Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I didn't expect this level of disdain when opening the thread.

I think he's a good player, albeit having a bad season. At the right price, he'd be a good option.
The right price being a lot lower than the £50m that's been quoted.

He's not better than what we currently have in the 3 midfield positions (double pivot and the AM) and although he'd be a good player to have in the squad, we need better than that right now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's seems to have stagnated, to me. Not sure he's enough of an upgrade for us

Zoo

Not a priority position. Sounds like our name is being used.

slored1

A completely unnecessary target. Good player but what would he do for us? Not a playmaker and not a controller, what's the point then?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like him as a player and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. I don't see us going for him though. He's not a deep playmaker. Ten Hag wants Frenkie, or someone like him, to be the first one receiving the ball, be press resistant, know how to progress the play with his passing and know how to move with the ball through the lines. If the midfielder we are linked with doesn't do that, then I don't believe the link.

I see the Liverpool link. He would do well there IMO. He'd do well under ten hag too, but we have Bruno.

TheLord

He has showed no progress in the last couple of seasons. If anything, he has regressed. Don't know why we'd be after him, except for the price.

Castia

I hope we don’t go for Mount I think he’s shite

*Cockney accent* Mason Mount by Frank Lampard

feck off

Crimson King

It’s in the guardian. It’s more than likely not bollocks
I wouldn't take Steinberg's word as gospel for anything Manchester United related, he's not really that week linked to the club. This feels more like something Mount's agent would have fed him. Mount doesn't even play at the moment, so probably trying to keep him relevant.

I'm sure a lot of teams are looking at Mount due to the fact his contract is running out and so could potentially be a very good deal, in that respect. He's primarily named United to garner more attention though. Liverpool have been linked with him far more than we have recently.

He's also linked us to Kane and Bellingham in the same article, two players every club will be trying to sign, if/when they're available.

Honestly, I really don't think this article means much in the grand scheme of things.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No no no.
Lingard-esque in having no particular stand out qualities.

saivet

It's a no from me. He's an okay player and can cover a few position but I wouldn't have him starting for us. We obviously need to improve our squad but the priority should be on improving the first 11.

HarryP

He's an excellent player, totally underrated by those who don't understand football very well.

He's tactically very astute and has excellent technique. He does need players around him with complimentary profiles though, which has been lacking this season. He was one of the first names on the team sheet for Tuchel.

Smores

He's exactly the type of nothing player we tolerate for years because they've come from the youth before offloading them. It's fine when it's a free youth player filling gaps.

We've got Hannibal and Amad who can come in and fill the above role or prove themselves better.

hobbers

How good is his ball retention compared with Bruno?

Stinks of signing for homegrown quota.

Dannn411

For no transfer fee I would absolutely take him. Any player with that amount of experience at 24 years old is a great squad player to have.

croadyman

For no transfer fee I would absolutely take him. Any player with that amount of experience at 24 years old is a great squad player to have.
Hard pass if it means not signing a controlling CM,also he's not a backup for Casa which we desperately need to bring in after our top two priorities.

Abraxas

I don't even know where he would play for us, even if his recent performances made him more appealing. He's certainly not an option for a deeper midfield role and doesn't convince he could oust anyone we currently have in forward areas. Expensive squad player.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Said for years now that he's the player I'd least want at United

That's a dealbreaker for me. Wouldn't watch any match he starts. McTominay is 10x the player.
Pickford is the worst name we’ve been linked with for me, I’d hate to have to see him at United

Scholsey2004

Its a strange link. I can see why Ten Hag might view him as his kind of player as he's a good presser, has decent pace and contributes in the, attacking third. No way he starts ahead of Fernandes in his best position though. He's pretty average in centre midfield as he's not that good a passer so not exactly a younger Erikaen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't expect this level of disdain when opening the thread.

I think he's a good player, albeit having a bad season. At the right price, he'd be a good option.
He’s not the option we need though. Down the middle what we need is more great passes / playmakers who excel ditctating the game or in tight spaces. Mount is another psuedo midfielder but really an attacker player.

Main quality is intelligence and presssing but I feel we have players who can give us that.

Mainoldo

I think he’s a perfect system player.. so he’d work.

He’s just pretty average.

Status
Not open for further replies.