruin him both home and abroad. They dont care that alleged victim is also in their crosshairs. Point scoring is more important it seems. All this for a person who isn’t convicted of any crime

The Firestarter

Carfton is milking this. Just saw another article on telegraph how we are “under pressure” to donate the transfer fee we will get for Greenwood. And BBC running story that it will be surprising to see him move to Saudi considering the “advancement they have made in women’s right”.

Seems like English media is milking it and want to ruin him both home and abroad. They dont care that alleged victim is also in their crosshairs. Point scoring is more important it seems. All this for a person who isn’t convicted of any crime
Advancements ;)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Can you blame them. Some of our fans dont care for the victims as long as their football club can retain their wonderboy.

Rhyme Animal

I don't think anybody cares about him to be honest to actually Hold him accountable for what he may or may not do in future .
Everybody should care about a journalist holding this much influence and power over Man Utd - whether they agree with him on this one issue or not.

If you took just solely Crafter’s journalism out of this equation the club would very likely have acted very differently, and you may disagree with that - but for a footy journo to be influencing 100m pound decisions a club is making and dictating policy to them is insane.

Everyone should care about Crafter after this - it has made him World famous and is an unprecedented situation.

saivet

I disagree. Other English clubs don't get a fraction of the scrutiny United get because nobody cares about them and everyone who isn't a United fan despises us. I reckon he'll end up at Newcastle and it will be crickets from the shameless media (who'll probably get Saudi hush money).
I think that statement is far from the truth. Look at Ched Evans and Goodwillie. Two players without a top profile and not in the PL.

Oranges038

I have a question, doesn't Crafton himself know less than the club? yet he made gigantic statements?

Why is he milking this story now? The club made the right decision and decided to part ways with the player.
Attention, clicks and subscribers to that over hyped shitpiece the athletic.

He got what he wanted and he still can't let it go without a moan. The club made the decision they wanted, but they weren't prepared for that.

So instead of saying yes, we agree with that. They are now going with the negative angle towards the process of how the decision was made and how they should donate any transfer fee to charity etc. It's ridiculous and is designed to put the club in a negative spin no matter what they do.

yamo123x

The Athletic clearly have contacts who leak them club information, but I forget the last time i saw them print anything positive about the club, they just seem to leak negative BS or stuff to wind the fans up and use the club for clicks.

#unsubscribed

Todd

He could have it all back - his career, a place in the United squad, the respect and even sympathy of the public. I'd be the first to apologise.

All he has to do is offer any alternative explanation whatsoever: if that audio wasn't what it sounds like, what was it?

The fact that he has no other explanation surely means there isn't any.
One also must consider that the audio recordings surely only depict a fraction of the abuse that she was dealing with.

Women don't just start recording their partners out of the blue, hoping that they'll catch them in the act of being cruel for the first time ever. This surely happened many times and it probably took her a while to work up the courage to record him. And she was probably scared of what would happen to her if she got caught recording him.

There's really no defending this man or feeling bad for him. The people claiming that everyone deserves a second chance don't seem to realize that his second chance is the fact that he gets to live his life outside of prison, where he probably should be.

gajender

Everybody should care about a journalist holding this much influence and power over Man Utd - whether they agree with him on this one issue or not.

If you took just solely Crafter’s journalism out of this equation the club would very likely have acted very differently, and you may disagree with that - but for a footy journo to be influencing 100m pound decisions a club is making and dictating policy to them is insane.

Everyone should care about Crafter after this - it has made him World famous and is an unprecedented situation.
It actually says more about United's management lack of foresight and backbone than Crafton influence to be honest , If they had any conviction about their decision they should have stuck it out and gotten hold of the narrative .

JB7

One word - clicks.

