Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

sepulturite

If he was messi standard none of you would bat an eye lid. Where‘s all the hissing and boo’ing for golden boy Ronaldo after he an*lly r*ped that woman in Vegas and paid her 20m to shut up. No one gave 2 hoots. Plus apart from the audio from Greenwood nobody knows no other facts.
Bloody hell :houllier:

Fabio Rochemback

Many are simply starting from the viewpoint that they want Greenwood back because he kicks a ball well, and reverse engineering an opinion that facilitates this, to avoid the moral or ethical issues with doing so
This is what really gets me, almost more so than defending his behaviour. If these people would take the same stance about an ordinary person doing an ordinary boring job, then I have more respect for that, as there is at least a consistency there. That probably is the case with some of the people who want him back, but I can say with a fair degree of certainty that if Brandon Williams or some other subpar player were in this position, a lot of these same people would be saying how we can't have a scumbag like that at the club.

flameinthesun

It would be the same whatever thread it is, when he played shit the other day it was a ghost town in here, he has a good game and the same shit gets repeated.
It was more that the Barcelona game was played the same time as the Fulham game and seeing as we lost it makes sense this was quieter than usual.

matsdf

This is what really gets me, almost more so than defending his behaviour. If these people would take the same stance about an ordinary person doing an ordinary boring job, then I have more respect for that, as there is at least a consistency there. That probably is the case with some of the people who want him back, but I can say with a fair degree of certainty that if Brandon Williams or some other subpar player were in this position, a lot of these same people would be saying how we can't have a scumbag like that at the club.
But isn't this very normal? Let's take Michael Jackson for example. If he wasn't as great of an artist as he was, don't you think more people would have boycotted his music?

Gar&Nachos

This is what really gets me, almost more so than defending his behaviour. If these people would take the same stance about an ordinary person doing an ordinary boring job, then I have more respect for that, as there is at least a consistency there. That probably is the case with someone of the people who want him back, but I can say with a fair degree of certainty that if Brandon Williams or some other subpar player were in this position, a lot of the people defending Greenwood would be saying how we can't have a scumbag like that at the club.
I'm going to direct this at @Rood so I don't hurt or offend anyone.

I disagree.

You can always change character. You can grow up as a person. I literally had anger mood swings which would make me push my girlfriend against the wall and call my mum a whore. Whilst I never abused them, I used to break things out of my anger because all I have is an imbalance of serotonin which simply arises from me playing too many video games & looking at my phones light too much in the dark. People can change.

Some people just feel like angel's portraying someone who made a mistake as too bad for them or their **** now. They feel like better people not wanting Greenwood back - that's the primary reason they don't want him. Even his abusee gives him a second chance yet the fans act like they are the ones who got abused and don't want him back.

People are not clean sheets that never get dirty. Something as simply viewed as anger can arise from simple things like an unbalanced level of hormones, neurotransmitters, menstrual cycles and even lack of quality of sleep never mind like things like stress or expectations.

Just like dirty sheets they can be renewed & re-washed.

There are some faults that can't be forgiven, arguably like killing someone or even raping a complete randomer - but abusing his own partner who herself has forgiven him to the point that they get married is something I'm more forgiven too. Even to a non footballer.

People can change & should learn from mistakes.

Last edited:

Pickle85

If it’s wrong or definitely wrong then greenwood should have go to jail and the club shouldn’t take their time to release him. This shows how this world works differently than how you imagined and this is why I have the right to choose not to call it right or wrong.
Well, yes, agreed. He probably SHOULD have gone to jail. Do you believe that all crimes always go punished by the law? No guilty people exist on this earth except in prison or previously in prison?

Also, just so we're clear, can you confirm that the acknowledge that beating your wife/husband/girlfriend/partner is always morally wrong? Shouldn't really need asking but here we are...

Pickle85

If he was messi standard none of you would bat an eye lid. Where‘s all the hissing and boo’ing for golden boy Ronaldo after he an*lly r*ped that woman in Vegas and paid her 20m to shut up. No one gave 2 hoots. Plus apart from the audio from Greenwood nobody knows no other facts.
Wow, what a fresh, smart, nuanced take on this difficult topic. If only this point had been made earlier than page 341 maybe the whole thing could have been put to bed. Really glad you've shown how people shouldn't care about one crime if they were unaware of/didn't protest a different crime.

sepulturite

Wow, what a fresh, smart, nuanced take on this difficult topic. If only this point had been made earlier than page 341 maybe the whole thing could have been put to bed. Really glad you've shown how people shouldn't care about one crime if they were unaware of/didn't protest a different crime.
I think this poster and the one you replied to above have been banned thankfully. Whatever about differing opinions on this subject but posting the utter tripe that the likes of those two were posting, we're definitely better off without it.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How? If it's so clear, why couldn't the police meet the burden of proof without a key witness? If the audio recording alone is evidence for us here on Redcafe that he is guilty, why doesn't the police utilize the same audio recording in court despite the witness withdrawing?

