Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Well you are making assumptions based on one sided evidence. 3 sides to a story. You have no clue what their private life is like but here you are. If he was convicted and sentenced, absolutely screw him. Unfortunately, he now has a family with his “accuser”. You don’t know what her intentions were when all this came out and you don’t know what he actually did. Hopefully he comes out with a statement at the end of the season but I doubt people like you care about the truth because we surely have no idea what that even is at this point.
All totally irrelevant. I don't want someone likechim associated with United.

And you wouldn't give a toss if he wasn't ok at kicking a ball.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
So according to you he’s always going to have this insatiable appetite for sexual violence (allegedly) whenever alone with a person from the opposite sex? The absolute state of your post :houllier:. You think a teenager must live with decisions they’ve made as a non fully developed human being, for the rest of their lives? No chance for reconciliation or rehabilitation.
No chance for repentance for their sins. Nope. My guess is you think CR7 would force his way onto any woman he was left alone with. I stole a candy bar when I was 14, can I not be trusted in a candy store alone decades later?
If you can't see the difference in scale between robbing a bar of chocolate, and sexual assault, then there is absolutely no point in talking to you.

Dempsey19

A question for the Greenwood outers/ those who are not sure.

Imagine he signed for a team like Barcelona this summer, and spent the next three seasons being one of the best in the world: being nominated for the balon d’or, 35+ goal interventions etc. then left them on a free transfer. No other criminal charges, was still with his child’s mother, kept his head down and seemed much more down to earth.

Would you take him back then?

Nope. Couldn't care less what he does once it's far away from United. He's a cnut and don't want him near the club.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I wouldn't personally take him back at any point myself, but I can also see why some may if he's demonstrated that he's genuinely rehabilitated (obviously tricky to know based solely on what the public would see but I can see why folks may).
Yeah, that's fair.

If he did what some have talked about - some kind of grand interview where he actually explains himself, sure.

I'm not against second chances, in fact I'm a great believer in 'em.

As we all know, though, he's said feck all so far.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Question back. Would anyone want him anywhere near us if he wasn't good at football?
Not sure why this argument keeps being made as if it were some profound revelation. Why would anyone want a shit footballer to play for us?

It's B Rubble

If you can't see the difference in scale between robbing a bar of chocolate, and sexual assault, then there is absolutely no point in talking to you.
The fact that that’s all you gathered from that post is chuckling. And No one was talking to you so why respond in the first place then? ;)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he was some average youngster everyone would want him out of the club and wouldn't be talking about second chances and all this nonsense.

Hes not even that good anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he was some average youngster everyone would want him out of the club and wouldn't be talking about second chances and all this nonsense.

Correct, because he would be average at football and like all others in the same category, most fans wouldn't want them at United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Glad to see that at least half this forum realise there is more to life than football.

Well entitled to your opinions. I'm not sure why we can't view who's voted yes or no though - I don't believe in anonymity when it comes to a topic as important as this.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What could she say though? "those pics were fake"?
That's the issue isn't it. A statement saying what?

If a statement was made that it was all a big misunderstanding could you imagine the level of hate his partner would be subject to.

The opposite statement of admitting the fact, but that he's changed solves nothing either. It's why I believe there'll never be a statement and he'll be moved abroad in the summer for a cut price fee.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Need some kind of words from her to vote yes. So no vote from me.
This raises a good point.

For those who vote no, what would it take for you to change your vote to yes ? Specifically, what would any combination of Greenwood or any member of his immediate family have to do for you to accept him back at United ?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)

For those who vote no, what would it take for you to change your vote to yes ? Specifically, what would any combination of Greenwood or any member of his immediate family have to do for you to accept him back at United ?
I think we're past the point of no return on that tbh.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

At this point the “alleged” victim coming out / making a statement and saying;
  • The audio is fake
  • The images are fake
  • It’s all a big misunderstanding

Short of that I’m not really sure what else. I’ve heard the audio I’ve seen the images and I’ve seen no wider context that can conceivably contextualise it as anything other than attempted rape, coercive controlling behaviour and assault causing actual bodily harm.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That's the issue isn't it. A statement saying what?

If a statement was made that it was all a big misunderstanding could you imagine the level of hate his partner would be subject to.

The opposite statement of admitting the fact, but that he's changed solves nothing either. It's why I believe there'll never be a statement and he'll be moved abroad in the summer for a cut price fee.
"The pics were fake, the audio massively taken out of context. We stayed silent for so long due to following legal advice but we want to put this to bed once and for all and move on".

Blame the lawyers for the delay. Loads of people would accept that I think.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Correct, because he would be average at football and like all others in the same category, most fans wouldn't want them at United.
Opinions on what he did would be completely different.

RedNome

At this point the “alleged” victim coming out / making a statement and saying;
  • The audio is fake
  • The images are fake
  • It’s all a big misunderstanding

Short of that I’m not really sure what else. I’ve heard the audio I’ve seen the images and I’ve seen no wider context that can conceivably contextualise it as anything other than attempted raped, coercive controlling behaviour and assault causing actual bodily harm.
This, but it can't happen so it's over for him here imo.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This, but it can't happen so it's over for him here imo.
I think the fact it hasn’t happened or something similar hasn’t happened for me speaks volumes.

