Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I just find it weird how the best right back in the world can’t get a regular spot for England or fails to make the best RB in the league continuously. But I’m supposed to be delusional for someone thinking another Chelsea regular wants to be in the same wages.
This is a very odd way to evaluate players. Gareth Southgate is the authoritative arbiter of player quality now?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I just find it weird how the best right back in the world can’t get a regular spot for England or fails to make the best RB in the league continuously. But I’m supposed to be delusional for someone thinking another Chelsea regular wants to be in the same wages.
Who said he was the best right back in the world? Nobody in this thread. "arguably one of the best" was the quote you responded to, which is not an outrageous claim.

And what do you mean by "fails to make the best RB in the league continuously"?

Mainoldo

This is a very odd way to evaluate players. Gareth Southgate is the authoritative arbiter of player quality now?
If you’re good you’re good. Regardless of what Southgate thinks. Name a player that has was good and was overlooked.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Is James even at his best as a right back? Might be a big claim for someone that's often a wing back. It's a slightly different game. Comparable but not exactly the same.
If anything he's worse as a wing back. Our near comeback against Real Madrid in the CL QF last year was mostly because he went from RWB to RB to better isolate and deal with Vinicius.

Mainoldo

Who said he was the best right back in the world? Nobody in this thread.

And what do you mean by "fails to make the best RB in the league continuously"?
Well what’s the argument then? He’s on big wages and another player who’s contributed as much to the team as he has wants similar wages. That was my only argument.

The fact people said this was weird made me believe the RB was world class and the other player was medi.

Abraxas

If anything he's worse as a wing back. Our near comeback against Real Madrid in the CL QF last year was mostly because he went from RWB to RB to better isolate and deal with Vinicius.
I don't really have a strong opinion on the world's best right backs I have to say. Seems a fairly shallow pool. I just thought you played wing backs most of the time.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If you’re good you’re good. Regardless of what Southgate thinks. Name a player that has was good and was overlooked.
Are you referring to James not making the WC squad this past year as some sort of smoking gun? You do realise he was injured, right?

Southgate obviously rates him. As does anyone with half a brain - he's very very clearly better than Mount.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Well what’s the argument then? He’s on big wages and another player who’s contributed as much to the team as he has wants similar wages. That was my only argument.

The fact people said this was weird made me believe the RB was world class and the other player was medi.
Again, arguing that Mount is as important as James is to Chelsea is nonsense. James is comfortably better and more important.

Mainoldo

Are you referring to James not making the WC squad this past year as some sort of smoking gun? You do realise he was injured, right?

Southgate obviously rates him. As does anyone with half a brain - he's very very clearly better than Mount.
I know he was. But he doesn’t play over Walker regardless which is my point.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

The argument is that James is better than Mount and probably deserves more money.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don't really have a strong opinion on the world's best right backs I have to say. Seems a fairly shallow pool. I just thought you played wing backs most of the time.
Yeah we have done for the past couple years - but that isn't down to Reece being incapable at RB. During the Madrid tie, Loftus-Cheek played in front of James just so the latter could deal with Vini 1v1 - Christensen was a disaster there for the first half of the first leg.

Mainoldo

Again, arguing that Mount is as important as James is to Chelsea is nonsense. James is comfortably better and more important.
I really don’t care. My argument is James is on big wages and if I was an agent there is nothing James has done for Chelsea which declares my client Mason Mount should not be on the same/similar wages.

Everything anyone else is saying is irrelevant and personal opinion.

OmarUnited4ever

The problem with this setup is
Casemiro is a limited passwr
Our right backs aren’t particularly great on the ball

You’d basically need a Lahmesque fullback who along with Shaw would take the playmaking pressure off Casemiero. Feels like a lot of trouble to create a new problem.
Even though I disagree with you when you say Cas is a limited passer, but even if he is limited passer, playing alongside two 8s will take the pressure of creating chances off Cas just like it was for him playing alongside Modric and Kroos.

I am not saying Mount is a great passer or anything like that, I am only pointing out that Casemiro can focus on his DM role if he plays behind two 8s who can pass the ball.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I really don’t care. My argument is James is on big wages and if I was an agent there is nothing James has done for Chelsea which declares my client Mason Mount should not be on the same/similar wages.

Everything anyone else is saying is irrelevant and personal opinion.
James is comfortably the better player and deserves to be paid more. It really isn't complicated.

Is he better than Hakimi and Kyle Walker?
Yes, he's better than both of them. James' issue is solely staying fit. He's a lot better going forward than Walker and a lot better defensively than Hakimi.

mu4c_20le

The argument is that James is better than Mount and probably deserves more money.
He just injured his hamstring again, for the fifth time in his career. At 250k he's looking to be your own Martial.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He just injured his hamstring again, for the fifth time in his career. At 250k he's looking to be your own Martial.
I mean that is a ludicrous comparison. He's very obviously among the best in the world at his position - has Martial ever even been the best striker in any squad he's been a part of?

