Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Not a fan of this signing really unless it's a very cheap squad signing, he'd basically be an upgrade on Van De Beek. His best position is Bruno's position.

Don't see a midfield of Casemiro-Mount-Bruno being particularly great.

There's 2 profiles of partner for Casemiro, a FDJ type with exceptional technical abiltiy as a deep lying playmaker, or someone with the physical qualities and engine to cover for Casemiro's potential ageing legs, like a Caicedo. The dream scenario we'd sign both types. Don't see how Mount's qualities fit into either of those profiles though.

He's a player who seems to just let games drift given the position he plays in he's meant to be a difference maker. To play what is fundamentally an attacking role in an elite side, you need some serious talent and/or productivity, it's not enough to be "functional".
No we could utilise Mount for his flexibility to play many different positions,however we still need a DLP or engine as well. Like you say ideally both buy that's not happening

jackal&hyde

Why would a manager waste his time scouting a player he could never afford when there’s many other players in lower leagues he could scout and easily afford?
It's not about scouting. Managers, before being that, are football fans. I would not be surprised at all if most managers in Europe at decent level clubs could make a fairly comprehensive rapport of the players from Manchester United, Cheaty, Liverpool, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc. They would see this teams playing a lot not for scouting reasons but for enjoying the game reasons.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Costa
Frimpong-Kim- Martinez-Shaw
Casemiro
Eriksen-Bruno
Mount
Kane-Rashford

Return of the diamond & the unamed, Rice covers or plays alongside Casemiro.Single sub of mount for winger changes to 433 & vice versa.​

luke511

Costa
Casemiro
Eriksen-Bruno
Mount
Kane-Rashford

Return of the diamond & the unamed, Rice covers or plays alongside Casemiro.Single sub of mount for winger changes to 433 & vice versa.​
feck this

mu4c_20le

Costa
Casemiro
Eriksen-Bruno
Mount
Kane-Rashford

Don't even need to sub actually, Rashy can just drop back and it becomes 433.

Prodigal7

Costa
Casemiro
Eriksen-Bruno
Mount
Kane-Rashford

The only midfield player even slightly suited to this formation is Casemiro. We'd be much better going with a 433 and taking out one of Erikson, Bruno or Mount.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Don't even need to sub actually, Rashy can just drop back and it becomes 433.
Ten hag seems to really rate Mount & his flexibility/versatility.
Mount can play as a false LW&RW behind 2 strikers like Kane & Rashford - turning a striker partnership in to a front 3 just from mount leading the' pressing which kane cant do.

Last edited:

Red-17

Not as good on the ball is an understatement though, that's the issue for me. There's a real drop off in technicians in the middle of the park when Eriksen doesn't play.
Passing and creativity wise its absolutely not a question, but Eriksen is a pretty poor dribbler/carrier of the ball and Mount is actually pretty decent at it, doesn't get pushed off the ball half as easily.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Costa
Casemiro
Eriksen-Bruno
Mount
Kane-Rashford

Bruno and Mount should be swapped around.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Passing and creativity wise its absolutely not a question, but Eriksen is a pretty poor dribbler/carrier of the ball and Mount is actually pretty decent at it, doesn't get pushed off the ball half as easily.
Agreed, but it's really not the glowing endorsement needed to warrant a big transfer. You could say that about a lot of players in the prem.

OrcaFat

These possibilities are what you consider when debating the merits of promoting Hannibal not really sensible for a potential £55m outlay, makes no sense when you could just buy a ready made CM who does all that.
He does do all that. Unless you mean buy a ready made CM who is as good as Eriksen on the ball and as good as Mount off the ball - if so, yes (!) let’s buy that guy. Who is he and is he available?

mav_9me

He does do all that. Unless you mean buy a ready made CM who is as good as Eriksen on the ball and as good as Mount off the ball - if so, yes (!) let’s buy that guy. Who is he and is he available?
I mean Caicedo is available. Worth the extra.

mav_9me

Not an alternative to Mount though. Caicedo would be an alternative to Rice. Rice being priced at 120m.
For the position beside Casemiro I think he is a great option.

