g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The briefs and PR to give himself a pat on the back after one deal...
Some things never change. Worst bit is they're using Chelsea's starting price to suggest we got him cheap as if Chelsea hadn't laid down a false high demand.

Chelsea will be very happy with the deal. Let's see how well he does selling players.

Oh FFS

The knives are always sharp around here, feck me sideways! :lol: :lol:

Do you really think that Murtough is that fecking narcissistic that he thinks about putting out a “PR Piece” while simultaneously working on a deal for Mount? I think he don’t give a flying feck what people on the internet think of his career abilities.

The pure lust and almost orgasmic attraction to “PR” & “briefs” is unrelenting. Like the club literally CANNOT get praised or do anything good without it being a PR exercise, we’re in a constant state of perpetual negativity that we can’t be happy, even for a second.

feck me this PR bollocks thought process is tiresome.

AndySmith1990

To the doom and gloom mongers who reference £60m in their rants. Keep in mind if we end up paying the full £60m it'll be because we've won major trophies

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
wow...what a sad...sad man. Asking Luckhurst to write a ego-stroking piece because you signed an expiring contract for slightly lower than Chelsea's last position. :houllier:
I’m done. See above.
fecking PR.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh FFS

The knives are always sharp around here, feck me sideways! :lol: :lol:

Do you really think that Murtough is that fecking narcissistic that he thinks about putting out a “PR Piece” while simultaneously working on a deal for Mount? I think he don’t give a flying feck what people on the internet think of his career abilities.

The pure lust and almost orgasmic attraction to “PR” & “briefs” is unrelenting. Like the club literally CANNOT get praised or do anything good without it being a PR exercise, we’re in a constant state of perpetual negativity that we can’t be happy, even for a second.

feck me this PR bollocks thought process is tiresome.
Naive

Brightonian

Of course he brought something. He certainly added value. He stood out even more because we had no other good options on the right wing. That being said, when you think of an £86M winger, his output last season isn't what you'd imagine. If he keeps the good from last year, gets more use to the pace of the league and starts making better decisions, he'll truly elevate us.
I think on top of what @Marcelinho87 said, all of which I agree with, I'm surprised more people didn't see the clear signs of real quality ready to be tapped either. The man's ability to beat a defender from a standing start wasn't properly appreciated because he so often didn't go for the jugular once he'd done it. But part of that is down to simply not having that competent #9 getting available in the box for the pass. I expect if we can get someone to do that job properly, and with Antony a season more confident, his attacking output might start to match all his other work.

cyberman

wow...what a sad...sad man. Asking Luckhurst to write a ego-stroking piece because you signed an expiring contract for slightly lower than Chelsea's last position. :houllier:
Some of our own fans hates our club more than our rivals

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Its not, if you know anything about being a top level executive in any industry
Murtough does not have the time to ask for puff pieces by journo’s to make himself look good to people on the internet.

The regular fan does not care about Murtough it’s only the fans online that care so passionately.

It’s preposterous to think he’s asked for this. Jesus fecking christ

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The BBC is highlighting this story with a goal Mount scored against us in an FA Cup game... what it actually shows is another dreadful mistake from DDG!

Cassidy

Murtough does not have the time to ask for puff pieces by journo’s to make himself look good to people on the internet.

The regular fan does not care about Murtough it’s only the fans online that care so passionately.

It’s preposterous to think he’s asked for this. Jesus fecking christ
Journos don't get news out of United for nothing, its always quid pro quo. If you think he doesn't have a PR team that's fine, that is the last reply on this.

WPMUFC

Some of our own fans hates our club more than our rivals
i think the mount signing is great.....quality player. I'm not going to pretend to like a puff piece article on our higher-up staff, that is essentially trying to say "sources confirm we have a fantastic negotiating leader at the club"....because he made the addon's harder to achieve. :houllier:

I think that might quite literally be the bare minimum for someone in his position....and why the feck is there a new article about it?

