Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It's not just your one comments, it's an everyday issue by multiple posters in the caf... This place is stuck in a negative loop and it's frustrating.

Feels like some of the posters here can't function without United failing in some capacity, it's mental.
Exactly!
That has nothing to do with me, so if you want to accuse me of being in a perpetual state of negativity then do better.

Its likely you are just not understanding this is an internet forum and not everyone share the same views
I’m fully aware of that, but for everything to be shite on it’s tiresome. All I see is negativity, I hardly see positivity around here anymore. A bit of balance would be nice (on the CAF not you, maybe I should be more clearer in my posts as most of the time I’m referring to the wider forum and not the poster I’m quoting)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I forgot Mount was at Vitesse so Ten Hag will know him from when he played in the Dutch League too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion and as I said it wasn't about your one post, just the state of the caf as a whole.

You can't deny the constant moaning and negativity here, it's tiring.
Comes with lack of success over years. Yes it can be tiring but there are many ways to avoid it

Skills

Snitch
Ten hag has improved alot of players at ajax & united. Mount is a consistency player at always 7/10. If ten hag can get him becoming a consistent 8/10 player he can be a great player for us.
Just need to get Antony up from a consistent 3/10 to a solid 5/10 now

hobbers

Player profile and position wise it’s a good signing. No doubt he’ll be a far far more valuable player than the likes of sancho or maguire.

but the deal is probably as bad as either of theirs in terms of value for money and even worse is helping chelsea fund signing a better player

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Comes with lack of success over years. Yes it can be tiring but there are many ways to avoid it
Yes, by the team winning & hopefully Mount and Onana will be the first step to going one step further than a League Cup win

Cassidy

Exactly!

I’m fully aware of that, but for everything to be shite on it’s tiresome. All I see is negativity, I hardly see positivity around here anymore. A bit of balance would be nice (on the CAF not you, maybe I should be more clearer in my posts as most of the time I’m referring to the wider forum and not the poster I’m quoting)
I'm not sure what you expect, that comes with lack of success over years. Take the time to step away from the internet (it can be a toxic place at times)

Cassidy

Yes, by the team winning & hopefully Mount and Onana will be the first step to going one step further than a League Cup win
I think both are good signings, that has nothing to do with my thoughts about Mourtough

gajender

I forgot Mount was at Vitesse so Ten Hag will know him from when he played in the Dutch League too.
How could you mate don't you know according to some that's primary criterion why we even bought Mount everything else is just plain irrelevant .

Skills

Snitch
Player profile and position wise it’s a good signing. No doubt he’ll be a far far more valuable player than the likes of sancho or maguire.

but the deal is probably as bad as either of theirs in terms of value for money and even worse is helping chelsea fund signing a better player
I'd be tempted to just buy Weghorst for a club record fee, and then every signing after that will always look great in comparison. 3D chess.

Skills

Snitch
Coming to Manchester United 22/23 - that underwhelming feeling of seeing Mason Mount in England's starting XI for the last 3 years

Skills

Snitch
Mount's obviously not a bad player, but this is another head scratcher of a signing.

I hope I'm wrong, and there's a bigger picture plan to this all.

cyberman

It's not just your one comments, it's an everyday issue by multiple posters in the caf... This place is stuck in a negative loop and it's frustrating.

Feels like some of the posters here can't function without United failing in some capacity, it's mental.
The top 4 race 23/24 thread hasn’t been created just yet so they’re out in the wild running amok

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I know it's highlights for a reason, but there are more moments of him being in a deeper 8 in this video which is where we can expect him for us.

It's good to see an agile, well balanced and technical player in that area of the pitch. On paper he should be able to work well with Bruno/Cas.

gajender

I'd be tempted to just buy Weghorst for a club record fee, and then every signing after that will always look great in comparison. 3D chess.
Coming to Manchester United 22/23 - that underwhelming feeling of seeing Mason Mount in England's starting XI for the last 3 years
Well its isn't as if you have a form for being hysterical or overreacting like ever.

Cassidy

I know it's highlights for a reason, but there are more moments of him being in a deeper 8 in this video which is where we can expect him for us.

It's good to see an agile, well balanced and technical player in that area of the pitch. On paper he should be able to work well with Bruno/Cas.
He played a lot of his first season at Chelsea as an attacking 8, it was Tuchel who really moved him into an wide attacker and 10, but he also used him as an 8 a bit too.
Mount is a very versatile player and can play the Eriksen role and add dynamism and is much better defensively than Eriksen.