He’s nowhere close to Eriksen on the ball though. However, I like him and he might work.
Hard to find someone good on the ball with good defensive work. What you lose on the ball with Caicedo you get from his off the ball play and his pressing and press resistance

Ronaldinho's snakebite

Was just watching Ornstein on Sky Sports News and he said Chelsea have until June 30th to sell players as they’re in need due to FFP and homegrown players work out as 100% profit on the balance sheet so it’s Chelsea that need to push deals through quickly rather than us.

I struggle to see who Chelsea can realistically move on to generate money for FFP as like us they offer big wages which make it hard to move players on but with June 30th a month away their need will get greater to sell, they might want £50-£60 million but they won’t get it and if we’re patient with this whilst working on our own needs i.e a striker, partner for Casemiro and a keeper we could go in for Mount nearer the June 30th deadline and get him cheap especially if he wants to join us as Ornstein said.
I think they have some players they can sell for decent fees. Pusic- 20m, Gallagher- 30m,Mount-50m, zyech- 15m, rlc-15m, kova also wants to leave, I think united should be in for kova. He'd be a good partner to casemiro.

Ronaldinho's snakebite

No we could utilise Mount for his flexibility to play many different positions,however we still need a DLP or engine as well. Like you say ideally both buy that's not happening
Mount is a good player, nothing special. But If I'm to buy any available payer in the Chelsea team, I'd take kova.

izec

He is bang average, your typical overhyped English player.

We also dont need a joker or a utility man for 60m or whatever that is not good enough to start on the wing, 10 or CM. Dont see the purpose of him.

If he was on a free or for a low fee, fair enough. But to splurge a big chunk on him is just ridiculous.

OrcaFat

He is a poor man’s Pedro and club football has moved past Pedros.
He’s nothing like Pedro; he has a look of being a poor man’s somebody but I’m not sure who. He’s like a rich man’s DVdB. Not rich, okay, a comfortable man’s Donny.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is bang average, your typical overhyped English player.

We also dont need a joker or a utility man for 60m or whatever that is not good enough to start on the wing, 10 or CM. Dont see the purpose of him.

If he was on a free or for a low fee, fair enough. But to splurge a big chunk on him is just ridiculous.
If we end up buying you really do have to wonder what we're playing at.

Irwin99

Keane didn't sound too impressed and it's hard to get excited when I personally think Bruno is a far better player than Mount, but people have said he can be a versatile player and maybe EtH can make a great player out of him in a different position/role? Rice and Kane would be my preferences if we go for domestic players.

I know it's negative but it's worth noting we've not had great luck signing Chelsea players over the years either; Mata and Matic were ok, nothing more, nothing less in their time here.

Prodigal7

Mount is incredibly underrated here. 2 time player of the year in a Chelsea team full of talented players. His numbers the previous two seasons are very impressive. I’d be delighted if he joined.

gajender

Keane didn't sound too impressed and it's hard to get excited when I personally think Bruno is a far better player than Mount, but people have said he can be a versatile player and maybe EtH can make a great player out of him in a different position/role? Rice and Kane would be my preferences if we go for domestic players.

I know it's negative but it's worth noting we've not had great luck signing Chelsea players over the years either; Mata and Matic were ok, nothing more, nothing less in their time here.
Keane also wants to Move De Gea out quickly and doesn't believe He has been great or United can get anywhere with him in the Goal .

I think he actually is talking lot of sense on both accounts .

Gwhizz

I'm warming to the fact that maybe Mason Mount is one of the many incoming transfers this seasons. Does he change the tide on his own, absolutely not. But does he give us depth that we currently don't have with Fred and Mctominay, yes. I'm just hoping that it's a good deal for our club to allow us funds for additional targets, but the guy can play. He's good on the ball, and clearly and upgrade on what we have. Let's see what else joins him, but for now be excited to get a player that moves the needle

Zoo

Mount is incredibly underrated here. 2 time player of the year in a Chelsea team full of talented players. His numbers the previous two seasons are very impressive. I’d be delighted if he joined.
Yep and I would back Ten Hag to improve him further if he joins.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If he can be got at around 45m, I think he’s be a very sensible addition. Provides additional quality and depth at 8 and 10. Great work rate and technical ability. Think he’d suit the way ETH plays. If, for example, you shift out McTominay and Sabitzer and add an understudy 6, and Mount, I think our midfield options are excellent. He’s the sort of player who would be a seamless cog in the machine. He’s also homegrown and quite young. I like this transfer a lot. I do hope we get him, but I’ll be able to live with it if he goes elsewhere.

