Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

My inner Muppet is very much not excited about this one. But maybe im just missing something

Licha M

I don't really buy the narrative that he can't even get in the Chelsea team, so he's gash.

I wouldn't judge any one player on the car crash of a season Chelsea have had, whether they're in the team or not.

He was a big part of a team that did well under Tuchel, and in the 21/22 season played 33 league games and scored 11 goals. That's a decent return from a midfielder. That Tuchel is after him for Bayern speaks of how highly he thinks of him. Similar can be said of Klopp. He won Chelsea's player of the year in both 20/21 and 21/22, he hasn't turned into a bad player all of a sudden.

He's not a player to blow half of your budget on, especially when we're in such dire need of a striker, but if we can get him for a somewhat decent fee, I'd be for it. We need more goals from midfield, one league goal from Eriksen is not good enough, and Mount has energy and legs that would help with the managers pressing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

luke511

Kind of makes sense if we're offloading Fred and McTominay. He's basically an upgrade on Fred that takes over #8 spot from Eriksen.
But we still need another midfielder to cover for Casemiro. Anyway, I don't mind getting Mount. I think he will help us massively.
Caicedo or Rice would be a much wiser replacement for Fred, given his role. If there's funds left over we could potentially get a scouted DLP to replace Eriksen, instead of Mount who isn't a DLP either.

Silas

What qualities does he bring that we're missing? He's not especially creative, press-resistant or adept at controlling the tempo. Praying this falls through. Is our new scout system not in place yet?

lex talionis

And Mourinho.

Ex-Chelsea rarely shine at Man United. I think Ray Wilkins was the last one to go well.
Mata and Matic were actually great buys. Age caught up to them. Mismanagement by Moyes and Van Gaal in particular fekked Mata, admittedly the second of two panic buys by Moyes, by far the most insane acquisition by United.

Mastoness

To play diamond, you need two of the CM to be very high energy and stamina that can run all day because they will cover lot of ground on the width due to no wingers like Seedorf and Gattutso. We are fecked if you play Eriksen in there. Mount should play in Eriksen‘s position, Bruno should play in Mount’s position. While may be Casemiro should play in Eriksen role like Gattutso. And finally May be Eriksen to play in Casemiro role like Pirlo.
Maybe it could work if diamond is used in the defensive phase:

Frimpong - CB - Martinez - Shaw

-------Bruno - Casemiro - Rabiot

-------------------Mount

-----------------ST - Rashford

When in attacking phase set up wcould be 3-2-3-2 something like this:

-----------CB - Martinez - Shaw

------------Casemiro - Rabiot

--------Frimpong - Bruno - Mount

-----------------ST - Rashford

Or 3-2-4-1 with Rashford on the left flank and Frimpong on the right to get some additional pace if needed.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
What qualities does he bring that we're missing? He's not especially creative, press-resistant or adept at controlling the tempo. Praying this falls through. Is our new scout system not in place yet?
And where does he even play if he wants Rice as well? RW? I'm so confused.

SinNombre

Is there any United fan who would be excited by a Mount signing?

There are no qualities at the highest level, might as well just keep Fred.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is there any United fan who would be excited by a Mount signing?

There are no qualities at the highest level, might as well just keep Fred.
Most United fans wanted to get rid of Rashford (I think about 75% of this forum).

It's not Man United fans in particular either, most fans are pretty much clueless about scouting players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Guarantee if he went to Liverpool and teared it up and became a shrewd signing, most of the CAF would complain to high heaven that the scouts United have are shit, everyone is shit and why can't we make these type of signings.

GlasgowCeltic

Guarantee if he went to Liverpool and teared it up and became a shrewd signing, most of the CAF would complain to high heaven that the scouts United have are shit, everyone is shit and why can't we make these type of signings.
he’s not going to “tear it up” anywhere

SinNombre

Most United fans wanted to get rid of Rashford (I think about 75% of this forum).

It's not Man United fans in particular either, most fans are pretty much clueless about scouting players.
United fans want to get rid of most United players and overrate every player from an outside club.

Mount doesn’t play for United, and still has no fans?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
he’s not going to “tear it up” anywhere
I'll give you Jota as an example of being an arguably mediocre player moving to a different club and exceeding all expectations.

If it was Neves instead of Mount, I reckon most people would talk a lot more positively about this potential transfer.

hobbers

Macallister a far better player - going to Liverpool.
Lavia a far better prospect - will go to Chelsea for half the fee we'll end up paying for Mount.

Mount will probably cost us as much as Macallister. And the only beneficiaries will be Chelsea.

Terrible transfer deal for us from all angles. Maguire/AWB vibes

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Thank you for saying this. One of the top threads in this forum was “Rashford; new contract or sell?”, and most wanted to sell. I think “clueless” is even generous. Most fans are knee jerk morons who take 99% of their player opinions from highlights packages and boil down entire careers to the most recent 90 minutes.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Don’t call me a tit

And I know exactly what will happen, he’ll stay and likely sign a new deal. I’d come back to you on it and you’d hide like a little bitch
Bookmarked.

Lavia a far better prospect - will go to Chelsea for half the fee we'll end up paying for Mount.

Mount will probably cost us as much as Macallister. And the only beneficiaries will be Chelsea.

Terrible transfer deal for us from all angles. Maguire/AWB vibes
1) Hasn't happened yet.
2) Hasn't happened yet either and have yet to even see any links to it. Stop making shite up.

Really don't understand the negativity around this and if we sign him, hope he proves everyone wrong.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Depressing, if true. So many other midfielders out there, and we are going after Mount. He is just so average. Please, Poch, do us a favor and convince him to stay.
Have you really watched him play? Have you really looked at how he can contribute to both the defensive and attacking phases of play? Depressing? Really? Come on now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Assuming he effectively plays in Eriksen's place as these reports suggest, he would upgrade our midfield in terms of energy and pressing ability while maintaining sufficient technical ability to do a lot of the things Eriksen currently does.

GlasgowCeltic

I'll give you Jota as an example of being an arguably mediocre player moving to a different club and exceeding all expectations.

If it was Neves instead of Mount, I reckon most people would talk a lot more positively about this potential transfer.
none of those players are good enough to be starters for a Man Utd side that wants to challenge, Jota is a Liverpool squaddie

hobbers

1) Hasn't happened yet.
2) Hasn't happened yet either and have yet to even see any links to it. Stop making shite up.

Really don't understand the negativity around this and if we sign him, hope he proves everyone wrong.
Nothing has happened yet. Everything is obviously hypothetical.

The negativity is because we're all now so used to signing overpriced English players who are obviously poor signings before they even arrive. And Mount is in an even worse position than Maguire/Sancho because he's already an outcast from a truly terrible Chelsea team. For the money Chelsea will demand this deal is lunacy.

Drizzle

Genuinely don't think Mac Allister is better than Mount. They're on a similar level. Good but nothing more than that.

Lavia plays in a different position and is nowhere near ready to start for us. I'm not sure if he's that good from the games I've seen him in.

GlasgowCeltic

if Utd sign Mount I give it a season before the “should we try Mount at fullback” posts pop up

NoLogo

Prime example of a totally overrated player because he is English. Even during his best times under Tuchel he looked bog average to me and we truly have enough average players of our own, on top of that he plays the same position as Bruno

RickRudesDong

Bookmarked.

1) Hasn't happened yet.

The negativity is that we're linked with a pretty average and quite boring player and other teams are linked with better ones. Why would anyone be positive about that?

And why are you showing loyalty to a player we don't even own :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.