Abraxas

I get the argument that if you're Mount and you've come through the system with James and both "made it", both been good performers for Chelsea then it would be a little surprising to be getting substantially less. From a players and agents point of view that would always be a point of contention. That's how these things tend to work. You can guarantee agents are across all the detail kicking up a fuss when anything is not quite in line.

If the figures are true, it sounds to me a bit like James is getting a wee bit too much for a right back that does pick up injuries and Mount is probably underpaid based on his performance a couple of seasons ago.

I rather hope we don't want to give him 250k if we get him. There's probably some kind of medium between the two figures that would make a bit more sense for Mount's standing in the game. He's a good player but not exactly a proven winner, a hugely established international player that's done well at that level, or one of the PL's top performers over a period which to me are the kind of benchmarks where I want to be paying 250k plus. I think I'd want to give him a deal that provides incentive for him becoming those things.

Mainoldo

James is comfortably the better player and deserves to be paid more. It really isn't complicated.

Yes, he's better than both of them. James' issue is solely staying fit. He's a lot better going forward than Walker and a lot better defensively than Hakimi.
It’s not complicated at all. He’s on stupid wages and players better than him like Walker and Hakimi earn less. But yet we are arguing a player ‘we don’t like’ who is as important as him for his team shouldn’t be close to him on wages.

It’s bizarre and driven by hate. It’s like prefer Martial over Rashford and deciding Rashford shouldn’t be earning nowhere near Martial because you believe Martial is the better player.

They had a wage policy and have tried to change it for Mount, which he doesn’t agree with. So he’s going. It’s pretty simple.

Mainoldo

I get the argument that if you're Mount and you've come through the system with James and both "made it", both been good performers for Chelsea then it would be a little surprising to be getting substantially less. From a players and agents point of view that would always be a point of contention. That's how these things tend to work. You can guarantee agents are across all the detail kicking up a fuss when anything is not quite in line.

If the figures are true, it sounds to me a bit like James is getting a wee bit too much for a right back that does pick up injuries and Mount is probably underpaid based on his performance a couple of seasons ago.

I rather hope we don't want to give him 250k if we get him. There's probably some kind of medium between the two figures that would make a bit more sense for Mount's standing in the game. He's a good player but not exactly a proven winner, a hugely established international player that's done well at that level, or one of the PL's top performers over a period which to me are the kind of benchmarks where I want to be paying 250k plus. I think I'd want to give him a deal that provides incentive for him becoming those things.
Atleast you get it. It’s been hard trying to get this point across to others.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not complicated at all. He’s on stupid wages and players better than him like Walker and Hakimi earn less. But yet we are arguing a player ‘we don’t like’ who is as important as him for his team shouldn’t be close to him on wages.

It’s bizarre and driven by hate. It’s like prefer Martial over Rashford and deciding Rashford shouldn’t be earning nowhere near Martial because you believe Martial is the better player.

They had a wage policy and have tried to change it for Mount, which he doesn’t agree with. So he’s going. It’s pretty simple.
:lol:

You keep arguing that Mount is as important as James. This is completely incorrect. The premise of your entire argument is wrong.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Mount was offered a comparable contract. He rejected it and wanted something far more outlandish, on par with Sterling / Koulibaly / Kante.

Mainoldo

:lol:

You keep arguing that Mount is as important as James. This is completely incorrect. The premise of your entire argument is wrong.
You telling he isn’t is an opinion piece. If I was Mount’s argent I would have a good case to disagree.

Abraxas

Mount was offered a comparable contract. He rejected it and wanted something far more outlandish, on par with Sterling / Koulibaly / Kante.
He's probably looking at Koulibaly and thinking he could play centre half better than that. ;)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You telling he isn’t is an opinion piece. If I was Mount’s argent I would have a good case to disagree.
What are you talking about? James and Mount were both offered comparable contracts. James accepted it, Mount didn't. You can't then cite Mount being paid less as somehow being a sign of disrespect from Chelsea when he's the one who turned down being paid the same amount James is.

Eddy_JukeZ

It’s depressing seeing us constantly being linked with him. He will not elevate us to the next level. He’s Mctominay level.
He's much better than McTominay.

I just don't know if he's good enough to be our first choice midfielder.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
James is clearly a better player than Mount and it’s the right thing to do not to give him James’ wages. If someone’s personal opinion is that Mount is as good then it’s just a rubbish opinion.
While Mount is a decent to good player, no matter how much I think about it, he is just not someone we need.

Mainoldo

What are you talking about? James and Mount were both offered comparable contracts. James accepted it, Mount didn't. You can't then cite Mount being paid less as somehow being a sign of disrespect from Chelsea when he's the one who turned down being paid the same amount James is.
He wants what represents fair value to the rest of his teammates or maybe he just wants to leave. Who’s knows. But he isn’t singing for less than £200k a week.

mu4c_20le

Looks like he's taking advantage of the situation over there where you lot are handing out the contracts like candy. Good for him, can't say he hasn't earned it, he's been an important part of your success

Status
Not open for further replies.