Mason Holgate

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I know we have a few Evertonians on here....so thought I'd ask....

Who is this kid then? Granted it was only an hour odd in a testimonial but he impressed me from minute one last night.

Is this another one a long line of good young talent? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Looks a very calm and collected kid, positional awareness, quick...

Fair to say one I will be keeping an eye on that's for sure...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looked pretty impressive last night. Also quite sure that he was on trial with us at one time in the last year or so, Everton have got a good player. Looked better than Stones in the first half who was looking quite average.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Looked pretty impressive last night. Also quite sure that he was on trial with us at one time in the last year or so, Everton have got a good player. Looked better than Stones in the first half who was looking quite average.
He saved Stones some real embarrassment in the second half too. Agree, seems Everton have got themselves another promising kid. Good luck to them as well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He saved Stones some real embarrassment in the second half too. Agree, seems Everton have got themselves another promising kid. Good luck to them as well.
Got a pretty good manager in Koeman too, good for the kid that Martinez has been sacked. Probably the worst manager for a defender.

Minkaro

Mason Holgate is never a footballer's name. I can't read it without hearing an overexcited American yelling "come on down to Mason Holgate's!"

The Siege

There was this one moment coming down the left when Ibra tried to do some magic to get past him and Holgate absolutely shut the door on him. For a 19 year old defender to not be remotely dazed by one of the world's best strikers is pretty impressive by itself. Certainly going to keep an eye out for him this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I really like this lad, ever since I saw him in person at Rooney's testimonial, like a young Rio Ferdinand

Never a pen btw

Javi

Seems a bit thuggish at times. Maybe he's just young.

Zoo

Bit of a hothead but has a lot of potential.

bebeanderson

I hope he gets banned for that attrocious blindside push that could’ve seriously injured Firmino or children in the stands. There was an iron bar that was too close to clashing with Firmino’s head.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
The lad's doing well so someone decided to dig a little.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He's a big talent. The only one who will make it at the very top out of our current crop of youngsters i feel.

The Stain

Should be banned for "your", let alone the homophobia.
Been deleted now. For anyone wondering.. Someone tweeted him (in 2012) something like "does that make you a rentboy" and he responded "no but your a glorysupporter and a battyboy ;-)".

NinjaFletch

The lad's doing well so someone decided to dig a little.
Let's be honest, thats not why people decided to dig.

There's a video floating around where some internet experts have lip read Holgate 'saying' to the referee 'He called me a n****r'. Liverpool fans have decided based on no evidence either that Holgate said it or what Firminho said to Holgate (yes I know he called him a son of a bitch, but there's a bit after that where he is blocked from view which is when Holgate loses it) that Holgate was lying and in anger have sent him abuse and dug through his twitter feed for ammo.

Yes, the homophobic slurs are bad and Holgate should and will be criticised for them, but the reaction of a fanbase who already have an appalling history in this area to an allegation of racism which at this stage they themselves have invented is utterly hideous.

Whatever happens, I'd bet we haven't heard the last of this.

Last edited:

The Stain

There's a video floating around where some internet experts have 'lip read' Holgate 'saying' to the referee 'He called me a n****r'. Liverpool fans have decided based on no evidence either that Holgate said it or what Firminho said to Holgate (yes I know he called him a son of a bitch, but there's a bit after that where he is blocked from view which is when Holgate loses it) that Holgate was lying and in anger have sent him abuse and dug through his twitter feed for ammo.

Yes, the homophobic slurs are bad and Holgate should and will be criticised for them, but the reaction of a fanbase who already has an appalling history in this area to an allegation of racism which at this stage they themselves have invented is utterly hideous.

Didn't know of that. Just now seen the push he gave Firmino. Eventful evening all around in the FA Cup.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Been deleted now. For anyone wondering.. Someone tweeted him (in 2012) something like "does that make you a rentboy" and he responded "no but your a glorysupporter and a battyboy ;-)".
16 year old saying something stupid shouldn't be a shock, I'm sure he's grown up since then.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Liverpool printing up the t-shirts as we speak then?

TheReligion

Abusive

There's a video floating around where some internet experts have lip read Holgate 'saying' to the referee 'He called me a n****r'. Liverpool fans have decided based on no evidence either that Holgate said it or what Firminho said to Holgate (yes I know he called him a son of a bitch, but there's a bit after that where he is blocked from view which is when Holgate loses it) that Holgate was lying and in anger have sent him abuse and dug through his twitter feed for ammo.

Yes, the homophobic slurs are bad and Holgate should and will be criticised for them, but the reaction of a fanbase who already have an appalling history in this area to an allegation of racism which at this stage they themselves have invented is utterly hideous.

Typical Liverpool fans.