Either we are therefore not in a position to call him anything other than what he is: innocent. If it had been as clear-cut as you make it sound, trust me, he would have been convicted regardless of witness testimony."
I don't "trust you" as you seem clueless as to how criminal domestic violence cases work.

Pickle85

I think this poster and the one you replied to above have been banned thankfully. Whatever about differing opinions on this subject but posting the utter tripe that the likes of those two were posting, we're definitely better off without it.
Ah ok, thanks! Responding felt kinda therapeutic anyways...it does feel like for every one that gets the hammer, three more pop up in their place!

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
This thread would be far less of a car crash if we just prevented newbies from posting in it, they seem to mostly be the ones stirring the pot with the same tired bullshit.

sepulturite

This thread would be far less of a car crash if we just prevented newbies from posting in it, they seem to mostly be the ones stirring the pot with the same tired bullshit.
I was actually thinking this the other day, would it not be better to have it in the general forum? Newbies can't post in there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It was more that the Barcelona game was played the same time as the Fulham game and seeing as we lost it makes sense this was quieter than usual.
I mean, people comment on his performance without actually watching the game all the time. It's because it wasn't a good one. If he scored against Barca, you don't think people would be calling for him back in here?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I disagree.

You can always change character. You can grow up as a person. I literally had anger mood swings which would make me push my girlfriend against the wall and call my mum a whore. Whilst I never abused them, I used to break things out of my anger because all I have is an imbalance of serotonin which simply arises from me playing too many video games & looking at my phones light too much in the dark. People can change.

Some people just feel like angel's portraying someone who made a mistake as too bad for them or their **** now. They feel like better people not wanting Greenwood back - that's the primary reason they don't want him. Even his abusee gives him a second chance yet the fans act like they are the ones who got abused and don't want him back.

People are not clean sheets that never get dirty. Something as simply viewed as anger can arise from simple things like an unbalanced level of hormones, neurotransmitters, menstrual cycles and even lack of quality of sleep never mind like things like stress or expectations.

There are some faults that can't be forgiven, arguably like killing someone or even raping a complete randomer - but abusing his own partner who herself has forgiven him to the point that they get married is something I'm more forgiven too. Even to a non footballer.

What a pile of steaming turd this post is. Where to start

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm going to direct this at @RoodI literally had anger mood swings which would make me push my girlfriend against the wall and call my mum a whore. Whilst I never abused them
You quite literally just admitted to both physical and verbal abuse.

I used to break things out of my anger because all I have is an imbalance of serotonin which simply arises from me playing too many video games & looking at my phones light too much in the dark.
Seek help if you haven't already. Many many people do these things without reacting this way.

Yet you don't even admit to your own abuse.

cafecillos

Imagine registering in a football forum to post stuff like "raping strangers is not cool, if it's your partner though..."

Probably the most disgusting thing posted in a thread that was already full of stupidity and ignorance.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Nonsense. If he did what Pellistri did the thread would have exploded. It's not about objective discussion and that's why the performance thread would have been nothing more than a eulogy to him. Only his bizarre fans care about him kicking a ball and they only post positives.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Imagine registering in a football forum to post stuff like "raping strangers is not cool, if it's your partner though..."

Probably the most disgusting thing posted in a thread that was already full of stupidity and ignorance.
Another newbie, go figure.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

At least they said it, so many of the usual suspects circling around it.

Fridge chutney

I actually think it's very unlikely he's a rapist and it's not a good look for the Caf to be allowing such libellous accusations (not from you to be clear but others say it all the time).
You have a problem with a few words directed at Greenwood, but you have no problem spouting lies and hyperbole yourself:
High school? More like nursery school !

The bickering actually ramps up significantly whenever he scores as those who want him hung, drawn and quartered don't like any football related chat in here.

Yes it was clearly a bad idea to remove the Performance thread.

Gar&Nachos

You quite literally just admitted to both physical and verbal abuse.

Seek help if you haven't already. Many many people do these things without reacting this way.

Yet you don't even admit to your own abuse.
I have seeked medicine and I've changed now. I don't have mood swings anymore which all arises from an imbalance of Serotonin (a neurotransmitter that turns to melatonin when we sleep) all just affected by things as simple as a smart phone.

