Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I agree, in the main, but it's clearly stated that they have more information then we do. The court of public opinion has spoken though, and you can't blame anyone for thinking/fearing the worse. I believe he and us as fans should move on from it. I only hope that the alleged victim has a strong support network around her and I prey that Greenwoods name is never spoken in this scenario ever again.
The main difference is that they spoke to the parents. Of course they are going to say what the kids want them to say

agree with the rest of your post

freddie the red

pretty sure the club said they dug deeper, gained new evidence
There's an air of "they would say that wouldn't they?"

If there's any exculpatory evidence let them put it out there and put this all to bed.

Without any of that aired or without any claim of hacking or framing mentioned then we have what we have.

Banana Republic

I can’t believe people are keeping this pointless discussion going.
I’d be very surprised if he’s allowed to return and is almost certainly going to be sold, either this summer, or, if he gets another year a Getafe, next summer.
Don’t expect a big fee either.
We’d be lucky to get even close to £20m, if he’s transferred to another Spanish club or goes to Italy.

Widow

I can’t believe people are keeping this pointless discussion going.
I’d be very surprised if he’s allowed to return and is almost certainly going to be sold, either this summer, or, if he gets another year a Getafe, next summer.
Don’t expect a big fee either.
We’d be lucky to get even close to £20m, if he’s transferred to another Spanish club or goes to Italy.

Oh the irony

SparkedIntoLife

Hopefully he shines tonight against Atletico Madrid. He's been heavily linked with them, and I think that's his most likely destination. Griezmann was waxing lyrical about him earlier this season. I certainly don't see him as a Simeone type player as he doesn't work hard enough but I believe Atletico is one of the few Spanish teams with the money and need for him. Barcelona have Yamal in his position and are not exactly rich atm.

Yakuza_devils

If it's up to me, I want him back to the club. I think he will be a very good player.

However, as Getafe President already stated that Man Utd have no intention to bring him back.

Now, the best case scenario is big club like Barca is interested and willing to pay 50M.

Otherwise, we would hope smaller club from Italy or German willing to take him 20-30M.

Worst case is he will be going back to Getafe for another loan or they can only afford like 10M fees.

As thing stand, I think he will be back to Getafe either loan or small fees.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I didn’t see the game but Getafe lost 3 nil. Greenwood apparently had a great chance saved well by Oblak. It seems Getafe have been fairly toothless recently with the injuries to Mayoral and co.
People won't like him but he absolutely shone, nobody else in his team was average and he played a very good game, 2 shots on target, 1 brilliantly saved and hit the post, 5 successful dribbles and a 93% pass accuracy.

Sofascore ranked him a 7.7 and nobody else in the team got above a 6.7, think he definitely would have impressed Simeone.

cafecillos

People won't like him but he absolutely shone, nobody else in his team was average and he played a very good game, 2 shots on target, 1 brilliantly saved and hit the post, 5 successful dribbles and a 93% pass accuracy.

Sofascore ranked him a 7.7 and nobody else in the team got above a 6.7, think he definitely would have impressed Simeone.
Did you see the match though or are you just quoting stats? I didn't see it but in the La Liga official highlights video you can see the shots, one of which is a centered shot with his right foot after two dribbles (which leave three more dribbles for the rest of the game, which considering the type of action that gets counted as a "successful dribble" could mean absolutely nothing), and the other is a powerful shot in a very good position and quite open that he as a jillion pound player probably should have scored. The passing sounds good, but only one of those was a key pass, and he also lost the ball 9 times. There's also a play by Óscar Rodríguez, I think, that's more impressive than anything Greenwood did, so maybe Simeone will want to sing him too.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Did you see the match though or are you just quoting stats? I didn't see it but in the La Liga official highlights video you can see the shots, one of which is a centered shot with his right foot after two dribbles (which leave three more dribbles for the rest of the game, which considering the type of action that gets counted as a "successful dribble" could mean absolutely nothing), and the other is a powerful shot in a very good position and quite open that he as a jillion pound player probably should have scored. The passing sounds good, but only one of those was a key pass, and he also lost the ball 9 times. There's also a play by Óscar Rodríguez, I think, that's more impressive than anything Greenwood did, so maybe Simeone will want to sing him too.
That was purely stats, I didn't watch the games hence why I never initially commented that night, I have watched most of the Getafe games but haven't seen the last few so will take your word for it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Good news, Napoli and Juventus interested. Maybe we can get decent fees instead of Getafe.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/69022597
Either of those would be interesting moves for him. Though, I am not sure either of those teams will stump up the cash we'd want. Italian teams are notoriously cheap and they are likely looking at this as an opportunity to make a profit a couple of years down the line when the outrage would have subsided more.

Yakuza_devils

No chance they pay a fee like that for Greenwood.
Seriously if we can't even get 20M we should consider taking him back as squad player. He is more than decent and we need funds to strengthen other more pressing positions due to constraints from FFP.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why would a club bid 50m when they know that you're trying to get rid? It makes no sense.

RoyH1

Seriously if we can't even get 20M we should consider taking him back as squad player. He is more than decent and we need funds to strengthen other more pressing positions due to constraints from FFP.
I don't think our owners, board, directors and a new manager would want to deal with the media presence and focus on Grenwood's personal life. Regardless of where you stand on the issue.

Posh Red

That won’t be happening either, because a huge section of the fan base (myself included) would be disgusted with the club if they did that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hence, I think 20M is a fair value. He is a great talent. Hopefully, Getafe, Juventus or Napoli willing to pay 20M.
I agree that around that would probably be the sensible figure. I think the absolute max would be c. 30-40ish but since the leaked reports about wanting to get rid this season, I don't think anthing above 30m will now happen.

Yakuza_devils

I agree that around that would probably be the sensible figure. I think the absolute max would be c. 30-40ish but since the leaked reports about wanting to get rid this season, I don't think anthing above 30m will now happen.
Yes, Getafe President shouldn't disclose what was discussed between him and our club. He purposely do that to get Greenwood on the cheap.

Hope now Juventus or Napoli willing to pay a bit more.

Superwoofer

Honestly as a player I love the guy - heaps of skill and class on the field.

But what he did was truly terrible. Wonder if he can be redeemed and return to the club somehow.

RuudTom83

Give the manager (whoever it may be next season) a chance of doing his job without another episode of unwanted drama.

The amount of shit the United managers have to deal with is joke at times.

Bin Greenwood and Sancho off asap!

Yakuza_devils

Give the manager (whoever it may be next season) a chance of doing his job without another episode of unwanted drama.

The amount of shit the United managers have to deal with is joke at times.

Bin Greenwood and Sancho off asap!
Greenwood 20M and Sancho 40M. Free up 60M and 500k p/w wages for FFP next year.