Cassidy

i think the mount signing is great.....quality player. I'm not going to pretend to like a puff piece article on our higher-up staff, that is essentially trying to say "sources confirm we have a fantastic negotiating leader at the club"....because he made the addon's harder to achieve. :houllier:
5m of addons at that, but we hate the club for calling it out....

Idxomer

I would say we overpaid by 5m considering the fees Jesus and Sterling went for last summer.

Jesus was for 45m but he isn't homegrown and the Sterling was for 47m while being 3 years older at the time of his transfer.

Lecland07

This looks like the deals we normally do in the end of the transfer window when we are desperate. Overpaying and putting him on a salary he has done nothing last year to deserve.

We gave a last offer (3rd offer). We should have walked away. Do we actually have children doing the negotiations for us.

1st offer -> Chelsea : No
2nd offer :->Chelsea : No
3rd and final offer -> Chelsea : No
Chelsea : Lets discuss in meeting - You can have him if you pay what we want -> Man Utd : OK ???

Guess we now have to hope that both Bruno and Mount can adjust to playing safer, learning how to carry the ball from defense and control the pace of a game + doing more defensive work than they have in the past.
Welly, only if you pretend they wanted £55m. They wanted £70m at the beginning; we bid £45m. We went up £10m and they dropped £15m.

The £5m addons only get paid if we win a major trophy. Are you going to complain if we do have to pay that?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Journos don't get news out of United for nothing, its always quid pro quo. If you think he doesn't have a PR team that's fine, that is the last reply on this.
Fine. Be in a perpetual state of negativity when it comes to the club.

Is it all bad news = gospel all good news = PR piece?

Cassidy

Fine. Be in a perpetual state of negativity when it comes to the club.

Is it all bad news = gospel all good news = PR piece?
One comment means perpetual state of negativity :lol: :houllier:

ScarleyUtd

Welly, only if you pretend they wanted £55m. They wanted £70m at the beginning; we bid £45m. We went up £10m and they dropped £15m.

The £5m addons only get paid if we win a major trophy. Are you going to complain if we do have to pay that?
Exactly, move on people.

Cantona in disguise

I would say we overpaid by 5m considering the fees Jesus and Sterling went for last summer.

Jesus was for 45m but he isn't homegrown and the Sterling was for 47m while being 3 years older at the time of his transfer.
Inflation mate. I saw ketchup for 4.25 a bottle the other day. Everything has gone up since last year haha.

lysglimt

Scout
This looks like the deals we normally do in the end of the transfer window when we are desperate. Overpaying and putting him on a salary he has done nothing last year to deserve.

We gave a last offer (3rd offer). We should have walked away. Do we actually have children doing the negotiations for us.

1st offer -> Chelsea : No
2nd offer :->Chelsea : No
3rd and final offer -> Chelsea : No
Chelsea : Lets discuss in meeting - You can have him if you pay what we want -> Man Utd : OK ???

Guess we now have to hope that both Bruno and Mount can adjust to playing safer, learning how to carry the ball from defense and control the pace of a game + doing more defensive work than they have in the past.
This is not entirely correct - as I understand, the £5 million add-ons are so unlikely that if we end up paying Chelsea £55 million rather than £50 million - we will do so gladly. So in reality, we are paying the £50 million which was our final offer. The £200.000 wages is high - but not absurdly high for a player of his quality - and I assume they also come with a 25% C.L clause - so if we fail to qualify for the C.L he will get 25% less.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

As per Ornstein, their initial ask was 70 million + 10 million add ons.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
This is not entirely correct - as I understand, the £5 million add-ons are so unlikely that if we end up paying Chelsea £55 million rather than £50 million - we will do so gladly. So in reality, we are paying the £50 million which was our final offer. The £200.000 wages is high - but not absurdly high for a player of his quality - and I assume they also come with a 25% C.L clause - so if we fail to qualify for the C.L he will get 25% less.
It's 55+5, but it doesn't change the gist of your post

lysglimt

Scout
A question to those claiming we overpaid for Mount. If we had a Mason Mount (on a really low salary) 24 years old with roughly 25 goals and 25 assists (cant remember the exact numbers) in just short of 130 league games - how many of you would claim that £55 million was a fair price to sell him for ? I am convinced that the majority would be stating that we sold him too cheaply - and that our negotiators are really bad at their jobs. :)