Kim Min-Jae at 43m
Mason Mount at 45-50m, and
Harry Kane at 100m

Is 200m spent and this team is a title challenger.

Shifting on Maguire, McTominay and potentially AWB (who I like), will raise important funds but even more importantly, massively increase our FFP capabilities. We’d need to add a RB if we shifted all three. And I think we’d still need a DM to cover for Casemiro. GK can wait another season.

Fullbacks: Dalot, new RB, Shaw, Malacia is a decent, though not World beating mix. I’d love to see us bring in a right back with a genuinely first class delivery from out wide. We’ve lacked that for a long time.

Center backs: Varane, Martínez, Kim, Lindelof. Probably the best CB roster in the league. Some real quality and depth there.

Midfield: Casemiro, new DM, Fred, Eriksen, Mount, Fernandes. Very, very good options, but still one world class playmaker short of the best. Lack of cover at DM. Rice and Mount would be very good, but likely too expensive, so I think it’s Rice or Mount plus a younger DM. I’d choose the latter.

Wide Forwards: Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho, Antony. Very good options. Rashford one of the best players in the league. Garnacho is a game changer and has a huge future in front of him. Antony has a great mentality and work rate and has improved a lot as the season’s gone on. Expect more from him next season. Sancho been a disappointment, but we can’t sell him right now because it’ll hurt our FFP. Shown a little sign of life these last couple of weeks. Have him as back up on the right. Next season make or break for him.

Strikers: Kane and Martial. Kane needs no discussion. World class. Martial needs rhythm to play well so I don’t see him as a great understudy, also injury prone, but I think having too much squad turnover isn’t a good idea, so I suspect he’ll stay one more year. He’s technically gifted no doubt.

Wild Cards: Greenwood - probably won’t play for the club again. Probably shouldn’t play for the club again. But if he does, he’ll likely take Martial’s role as understudy CF. More likely to move abroad. Amad - could see him being the 25th man and potentially competing with Antony for the RW spot. Bags of talent, but I suspect a PL loan for him will be strongly considered. If he can get to a midtable PL club and become a regular starter, then he’ll be ready to come back to United and vie for a starting role. Pellestri - Lots to like with him, but needs games. A PL loan to a progressively coached club like Brentford or Brighton would be ideal. But the West Ham’s of this world should also apply.

Others: Hannibal - lots to like. Needs a PL loan this time. Mainoo - u23 plus first team training for another year. Fernandez - another loan. Preferably top end of Championship or PL. Quality player. Weghorst - just not good enough. Great attitude, but a striker has to score goals, and zero from him is an embarrassment.

Issues: In an ideal world we’d bring in a De Jong/Verratti/Barella type #8 and a good reserve DM. Realistically none of those are coming. And I think we need to be sensible. There is also no guarantee Levy can be negotiated with. Unlikely Kane will sign a new deal and common sense says getting 100m for a 30 year old makes good sense, but Levy will see Kane joining United as a humiliation, so not banking on it. If we don’t get Kane, I think we’ll need two strikers. Ideally I’d also love a world class RB but I don’t see any realistic options for that.

The Hope: We operate sensibly to fill the gaps in the squad and buy players who are mostly fairly young (Kane excepted) and suited for the roles ETH needs. I’d love us to use our new data department to unearth a couple of gems.

The spectre in the room: The Glazers, the ownership situation, Neymar.

cyberman

Keane also wants to Move De Gea out quickly and doesn't believe He has been great or United can get anywhere with him in the Goal .

I think he actually is talking lot of sense on both accounts .
To be fair Ten Hag is a better judge of player than Keane is

Status
Not open for further replies.