Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

I think we're getting close to what would be my limit. I was thinking 55 tops, including add ons. There isn't much further I'd go beyond offering a more attractive structure to Chelsea.
How about we use the money to go after Caciedo and threaten to mess up their deal, normally works if our DOF was competent, but it’s ok he can hide behind the Glazers incompetence as an excuse ….Roll on 2024 and hopefully no more mediocrity in the club enfact it’s shock why the Glazers never renamed us Mediocrity United !

TrueRed79

Chelsea will have made £150 million from out of favour Mount, crock Kovacic and flop Havertz.

Let that sink in.
Puts into perspective how amazingly bad we are run as a club. Theres an excellent player in Mount. Think he will turn out to be a very astute signing for us. Just nowhere near the price they are asking though. Better not get fleeced.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Huge part of that 3-1-6 was Eriksen's ability to play from the deep.. either to position himself as LCB pushing Shaw high up the pitch or to remain as a pivot when Casemiro dropped between two CB's. He did roam all over the pitch and was certainly the player with the most positional freedom, but a huge part of his offensive contribution was to help Casemiro and the team in build up phase.

So no, replacing Eriksen for Mount doesn't seem like a perfect solution even in that 3-1-6 in which we so often wanted to establish control and domination.

So, call me a sceptic if Casemiro - Bruno - Mount is our answer going forward.
Great post this, certainly put into words I couldn't. This is why I don't seriously think we're in for Rice as well.

Rolaholic

Exactly this.

But that said, I think people are selling Mount a bit short here. He was England's preferred choice over a LOT of competition, and he'll do well for us I'm sure.
Yes and England fans have been complaining about exactly that for years...

Rolaholic

Yep, he’s in the same bracket of signings as Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen, Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic and Juan Mata for me.
Mata was a very exciting signing tbf!

It's a shame it had to be under Moyes but he was genuine top quality when we brought him for a club record fee that winter.

Rockets Redglare

Yep, he’s in the same bracket of signings as Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen, Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic and Juan Mata for me.
If you’re trying to say you weren’t excited about Mata then you’re lying. He was 25 when we signed him and was one of the best players in the league.

Idxomer

Huge part of that 3-1-6 was Eriksen's ability to play from the deep.. either to position himself as LCB pushing Shaw high up the pitch or to remain as a pivot when Casemiro dropped between two CB's. He did roam all over the pitch and was certainly the player with the most positional freedom, but a huge part of his offensive contribution was to help Casemiro and the team in build up phase.

So no, replacing Eriksen for Mount doesn't seem like a perfect solution even in that 3-1-6 in which we so often wanted to establish control and domination.

So, call me a sceptic if Casemiro - Bruno - Mount is our answer going forward.
Agreed.

Eriksen tactically was good in that role but he lacks the physicality for it in intense games and out of possession. Mount plays with intensity and works hard but he doesn't have Eriksen's experience and I doubt it he has the tactical awareness for that role.

Doracle

Chelsea are going to pay about £70m for 21 year old Caicedo, who has a contract until
2027. We are going to pay £55m for 24 year old amount, with a contract ending in 2024. I don’t get this deal at all.

crossy1686

career ending
Chelsea are going to pay about £70m for 21 year old Caicedo, who has a contract until
2027. We are going to pay £55m for 24 year old amount, with a contract ending in 2024. I don’t get this deal at all.
It’s called desperation. We do it every summer, we turn up to the window and say “who’s available then?” And then we sign the players who are available instead of the players we need, oh and we overpay every time.

Rockets Redglare

No he wasn’t. He couldn’t get in the Chelsea team under Mourinho.
Yes he was. Just because Mourinho didn’t fancy him doesn’t change that he was a top player. He was Chelsea’s player of the season 2 years on the bounce before we got him.

Irrational.

Your mum could've made you a caf account in advance. Like some parents do with savings accounts.
Mata was a very exciting signing tbf!

It's a shame it had to be under Moyes but he was genuine top quality when we brought him for a club record fee that winter.
If you’re trying to say you weren’t excited about Mata then you’re lying. He was 25 when we signed him and was one of the best players in the league.
I think the most exciting part of the Mata signing was how he arrived on the helicopter :lol:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Even at his best, though Chelsea wouldn't be very willing to sell him, did anyone think of him that he's some 100M player?

L1nk

Not being offered the money he wants apparently.
Apparently its a bit more than that now, they took forever to offer him anything remotely close to what he was outputting at the time anyway. Also if you are currently looking at the club with all these new signings you’d have to be thinking, where do I even fit in anymore?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Like Lukaku, Antony and Felix? Sure he's better than those 100m players.
Don't really get your point, Antony wasnt 100M, Lukaku was clearly overpriced but is a proven topclass striker, no midfielder. Felix also a forward who was actually about the hottest thing apart from Mbappe.

I don't think anyone actually cares or rates Mount particularly apart from Chelsea fans, certainly not to that extent that now even with a 1 year contract he should be around 60M or more.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As a club we need to learn to walk away from deals like this. I like Mount but he’s not worth 60 million given the season he had and only having a year left. I think that we offered is the absolute maximum of his worth and even then it’s a bit much.

Mainoldo

Exactly why they should be told to feck off and we simply go in for him for free in January if the gaffer is so hellbent on him
They’re just generating clicks. This is not the conversation the two clubs are having. If so why not stick to that ridiculous £80m.

Cman

Current offer uses up half of our supposed transfer budget, with us still needing to fill holes in lots of other positions. Even more so if De Gea leaves. Far better to wait and get him on a free next year. We aren’t going to be good enough to win league next year and if we look at our transfer strategy over a year rather than just this window it makes sense to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.