If we ignore the contract (which really isn't that important) and only look at the player we are getting - £55 million for Mount in todays market is a really good deal

Cassidy

A question to those claiming we overpaid for Mount. If we had a Mason Mount (on a really low salary) 24 years old with roughly 25 goals and 25 assists (cant remember the exact numbers) in just short of 130 league games - how many of you would claim that £50 million was a fair price to sell him for ? I am convinced that the majority would be stating that we sold him too cheaply - and that our negotiators are really bad at their jobs. :)

If we ignore the contract (which really isn't that important) and only look at the player we are getting - £50 million for Mount in todays market is a really good deal
You can't ignore the player having a year left on their contract. I'm actually really happy with the signing, but we don't need to lie. £55m for a player coming off a poor season with a year left on their contract isn't the best deal
I think £60m for him in normal circumstances is about right

Smores

70 million was their starting position for the negotiation that's all, unless you think they started with what they actually wanted but there very gullible.

If Inter say 100m for Onana are you gonna claim 90 million as a good deal? Obviously not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bad article is written about Murtough: “he’s useless, get rid”.
Positive article is written about Murtough: “PR bullshit”.
The man cannot win.

DevilRed

Alternatively, luckhurst might have his tongue in Murtoughs starfish as a way to get some “exclusive” transfer scoops this summer.

Marcelinho87

One comment means perpetual state of negativity :lol: :houllier:
It's not just your one comments, it's an everyday issue by multiple posters in the caf... This place is stuck in a negative loop and it's frustrating.

Feels like some of the posters here can't function without United failing in some capacity, it's mental.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Personally, I think Mount is a really good signing (I hope he proves to be)
We have nothing like him, press resistant, energetic and able to carry the ball forward through midfield.
Has an eye for a pass and is a decent finisher too.

Not one of the first names that I would have thought of, but a good signing, and a decent price too I think, considering his experience at just 24.
About 40 England caps, 4 domestic Cup Finals, Champions league Winner.
Should be a very decent addition, and I think he'll surprise quite a lot of people.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I’d be happy paying the extra £5m to win trophies, prize money alone will help clear that bill. I think it’s a good deal all round for this guy, might not be exactly what we need but the manager has a plan so have to see where it takes us next season and what lineup he prefers.

Cassidy

It's not just your one comments, it's an everyday issue by multiple posters in the caf... This place is stuck in a negative loop and it's frustrating.

Feels like some of the posters here can't function without United failing in some capacity, it's mental.
That has nothing to do with me, so if you want to accuse me of being in a perpetual state of negativity then do better.

Its likely you are just not understanding this is an internet forum and not everyone share the same views

Marcelinho87

That has nothing to do with me, so if you want to accuse me of being in a perpetual state of negativity then do better.

Its likely you are just not understanding this is an internet forum and not everyone share the same views
Everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion and as I said it wasn't about your one post, just the state of the caf as a whole.

You can't deny the constant moaning and negativity here, it's tiring.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Personally, I think Mount is a really good signing (I hope he proves to be)
We have nothing like him, press resistant, energetic and able to carry the ball forward through midfield.
Has an eye for a pass and is a decent finisher too.

Not one of the first names that I would have thought of, but a good signing, and a decent price too I think, considering his experience at just 24.
About 40 England caps, 4 domestic Cup Finals, Champions league Winner.
Should be a very decent addition, and I think he'll surprise quite a lot of people.
Ten hag has improved alot of players at ajax & united. Mount is a consistency player at always 7/10. If ten hag can get him becoming a consistent 8/10 player he can be a great player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.