Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I'm really not that well informed on Mount as a player, although i've always thought he was disappointing in the 10 role for England, but Bruno has occupied the right wing and occasionally the deeper central midfield option for United and it has worked at times despite a lot of our fans getting very angry about it. Perhaps in the bigger games it will be something like

Casemiro Rabiot (a big if obviously)
Bruno Mount Rashford
New striker

I'm guessing Mount can also play on the wings? He can't be any worse there than Sancho at the moment?
He can and has played out wide but I’ve personally always hated when he played there. He’s not a player who will face up a fullback and dribble past them with pace. He likes that area around the edge of the box.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Hmm, if true about the left winger, could we be thinking of playing Rashford more as a striker? Sorry, off topic I guess.
No way we're getting a second striker, so for me this is curtains on Sancho. Rashford will be the starting left winger and Garnacho can fight it out with this new signing.

If our striker is unavailable, Rashford plays up top.

RobbieBerns

In the same brief these Ducker quotes are coming from he’s also saying that we’re looking to add depth at LW so you just can’t take anything he’s saying seriously right now

gajender

In the same brief these Ducker quotes are coming from he’s also saying that we’re looking to add depth at LW so you just can’t take anything he’s saying seriously right now
Ducker is one of the Mouthpieces of United if he is putting something out there then more often than not it has substance .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maybe Neymar.

Abraxas

A left winger seems odd to me. Maybe there's a hidden genius I'm not seeing but when you've got Marcus Rashford pulling up trees there and one of the most promising prospects in football that also plays there, what's the point?

For me the wings aren't that concerning. Left looks good and I'd be happy adding Diallo to Antony on the right. Antony needs to buck his ideas up but it's obvious he will be given time to do so.

Rustyspider13

Since everyone's thrown in their opinion about Mount, I'll do the same-I was impressed with him when he first broke through for Chelsea. Seemed like a player who could do a bit of everything at a 7/8 out of 10 level. I echo the sentiment that his best position is the most advanced midfielder in a 3. If EtH plans to field Casemiro, Mount and Bruno together, than it is clear that our midfield structure will change significantly next season. Maybe we finally see us transition to the fabled 4-3-3.

Anyway, it's clear that Mount is a good player to have in the squad. The price is the sticking point here. For me, if it is-

Below 40m-club has done well, VdB like fee for a far better player
40 to 50m-not bad, not good. Expected price with United+English tax
Over 50m-got rinsed for a player on his last year

At the very least it's good to see that we are moving for targets early.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Is it also saying that article we’ll be putting an offer in this month? Why does it take a month?! Could we not do it tomorrow?!

Malone_Post

I don’t think Mount’s a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I think he is quite good. Not great, but good. If he was our own youth product, or an out of contact player I’d be happy with him in the squad. Or even if he was available for a modest sum, say in the region of £20 million. He’d be a good squad player to have who could cover a number of positions and provide competition for the first XI. However, as a big money signing, expected to come into the first team and push us closer to Arsenal & City? I just don’t see it at all. He’s just not at that level. A midfield of Casimero, Bruno & Mount is not going to have us challenging for a title. And for the £50/60 million that he’s supposedly going to cost, you’d expect a significant improvement to the team. Mount is, at best, a slight upgrade.

stw2022

Don't share pessimism, he'll be a cracking signing. I guess it's either £50m or maybe £60m + Maguire?

stw2022

That would be the United way, Chelsea want £50m but we say no, how about £60m + Maguire.
You can't just put a fridge out on the street, you need to pay the council for collection. The last thing we need is a fixed penalty notice.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
50m seems fair. Do we know what kind of wage he's on at Chelsea and what he's likely to demand?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Don't share pessimism, he'll be a cracking signing. I guess it's either £50m or maybe £60m + Maguire?
Maguire won't go from you anywhere friend. His wages will be a huge problem for you to offload him. Only way you can offload him you terminate his contract and pay him his full wages. That's not going to happen. Him not bothered about play time either. His place in England NT not at risk as long as Southgate as manager.

Joseunited

Maguire won't go from you anywhere friend. His wages will be a huge problem for you to offload him. Only way you can offload him you terminate his contract and pay him his full wages. That's not going to happen. Him not bothered about play time either. His place in England NT not at risk as long as Southgate as manager.
Southgate has already said he needs to be playing more if he wants to keep his England spot so that's nonsense and there will be teams wanting to buy Maguire.

cyberman

We are paying him 10m to leave. He’s gone.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Agree. There is another option thought and it’s more likely. A loan to a PL club with us paying a (big) part of his wages.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How much did we struggle without Casemiro and Eriksen were missing?

would it not be better to have better midfield back ups?
Given that Eriksen wasn't particularly effective after his return, it could be said we didn't miss him too much, in fact most of our run (driven by Rashford's post WC form) was done with CE injured.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ducker is one of the Mouthpieces of United if he is putting something out there then more often than not it has substance .
Why would a mouthpiece of United put out that sort of info?
Why would United want to let anyone know what they're doing in that manner?

Castia

Warming to the idea of a Casamiro, Mount and Bruno midfield 3. Eriksen and possibly Rabiot as backup and we have good options.

Fred and McTominay out please

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Agree. There is another option thought and it’s more likely. A loan to a PL club with us paying a (big) part of his wages.
Yup that's only way you keep him away from your squad. You got struck with him like we did stupidly with Lukaku. At least Maguire respectful with your club and fanbase but Lukaku. Oh god. Still we have three yrs of this Lukaku nonsense.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yup that's only way you keep him away from your squad. You got struck with him like we did stupidly with Lukaku. At least Maguire respectful with your club and fanbase but Lukaku. Oh god. Still we have three yrs of this Lukaku nonsense.
Yeah, there’s plenty of these examples where a club is stuck with a highly-paid player and a loan is the only option. Alexis Sánchez was another recent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.