I would also imagine with the new keeper; we would be playing a lot higher up the pitch so our midfield won't be as deep as last season anyway.

SATA

His qualities and the fact that he always wanted to come here and play for us will make him a top hit at United. I'm delighted

Now get out the flight trackers!

Crimson King

Exactly!

I totally agree, so many posters on here are stuck in a doom loop. If supporting Manchester United seriously makes you that unhappy, then you should just stop.

I get that there are a lot of valid criticisms to be made at the club right now, but there's also a lot to be positive about. I'm sick of going into a thread and just seeing a wall of negativity. Why do people feel the urge to post the same pessimistic bollocks over and over again?! It just devolves into petty sniping. It's incredibly childish and petulant.

I also don't like how Utd fans have started to be the primary source and fuel for most of this negative PR. Journos are getting away with writing absolute horseshit, spinning every tiny story into a tapestry of failure, when most if it is just hyperbole or outright lies. But because of this negative mindset, pretty much every Utd fan with a Twitter account buys into it and just perpetuates the bullshit.

Honestly, the club can't win at the moment, even when it does occasionally get something right. It's a far cry from the siege mentality 'feck what everyone else things' days of the Fergie years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just need to get Antony up from a consistent 3/10 to a solid 5/10 now
Yeah I think the hype of De Jong, De Ligt and Van De Beek all showed Ten Hags ability.

They have all been less as hyped up after their Ajax phase - for example whilst de Jong is still good, Barcelona don’t seem that bothered about selling him for example - because he has been good just not as great as they first thought or people initially thought he would be.

I think Ten Hag can improve certain players but not exactly everyone either - it just has to be seen who does and who doesn’t.

pacifictheme

Just did a quick comparison of mount and havertz in the PL for Chelsea as they have both just been sold for similar money.

Mount has 0.36 g&a per 90, havertz 0.4.

Havertz is considerably better for goals (0.29 to mounts 0.16) but mount is better at assist (0.20 compared to 0.11 for havertz).

Considering how much higher havertz generally plays I would say that's not bad at all.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We held many cards, but we're Man United, haggling over pennies is beneath us. 55m is a fair number for everyone I suppose.
55M would be "pennies" if Mount had 2.5 / 3 years of contract left. It's a fair value for his talent, if we're going in that direction, but in terms of economics logic it's not a bargain because they are selling an asset that was almost reaching the maturity date without guarantees of return.

TheLord

55+5m in fees and his wages have been bumped from 80,000 pw to 250,000 pw, potentially rising to 300,000 pw with bonuses.

That's approximately 125m over a five year period on a proven English player with a reasonable resale value. Good business by both sides, I reckon.

cyberman

55M would be "pennies" if Mount had 2.5 / 3 years of contract left. It's a fair value for his talent, if we're going in that direction, but in terms of economics logic it's not a bargain because they are selling an asset that was almost reaching the maturity date without guarantees of return.
Are there many examples of 24 year olds with his profile having one year left on their contracts going for cheaper?
Maybe I’m wrong but it’s not often someone so young is in this position.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah I think the hype of De Jong, De Ligt and Van De Beek all showed Ten Hags ability.

They have all been less as hyped up after their Ajax phase - for example whilst de Jong is still good, Barcelona don’t seem that bothered about selling him for example - because he has been good just not as great as they first thought or people initially thought he would be.

I think Ten Hag can improve certain players but not exactly everyone either - it just has to be seen who does and who doesn’t.
De Jong and De Ligt weren't hype though. The reason Barca didn't care about losing FDJ is because they've got Gavi and Pedri already. If they didn't have both, they'd be a lot more bothered.

De Ligt was a massive talent even before ETH. He started the Europa League final against us in 2017 as a teenager.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Let me add some context his stats at the time were amazing because he played over 100 games for Chelsea in those 2 seasons
2011-12 54 games 12g 20a
2012-13 64 games 19g 35a

He was their main set piece taker at the time just like Mount was their main set piece taker
I am aware he played so many matches which in itself is impressive. And the stats were still great.

Seveneric

I totally agree, so many posters on here are stuck in a doom loop. If supporting Manchester United seriously makes you that unhappy, then you should just stop.
On a whole, I'd say it's easier to quit redcafe, or put people on ignore, than it is to stop supporting United. So, maybe you and the others whose quality of life is being affected due to negativity might consider that?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De Jong and De Ligt weren't hype though. The reason Barca didn't care about losing FDJ is because they've got Gavi and Pedri already. If they didn't have both, they'd be a lot more bothered.