If she as the partner of Greenwood genuinely believed all this to be a huge misunderstanding with no ounce of truth etc then you can see them putting on a united front against this.

But pot kettle black here she’s a victim, deep down I think most know this and here we are.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Only if Mason's partner says that the whole story/images/video/audio was all legitimately faked.
For multiple reasons, that will never/can not happen.

What we have is the clear audio and the initial accusation from the partner of what he did. Being in the job I am, unfortunately I know many examples of people retracting statements - not based on that it was false, but because they love the person and feel they can change. I hope Mason has - but that doesn't mean we all can just simply forget what he is likely to have done behind closed doors.

So to answer the question - only the highly highly unlikely situation of the partner admitting false accusations and that she's a master of altering audio/videos/photos would lead me to change my view on Mason.

RedNome

I think the fact it hasn’t happened or something similar hasn’t happened for me speaks volumes.

If she as the partner of Greenwood genuinely believed all this to be a huge misunderstanding with no ounce of truth etc then you can see them putting on a united front against this.

But pot kettle black here she’s a victim, deep down I think most know this and here we are.
Exactly, which leads me to say that if that did happen and they came out calling it all fake I still don't think I'd be able to believe it with what we were presented with and the amount of time that has passed.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
"The pics were fake, the audio massively taken out of context. We stayed silent for so long due to following legal advice but we want to put this to bed once and for all and move on".

Blame the lawyers for the delay. Loads of people would accept that I think.
If she faked the images, then her integrity is in tatters. Even worse, it will unfortunately put a horrific taint on those who accuse others of sexual/domestic abuse and have actually experienced it.

RedNome

If she faked the images, then her integrity is in tatters. Even worse, it will unfortunately put a horrific taint on those who accuse others of sexual/domestic abuse and have actually experienced it.
Would that not also leave her open to repercussions from the law? Serious question I have no idea.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I mean we can guarantee at this point she didn’t.

But counterpoint were that the case why allow Greenwood to take the public stick if that was the case and more to the point why would Greenwood who would then be the victim in this scenario actively pursue her?

Makes no sense and so not a sensible line of inquiry.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You clearly don't understand how internal company investigations work - it's completely seperate to the criminal case with completely different levels for grounds for dismissal.

And the last bit is total speculation on your part and you won't be surprised to hear that I disagree completely - several reasons have been given for why that might not happen.
Out of curiosity, what would be your red line for not having him return ? As in, what is the specific piece of evidence or admission that would sway you in the opposite direction ?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What if someone else faked them?
Along with the video? Highly, highly improbable.

If someone else did fake them, it would have been an easy thing to prove that it was. Post the original photos of the partner without all the injuries.
She could have quite quickly called bullshit on the whole situation if they were fake - given it wouldn't have come from her no?

The more I think about the case, the more it bemuses me how anyone can think that what he did didn't happen.

Pickle85

Yeah, that's fair.

If he did what some have talked about - some kind of grand interview where he actually explains himself, sure.

I'm not against second chances, in fact I'm a great believer in 'em.

As we all know, though, he's said feck all so far.
Absolutely. It's a categorical 'no' from me too and would take an explanation that I don't think is either likely or true for me to switch on that.

Pickle85

I forget you had a chair in the corner of the room and watched everything go down while being a third wheel in their relationship and documenting every detail. I mean apparently I could’ve gone down the wrong path and stolen the Mona Lisa if I was ever alone with it. Ridiculous to you, reality for many.
This post makes no sense and doesn't address any of the points I raised. Your posts are honestly not worth my time so I'll pop you on ignore. Have a good one.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I mean we can guarantee at this point she didn’t.

But counterpoint were that the case why allow Greenwood to take the public stick if that was the case and more to the point why would Greenwood who would then be the victim in this scenario actively pursue her?

Makes no sense and so not a sensible line of inquiry.
Well, hypothetically, he might've forgiven her for faking the pictures and took the heat himself out of love :lol: Feckin unlikely of course

RedNome

I mean any attempt to explain the pics and audio (other than the obvious) is kinda bollocks at this point. People want him to be innocent so badly though, they'd toe that line.
Oh I agree, said as much further up, would be hard to believe anything at this point.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, there's that too.

And, like I've said before, it is more than possible that United (not least if we get some half competent management in) simply won't consider him worth the risk based on pure ability.

He isn't an absolutely unmissable player, is he?

Probably better than Antony ain't exactly a grand compliment.

RedNome

Well, there's that too.

And, like I've said before, it is more than possible that United (not least if we get some half competent management in) simply won't consider him worth the risk based on pure ability.

He isn't an absolutely unmissable player, is he?

Probably better than Antony ain't exactly a grand complement.
Yep, he'll soon be forgotten about once we fill his position with quality.