He can't start going after Arsenal while there is no official reason for him to do so. Greenwood was a different matter, his name was out there from day 1, as was the evidence being relied upon for the police to initially charge him with the crimes. We all know of the allegations towards a London-based-footballer, but that is all there is, allegations, the player is known to have been co-operating with investigations but has not been charged. And due to that, the player is still titled to anonymity, meaning that the journalists cannot start hounding a particular player or a particular club while there is no official story to answer because they would very quickly be on the wrong side of the law themselves.

I don't follow this particular journalist but the reality is he has done an excellent piece of investigative journalism and presented his findings to the football club for comment before publishing the story, at which point United made that statement last week. And frankly it's not a case of a journalist getting "what he wanted", it's a case of Manchester United doing the right thing only after a supporter backlash when what they intended to do was made public. It is only right that Richard Arnold's position come into question, he has put his name to the decision very publicly and also provided a statement yesterday which crossed a number of lines that it is very surprising that the clubs lawyers didn't block. And in fairness to Crafton, from what I have seen of his work previously he does pay attention to various moral issues throughout the Premier League and he does write about them with a similar level of "gusto", you probably just don't see them because they aren't about Manchester United, which is more than fair.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
One also must consider that the audio recordings surely only depict a fraction of the abuse that she was dealing with.

Women don't just start recording their partners out of the blue, hoping that they'll catch them in the act of being cruel for the first time ever. This surely happened many times and it probably took her a while to work up the courage to record him. And she was probably scared of what would happen to her if she got caught recording him.

There's really no defending this man or feeling bad for him. The people claiming that everyone deserves a second chance don't seem to realize that his second chance is the fact that he gets to live his life outside of prison, where he probably should be.
The people talking about second chances often also go very shy when asked to specify what the first chance was.

saivet

One word - clicks.

Legally he can't say anything, hence why there has been zero reporting on that, from The Athletic or any other media outlet.

If you put the dots together the police ruled out any charges being possible due to a legal technicality. There's then the issue of NDA's being signed.

glasgow 21

Can you blame them. Some of our fans dont care for the victims as long as their football club can retain their wonderboy.
Nonsense, you claim anyone who has a 1% swing towards Greenwood is pro violence to women which is total clap trap. The victim in this case is still with the so called guilty party. Surely the end game must be to physically separate both of them into internment camp for re-education and take the baby into care. Time to put this to bed and move on to Maguire who actually has been found guilty of a crime.

sugar_kane

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/22/mason-greenwood-manchester-united-duty-of-care

You know you screwed up really bad when you're not a Tory MP but still have Marina Hyde unleashed at you. Bloody good read too. Comparing Arnolds statement to cousin Greg in Succession is priceless.
You also had Barney Ronay of the same publication chastising the club for it's 'lack of moral leadership' it's fecking nuts.

We're a football club and a business. Of course we're going to look out for ourselves, why do we need to act as 'moral leaders'? We've already booted the alleged perpetrator out of our club following our own investigation, it ends there surely?

The Telegraph managed to cobble together a bunch of rent a quotes saying we should donate any fee we make on him to charity. Again insane.

The club has already seen tens of millions wiped off their asset which they've invested years into due to his behaviour, why should they voluntarily lose tens of millions more?

Yeah the club bumbled the investigation but they made the right decision in the end, why do they need dragging through the mud further?

I honestly think some of these journos are disappointed that they didn't get to write the articles they really wanted, which were going ballistic at the club for bringing MG back into the first team.

Andersons Dietician

If he didn't do it. Then least wouldn't the victim want to clear his name? It doesn't add up.
Because depending on what it is then she could end up in jail.

Supposedly the full length audio in context paints a different picture, supposedly he had ended the relationship that evening when the items were released in which she says she was then hacked and didn’t release them herself.

Then something about her mum and dad giving glowing endorsements for Mason so really who knows what the hell has actually gone on. The club however found themselves in a no win situation and went the path of least resistance.
Who can really blame them as they have a brand to protect and him being at the club would have constantly been a distraction.

