Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil You Know

Warming to this more and more be interesting to see how he and Bruno would fit in the same team.
What's most impressive is the way he always seems to know what he's going to do next before he even receives the ball.

If you watch each clip, his first touch is often perfectly placed because he knows exactly which way to go in order have the best chance to pick a creative pass. He even manages to do it on the run, which is doubly impressive.

That ability to have a picture in his head of everything on the pitch is what separates the "elite" players from the merely "very good". I don't think we've had that in the team since Rooney left. I'd love it if he could do that consistently.

I'll admit I haven't always rated him because of his performances for England. I can't quite figure out why he looks so bad at international level, though. "Southgate" is the obvious answer. But there must be something more to it than that.

OmarUnited4ever

My initial thoughts were that we did not need him, that was me thinking, that we needed a player who can dictate play from deep, distribute balls and help Cas in defense, someone like Kroos in style, but now, I can see why EtH signed Mount, Mount + Bruno will be the 2 high energy 8s/10s who will have the responsibility to create chances and score while providing defensive solidity in terms of high pressing and work-rate.

Happy to see us get a quality player like Mount, he achieved plenty and is still only 24 and has a lot ahead of him, I am confident he will do well under EtH.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What's most impressive is the way he always seems to know what he's going to do next before he even receives the ball.

If you watch each clip, his first touch is often perfectly placed because he knows exactly which way to go in order have the best chance to pick a creative pass. He even manages to do it on the run, which is doubly impressive.

That ability to have a picture in his head of everything on the pitch is what separates the "elite" players from the merely "very good". I don't think we've had that in the team since Rooney left. I'd love it if he could do that consistently.

I'll admit I haven't always rated him because of his performances for England. I can't quite figure out why he looks so bad at international level, though. "Southgate" is the obvious answer. But there must be something more to it than that.
That's because it's a highlight video showing his best moments. There are lowlight videos which will make him look like a donkey.

He is much better ball carrier than I thought, I think upgrade on Bruno and Eriksen on ball carrying ability for sure.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This signing is like a bad dream.

1. Does not improve the first team
  2. Does not have a real position
  3. Isn't consistent
  4. Highest level is only slightly above average
  5. He's never been a CM
I've not been this underwhelmed by a signing since Antonio Valencia.
Well thank feck for that because Valencia turned out to be an absolute beast for the first 3 years and followed up by decent performances after that despite playing as RB.

roonster09

Scout
Since there was this comparison, Mount's 2021-22 season vs Szob's last season, also Mount this season vs Szob using CM template and then Mount's 2021-22 vs MacAllister.

Mount is underappreciated.

erikcred

I think that's going a bit overboard about a basic skill for a PL player. It's not like the other players first receive the ball and then spend some time figuring out which way the opposition goal is.

If anything Mount perfectly fits the definition of "very good" rather than "elite". But I'd rather have 38 weeks of "very good" from him than 10 weeks of "elite" and 28 weeks of shite.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Watching his clips, the more likely he'll be taking the most advance midfield role (Bruno's), and Bruno is taking Eriksen's, instead of the other way around.

Still ruing that we missed out on Rabiot, as then we could have much greater combo options and quality in midfield.

Devil You Know

I think that's going a bit overboard about a basic skill for a PL player. It's not like the other players first receive the ball and then spend some time figuring out which way the opposition goal is.

If anything Mount perfectly fits the definition of "very good" rather than "elite". But I'd rather have 38 weeks of "very good" from him than 10 weeks of "elite" and 28 weeks of shite.
Sancho

pacifictheme

Since there was this comparison, Mount's 2021-22 season vs Szob's last season, also Mount this season vs Szob using CM template and then Mount's 2021-22 vs MacAllister.

Mount is underappreciated.

These links don't work for me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You can't have read any of the reports about this then over the past few months.
It's so easy to say players join a rival club because of money though. In fact most of them were painted that way by the media. However if there's no ownership switch and no dozen of new players at Chelsea, it's hard to imagine Mount leaving regardless of better salary at another club, let alone when that club is United where success is not guaranteed.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's so easy to say players join a rival club because of money though. In fact most of them were painted that way by the media. However if there's no ownership switch and no dozen of new players at Chelsea, it's hard to imagine Mount leaving regardless of better salary at another club, let alone when that club is United where success is not guaranteed.
Every report about Mount for the past 6 months was that he wanted more money than was being offered by Chelsea.

I would've certainly preferred that we'd paid him (because I'm a big fan) what he wanted.

Where did you read that we offered more money than you? I've genuinely not seen that anywhere.

Tony247

As a top club this kind of transfer you do when you are awash with money you want to spend on squad depth.

I hope after this there is enough money left for strikers.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Every report about Mount for the past 6 months was that he wanted more money than was being offered by Chelsea.

I would've certainly preferred that we'd paid him (because I'm a big fan) what he wanted.

Where did you read that we offered more money than you? I've genuinely not seen that anywhere.
I didn't say you offered more money. I simply said there's no way money is the main reason why he's leaving regardless of reports. It's the state of Chelsea that forced him to. Too many players, too many changes in the club.

Widow

This signing is like a bad dream.

1. Does not improve the first team
  2. Does not have a real position
  3. Isn't consistent
  4. Highest level is only slightly above average
  5. He's never been a CM
I've not been this underwhelmed by a signing since Antonio Valencia.
Wow, it's not often that a post is wrong on every level, congratulations for that.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This forum is absolutely hilarious. Mount has been terrorised on here for being overrated, terrible etc etc…

Now he’s under-appreciated, technically sound etc etc.

:lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
but now, I can see why EtH signed Mount, Mount + Bruno will be the 2 high energy 8s/10s who will have the responsibility to create chances and score while providing defensive solidity in terms of high pressing and work-rate.
Yeh I think that’s exactly why ETH wanted him. He seems to be the best option for that kind of role.

roonster09

Scout
I hope this will increase the value of Mount in the eyes of people here.
It won't because apparently player wanted by multiple good managers means nothing.

David Ornstein also reported that Mount was one of the 3 top transfer targets for Arsenal and this was reported in April or May. Lot of reliable reports that Klopp wanted him (I think David Ornstein reported that).

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We've had mixed results over the years shopping from the bottom half clubs but hopefully he can handle the step up.

redcucumber

This forum is absolutely hilarious. Mount has been terrorised on here for being overrated, terrible etc etc…

Almost like the forum with thousand of users isn't a monolith. I've never been particularly keen on him, but I'm not going to assume that everybody has always had the same opinion as me.

Kramer

Sorry if you’ve answered this before. please forgive me.

But what about him made you a big fan as a Chelsea supporter? What are his best attributes in terms of influencing games?

He doesn’t seem to be the kind of player to change games by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.