It's a relatively new generation disorder aswell. Alot of kids who have been born with the use of smart phones are addicted and it's affecting things like sleep (sleep walking) or even mood or emotion.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
My brother in Christ. I don’t care if the poster called Mason a rapist or his neighbors grandma. I took umbrage to the poster referring to him as a thug which today is just a nominally polite way of using the N-word. It’s a racially charged word, no two ways about it. Whether it was toward Mason or any other person of color, my reaction would be the same. So if you want to jump on me for calling that out then by all means, but it doesn’t reflect well on you. Just goes to show what a complete circle jerk this thread has become.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rasmus_the_great

This thread may as well be shut down. Anyone that dares to have a different view to the ‘Greenwood is a scum bag’ narrative seems to be vilified, mocked and ultimately banned.

I’m personally quite neutral and would welcome him back under certain circumstances but it seems the mods would rather it be an echo chamber for people that think in a certain way! Freedom of speech anyone?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
This thread may as well be shut down. Anyone that dares to have a different view to the ‘Greenwood is a scum bag’ narrative seems to be vilified, mocked and ultimately banned.

I’m personally quite neutral and would welcome him back under certain circumstances but it seems the mods would rather it be an echo chamber for people that think in a certain way! Freedom of speech anyone?
If that was the case the thread would be a lot easier to read.

People are not banned for wanting him back or wanting to discuss his performances or even pretending the performance chat is objective.

People on both sides of the debate have been banned from the thread for being clowns and while yes, most of the forum bans have been for people defending Mason Greenwood, it's about how they defend him, victim blaming and downplaying rape or domestic violence will not be tolerated.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s worth remembering that this is a private forum. So if you don’t like how it’s moderated, jog along to something that suits you more

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

I disagree.

I don't think directing this at me is going to help!

Just to correct a couple of things first, what you describe with your girlfriend and mother IS abusive behaviour and rape of any form is obviously completely unacceptable.

By the way, they are also not married - just living together with child.

If you have changed and got over your abusive anger issues then I'm glad to hear it.

I also hope that Mason Greenwood has learnt from whatever 'mistakes' he admitted to and that he and his partner are now living a happy family life together.

As well as speaking to Mason and his father, I would hope the club will speak to his partner and her family to hear their updated opinions before making any decisions about their future.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I have seeked medicine and I've changed now. I don't have mood swings anymore which all arises from an imbalance of Serotonin (a neurotransmitter that turns to melatonin when we sleep) all just affected by things as simple as a smart phone.

It's a relatively new generation disorder aswell. Alot of kids who have been born with the use of smart phones are addicted and it's affecting things like sleep (sleep walking) or even mood or emotion.
That is good that you have sought help but you are still dismissive of what you did. And you seem to be dismissively what Greenwood did.

Gar&Nachos

You lost all credibility here buddy. How can someone reform if they don't truly own up to what they did?
I didn't force my self sexually? I didn't force my self violently for my own benefits.

I'd have negative thoughts, sleep problems such as sleep walking and insomnia where I'd lose my awareness (due to serotonin) and my girlfriend tried to help me as I was loosing my mind out of anger and pain.

Nothing directed to her or lifestyle choices.

Both her and my family knew the 'real me' and knew that this angry 'evil one' was not the real me and that I could change back to the person I once was.

She is still with me now, forgiven me whilst I regret everything I did - changed in to a better man from learning from my mistakes and struggles.

What's interesting is that alot of the negative things I used to do or used to feel actually came from the side effects of the medication I was first diagnosed with aswell!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

I disagree.

Well said. Young people deserve a second chance in some cases and I believe this is one of those cases given he was not convicted, his wife forgave him, her family apparently forgave him, and it appears he has been good since.

Why not welcome him back on a probationary basis? You screw up again, you are sold to some Saudi team and this could be in his new contract.

RedRocket08

I would say this thread is one of the few places on the internet where you can have your opinion about this the particular player without much prejudice. I have argued plenty for the 'unpopular' side as you call it but I think have been treated fairly - If you're in favour of bringing the player back, make sensible arguments while already considering the (let's be honest) damning evidence that is currently out there (For example not these arbitrary arguments like 'she forgave him' etc.) + you need to be sensitive towards others' opinions about him even if they're against yours, especially as there could be people who've experienced SA on this forum. If you want to get into this topic however, I'd just recommend reading back quite a few pages, just to understand what areas you need to be sensitive about when discussing him.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Well said. Young people deserve a second chance in some cases and I believe this is one of those cases given he was not convicted, his wife forgave him, her family apparently forgave him, and it appears he has been good since.

Why not welcome him back on a probationary basis? You screw up again, you are sold to some Saudi team and this could be in his new contract.
He is getting a second chance, in Spain, what you want is no consequences at all, which is absurd and exactly the reason he is at Getafe.

E-mal

Feck this shit, bring him back. Having Foden tear us apart is heart breaking. Somebody of the same level of talent as Foden.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Feck this shit, bring him back. Having Foden tear us apart is heart breaking. Somebody of the same level of talent as Foden.
Never been of the same level of talent though. Foden is generations ahead when it comes to his general play.