Mason Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

Wouldn't be surprised of a Rashford-like trajectory within a couple of years.

divad

Hes body structure is so similar to Rvp its almost indentical.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One of the most ambidextrous footballers I've ever seen.

Utdstar01

He looks a far more rounded player then Rashford at the same stage of their careers. He doesn’t have the outstanding pace though.
Yeah I'd agree with this. His end product is terrific, he's a game changer. I just meant that I could see him bursting onto the scene for us in a similar style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've got some absolute gems in the academy right now.

If Chong/Gomes/Greenwood aren't around the first team in a few years I will be amazed.

In Rainbows

If Chong/Gomes/Greenwood aren't around the first team in a few years I will be amazed.
If none of them make it we need to have a serious look at our development/integration process.

deafepl

If none of them make it we need to have a serious look at our development/integration process.
I think it is possible all of them may start in future for United, Greenwood is almost 9 years younger than Lukaku, could be next striker to replace Lukaku in next 5 years or so. Chong is left-footed and plays as right-wing when we don't have a proper right wing, if we didn't buy a right wing in the transfer window, he may be likely to break into the first team next season and looking likely to join us on pre-season summer. I'm not sure about Gomes as he likes to play on the left wing or centrally but could do with a loan. I hope if it went well for Chong, Greenwood and Gomes, they will make it. There are plenty of other players who may make it, especially from the U18 in next few years as this side is most talented ever we had in decades, probably better than 2011 youth United sides.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He looks a far more rounded player then Rashford at the same stage of their careers. He doesn’t have the outstanding pace though.
Looks a far more rounded player than Rashford now; not slating Marcus because I’m a big fan, but Greenwood’s control and intelligence is far superior. Could develop into the perfect modern #9.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Looks a far more rounded player than Rashford now; not slating Marcus because I’m a big fan, but Greenwood’s control and intelligence is far superior. Could develop into the perfect modern #9.
You'd need to see him in the context of a far more demanding environment before making that assessment I think pal.

londonredmaniac

Indeed. If I'm honest I'd like to see those three on the bench come the last few games of the season. Gomes was last year, with Harrop in the starting 11. These three would deserve a handful of minutes IMO.

londonredmaniac

I'd agree, though I'd say the same about a number of players that have not made it here. We will see how that development continues.

He's certainly impressing in a big way

Trizy

Isn't O'Connor meant to be very highly rated too? Can't say I've had time to follow the youths for the last few years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't O'Connor meant to be very highly rated too? Can't say I've had time to follow the youths for the last few years.
I can't say I watch the reserves/18's much so I haven't seen him before, but yes people rave about him and a few others.

Certainly is looking much rosier than the past few years!

I like Chong especially, just because he's the exciting direct/rapid ball carrier we've missed for a long time. He can actually score/assist too which is a plus!

Bwuk

Would love to see him get a appearance off the bench at the end of the season. Even just a 5 minute cameo for him, Chong and Gomes.

LimerickRed

Do people think he will promoted to the 23s next season? Scary thought as he will only be first season scholar

lysglimt

Scout

I would add O'Connor and Garner to that list - Garner is actually the one who has impressed me the most in the last 6 months

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do people think he will promoted to the 23s next season? Scary thought as he will only be first season scholar
Don't think so, there were talks a few days ago of us signing an striker for the U23s.

oskarutd

Don't think so, there were talks a few days ago of us signing an striker for the U23s.
George Hirst, son of David Hirst. From Wednesday. We almost signed his father but weren´t allowed, so we signed a bloke called Eric Cantona. Most probably someone here remembers him...

AP88

Supports
Man City
If he can grow significanly, he’ll make a brilliant central defender. If he remains relatively short, it’ll be as a fullback he emerges. Either way, he’s a Rolls Royce.

Redo91

If he can grow significanly, he’ll make a brilliant central defender. If he remains relatively short, it’ll be as a fullback he emerges. Either way, he’s a Rolls Royce.
I think he will turn into a right back personally. He’s very competent going forward so would be wasted at CB. Plus he could come along at the perfect time to replace Valencia.

mav_9me

Would love to see him get a appearance off the bench at the end of the season. Even just a 5 minute cameo for him, Chong and Gomes.
I would be willing to give up 2nd spot if it meant some playing time for Chong/Greenwood/Gomes.

londonredmaniac

2nd or 3rd...I honestly couldn't give much of a toss. Same end result. I'd be happy to see some of our promising young players get some minutes at the end of the season.

Not all at once, but certainly in the coming games. 30 minutes against West Brom or Brighton for example...Watford as well?

Just depends whether they are ready for it. You'd think Gomes is given he has been given a few minutes. Riley perhaps...I'd love to see Chong and Greenwood as a reward for their great work...but would suggest it's very unlikely, especially in Greenwood's case.

Coaches will know what's best for them. It might just be too soon even for a cameo.

deafepl

I think Mason Greenwood is going to break the U18 top scorer record next season at this rate. 10 goals in 2 months, it took him to outscore many players in 2 months only as there 5 players scored more goal than him since August 2017 if counting Mason Greenwood's 2 months only. Mason Greenwood is 3rd top scorers in the league behind two players who have played more 4+ matches than Greenwood.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think Mason Greenwood is going to break the U18 top scorer record next season at this rate. 10 goals in 2 months, it took him to outscore many players in 2 months only as there 5 players scored more goal than him since August 2017 if counting Mason Greenwood's 2 months only. Mason Greenwood is 3rd top scorers in the league behind two players who have played more 4+ matches than Greenwood.
What is the record?

And in all honestly if he is playing a full season in the u18s he'll be just wasting his time. Look forward to seeing him destroy some teams in the u19s though.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
What is the record?

And in all honestly if he is playing a full season in the u18s he'll be just wasting his time. Look forward to seeing him destroy some teams in the u19s though.
Quite a few players have scored 20+ goals in a season for the U/18's but not recently.

Scott McGarvey notched 23 in 1979/80, Paul Scholes totalled 24 in 1992/93, Peter Coyne went one better with 25 in 1975/76 and Mark Robins finished with 35 in 1987/88.

However, I don't think anyone will beat Laurie Cassidy in 1954/55 when he scored over 70+ goals with many games unknown so it was probably over 80 in just one season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Quite a few players have scored 20+ goals in a season for the U/18's but not recently.

Scott McGarvey notched 23 in 1979/80, Paul Scholes totalled 24 in 1992/93, Peter Coyne went one better with 25 in 1975/76 and Mark Robins finished with 35 in 1987/88.

However, I don't think anyone will beat Laurie Cassidy in 1954/55 when he scored over 70+ goals with many games unknown so it was probably over 80 in just one season.
Cheers. Were all the seasons similar amount of games long?

Jaysus Laurie Cassidy must have been one hell of a player, that is an insane amount.

MUFC OK

O'Conner is certainly. Garner and Laird too but history tells you not to get too excited.
Ethan Laird really stands out to me, he has an incredible maturity to his play, and has excellent decision making which for someone who is only just 16 is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.