De Ligt was a massive talent even before ETH. He started the Europa League final against us in 2017 as a teenager.
So what about Van De Beek?

Ten Hag is a top coach literally changing players positions and coaching them.

Martinez at Ajax? I’m not saying he was shit - but did Ten Hag not improve him?

What about Rashford this season? Wan Bissaka whether to be sold or not has improved a lot to do so.

Dalot for half the season?

Even De Gea for how shit he was still tried his best to play like a sweeper keeper even if he was crap at it.

Garanacho also obviously has natural talent - but neither was this season that passed just from natural talent, it was also from Ten Hag’s coaching of him.

Lindelof went from someone no one was that bothered about to someone many people think has become a good back up that can compete with our starting line.

Watch how players like Ziyech looked at Ajax vs Chelsea - surely the league is different but the way Ten Hag had them playing had a whole different level of hype around them.

De Ligt, Dest, De Jong, Ziyech,Onana and VDB’s hype went up a whole different level after Ajax’s semi final run in the CL - 3’rds left that transfer window. Was that run in the CL purely due to player ability or was some of it being improved by Ten Hag?

He does improve players - just because he didn’t improve Maguire, Mctominay or even Sancho doesn’t rule off that ability.

Erik the Red

Just did a quick comparison of mount and havertz in the PL for Chelsea as they have both just been sold for similar money.

Mount has 0.36 g&a per 90, havertz 0.4.

Havertz is considerably better for goals (0.29 to mounts 0.16) but mount is better at assist (0.20 compared to 0.11 for havertz).

Considering how much higher havertz generally plays I would say that's not bad at all.
I was about to tell you not to twist statistics by comparing a striker to a midfielder, but you make a good point, Mount the midfielder had as many goal involvements as a striker, in addition to his other midfield duties.

Skills

Snitch
So what about Van De Beek?

Ten Hag is a top coach literally changing players positions and coaching them.

Martinez at Ajax? I’m not saying he was shit - but did Ten Hag not improve him?

What about Rashford this season? Wan Bissaka whether to be sold or not has improved a lot to do so.

Dalot for half the season?

Even De Gea for how shit he was still tried his best to play like a sweeper keeper even if he was crap at it.

Garanacho also obviously has natural talent - but neither was this season that passed just from natural talent, it was also from Ten Hag’s coaching of him.

Lindelof went from someone no one was that bothered about to someone many people think has become a good back up that can compete with our starting line.

Watch how players like Ziyech looked at Ajax vs Chelsea - surely the league is different but the way Ten Hag had them playing had a whole different level of hype around them.

De Ligt, Dest, De Jong, Ziyech,Onana and VDB’s hype went up a whole different level after Ajax’s semi final run in the CL - 3’rds left that transfer window. Was that run in the CL purely due to player ability or was some of it being improved by Ten Hag?

He does improve players - just because he didn’t improve Maguire, Mctominay or even Sancho doesn’t rule off that ability.
I'm not trying to argue he's a good coach who improves his players - which is why I didn't mention VdB.

It's disingenuous to call FDJ and De Ligt hype to just make ETH look better. They weren't - De Ligt was a well established player before ETH, and a mega talent. FDJ is still a very good player for Barcelona.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
55+5m in fees and his wages have been bumped from 80,000 pw to 250,000 pw, potentially rising to 300,000 pw with bonuses.
This is the sheer stupidity that we never seem to learn.
I'm all for Mount and I think the fee is ok too, but why are we more than doubling the salary of a player that wants to join?
Then we whinge about reducing the wage bill and sailing close to FFP.

We did the same with Antony, and Sancho, and Maguire......etc etc....

Skills

Snitch
I'm all for Mount and I think the fee is ok too, but why are we more than doubling the salary of a player that wants to join?

This is where you're getting a bit wrong. The reason he's on the market is that him and Chelsea couldn't agree on the wages he wanted Vs what they were willing to offer.

cyberman

Who at the club is whinging?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Everybody is of course entitled to their own opinion and as I said it wasn't about your one post, just the state of the caf as a whole.

You can't deny the constant moaning and negativity here, it's tiring.
It’s everywhere online and not just here, had one poster on here have a go about a post I made and I just let it go, no point feeding into it, would become part of the problem.
Healthy debate is always good but seems to be everyone is trying to make the other person look as silly as possible, insulting them in the process.

erikcred

Exactly. So why should Mount accept less?

Status
Not open for further replies.