Last edited:

ravi2

They have a kid now. Nobody is talking about that or cares. Man's a 21 year old... It doesn't matter to anyone. All that counts is that we heard a recording, not completely. We heard a recording and therefore his career should be over.
These types of stupid contrarian posts are getting tiresome

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Nonsense, you claim anyone who has a 1% swing towards Greenwood is pro violence to women which is total clap trap. The victim in this case is still with the so called guilty party. Surely the end game must be to physically separate both of them into internment camp for re-education and take the baby into care. Time to put this to bed and move on to Maguire who actually has been found guilty of a crime.
Not that you'd indulge in hyperbole or anything, though.

klsv

We finally found the abuser in this whole incident: The Athletic.
Yeah, them and Crafton only care about clicks and money. Arnold and Greenwood on the other hand care about United. Glad we have such sincere people on our payroll.

Rhyme Animal

Out of genuine interest (I genuinely don’t know) how much attention do the Athletic give to the City’s scandalous 155 charges? Something that they’re free to cover and that people are certainly very interested in.

If it’s ‘zero attention’, given the kicking they’ve given Utd recently, and coupled with the fact they’re very pro Ratcliffe, I actually wonder if they’re another entity that’s been paid up by City’s owners.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Crafton hate just seems like displacement to me.

Trying to paint him as a hypocrite or victimise United for being one of the biggest clubs on the planet and therefore shockingly a subject of some interest to journos and their subscribers seems pretty unaware.

Unless of course you think United have acted really well and done a great job of the whole thing and Crafton single handedly reversed their decision

And even if you believe that's true it says so so so much more about the club than the coverage.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Out of genuine interest (I genuinely don’t know) how much attention do the Athletic give to the City’s scandalous 155 charges? Something that they’re free to cover and that people are certainly very interested in.

If it’s ‘zero attention’, given the kicking they’ve given Utd recently, and coupled with the fact they’re very pro Ratcliffe, I actually wonder if they’re another entity that’s been paid up by City’s owners.
Would take five seconds to Google 'The Athletic 115 charges'

Bebe

Just let the journos on Twitter run the club at this rate. Regardless of your view on whether Greenwood should have played for United again, the far more concerning issue is that our club is (and has been for about 10 years) been run by people who outsource decision making to social media.

arnie_ni

Crafton hate just seems like displacement to me.

Trying to paint him as a hypocrite or victimise United for being one of the biggest clubs on the planet and therefore shockingly a subject of some interest to journos and their subscribers seems pretty unaware.

Unless of course you think United have acted really well and done a great job of the whole thing and Crafton single handedly reversed their decision

And even if you believe that's true it says so so so much more about the club than the coverage.
They need to blame someone - if it wasn't for Crafton and his journalism united would have announced greenwood is staying so its all his fault in their eyes.

I think he's done a fabulous job

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
They've posted multiple articles about it:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Just let the journos on Twitter run the club at this rate. Regardless of your view on whether Greenwood should have played for United again, the far more concerning issue is that our club is (and has been for about 10 years) been run by people who outsource decision making to social media.
Yeah, far more concerning that the allegations of attempted rape, coercions and assault.

But of course, it's "the mob" that made this decision. Well if it is, at least they were in the right!

They need to blame someone - if it wasn't for Crafton and his journalism united would have announced greenwood is staying so its all his fault in their eyes.

I think he's done a fabulous job
Me too. I'm glad someone prominent called the club out on their shit.

But as always, it's ABG time in here.

Laurencio

What influence? If anything changed the decision, and I'm not eniterly convinced that was the case, it would have been the numerous fans emailing the club their concerns, polls trending against his reintegration, sponsors having a quiet word, special interests making their protest heard and charities making statements that made an impact. Not whatever Crafton did.

In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if the club intended for plans of "reintegration" to be leaked. What better way to see how the public would react?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So what happens if we don’t get a buyer before the end of August? Is he still under contract until at least January or do we just terminate his contract completely?