Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think Bayern fans would dislike him very quickly, nowhere near the level they are used to.

croadyman

Maybe when we hear from likes of Ducker & Whitwell on this we will get better read if this is just a bluffing tactic

OrcaFat

We really shouldn't offer them a single quid more. £50m+5m is a more than fair offer for a player like Mount with one year left on his contract, and who wants to leave. There was no sensible reason for them to reject it other than they got greedy.

Tell that lardy American cnut to stick his offer of negotiations up his arse, and move on to other targets. If possible, sign Mount for free in January.
I mainly agree but fairness doesn’t come into it, only desire to buy and desire to sell.

The remaining time on his Chelsea contract is not relevant to how much we want him but, I assume, has some impact on how keen they are to sell (although they’re not behaving like it does).

We can’t sign him for free in January either. Or even get a pre-contract. We’d have to wait until next summer and hope it works out.

The whole thing’s a pain in the arse.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think Bayern fans would dislike him very quickly, nowhere near the level they are used to.
Tuchel loves him and he was very good for Tuchel.
Of course no manager has certain longevity at Bayern really..

saivet

If we walk away from Mount, I can see him joining Arse/ Liverpool/ Bayern for a fraction of what we were quoted. It’s bullshit.
Maybe Bayern but they won't sell to Arsenal or Liverpool for a lower price. Our offer apparently still stands and Chelsea would look ridiculous if they sold to Arsenal or Liverpool for a lower fee.

Mainoldo

Maybe Bayern but they won't sell to Arsenal or Liverpool for a lower price. Our offer apparently still stands and Chelsea would look ridiculous if they sold to Arsenal or Liverpool for a lower fee.
It’s the fact someone at the club seen our bid and said let’s reject it and go back with 58 + 7 and all the reports who got briefed didn’t laugh at them.

Who is their new DoF? He needs to get sacked too.

Maniron

Do we really walk away for the sake of £3m which is nothing in terms of fees or salary. Add ons may or may not become payable, but If they do it is most likely a good thing.

if Ten Hag wants him just get it done and let’s move on

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Do we really walk away for the sake of £3m which is nothing in terms of fees or salary. Add ons may or may not become payable, but If they do it is most likely a good thing.

If we want to break the cycle of the 'united tax' you have to show sellers that you mean business.

Mainoldo

£50+5 with a year left on his contract. It’s pretty simple why it’s not just £3m more.

You should flip it and say why are the selling club not willing to accept.

Member 125288

Not sure why some of you can’t see these latest “twists” for what they are: bluff and counter-bluff.

Mount isn’t going to Bayern any more than Caceido is coming to us - it’s all just part of the negotiations.

You all need to grab some popcorn and chill.

Maniron

If we want to break the cycle of the 'united tax' you have to show sellers that you mean business.
The phrase cutting your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

Forget the idea of a ‘United tax’ Do West Ham have a ‘West Ham tax’ because they are holding out for more money from Arsenal. If we really want him, dig a bit deeper and get it done. If he proves to be a good signing the £3-5m or whatever it is will prove to be a pittance

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ll be pretty upset if we don’t get Mount. For a start, he’s vastly underrated on here. He’s also a perfect fit, I think for the number 8, and rotate into the 10 position. He’s press resistant, great on the ball and has a terrific engine. His defensive work is underrated too. 24, yet to enter his prime, available for a reasonable fee because of his contract situation. He’d improve us so much.

But the main reason I’m upset, is because he’s ETH’s first choice. I fully back the Manager, I believe in his vision, and if we want him to be successful it means getting him the players he wants. If we sign Caicedo, for example, while a great player, it’s going to mean playing in a different way. That’s a huge red flag to me.

I really hope we get this done and move on to our next target.

Kweku Amonoo

I’ll be pretty upset if we don’t get Mount. For a start, he’s vastly underrated on here. He’s also a perfect fit, I think for the number 8, and rotate into the 10 position. He’s press resistant, great on the ball and has a terrific engine. His defensive work is underrated too. 24, yet to enter his prime, available for a reasonable fee because of his contract situation. He’d improve us so much.

But the main reason I’m upset, is because he’s ETH’s first choice. I fully back the Manager, I believe in his vision, and if we want him to be successful it means getting him the players he wants. If we sign Caicedo, for example, while a great player, it’s going to mean playing in a different way. That’s a huge red flag to me.

Salah was an alternative suggestion for Klopp, and look how it turned out. A manager wouldn’t always be right, that’s why you have a team responsible for transfers. So when the manager is being silly, as in the case of Mount (overrated/out of form), alternatives can be found.

Theonas

Scout

What different way would we play if we sign Caicedo instead of Mount?

Blackwidow

Not sure why some of you can’t see these latest “twists” for what they are: bluff and counter-bluff.

Mount isn’t going to Bayern any more than Caceido is coming to us - it’s all just part of the negotiations.

You all need to grab some popcorn and chill.
Bayern needs a no. 9, a no. 6 and some defenders as Pavard and Hernandez are probably leaving.

What they do not need is a 10 or 8. And they for sure will not spend money on it.

This rumour is probably driven by the agents or by the british press - the Bayern camp is pretty quiet right now since Brazzo and Kahn left.

OleGunnar20

Shame for Mason as he was clearly keen on the move, but feck Chelsea. This behaviour is nonsense and we've made absolutely the right choice in walking away.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The biggest problem with us, is that we always let everyone and his dogs know who is our main target.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Man Utd probably will submit a 60m+ 5m offer last day of the transfer window.
I think Chelsea either accept close to the current offer, or we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Casemiro

Judas

Open to offers
Don't really get celebrating us missing out on what seems to be our top midfield target. Still think we'll sign him anyway. The Bayern talk is a load of shite.

Judas

Open to offers
The idea of a team like Bayern, who love nothing more than signing a player on a free, would sign Mason Mount this summer and not just wait till next summer, is hilarious.

Theonas

Scout
Is that a joke? They are completely different players.
I was genuinely curious on your take. I know they are different players but I'd imagined EtH would use them in the same position but I am really not sure how the build up would change between the two since I see neither a exceptionally good at build up like De Jong for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.