Mason Mount

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry. I forgot you weren’t allowed to not believe every Chelsea player is amazing when in the company of Chelsea fans.
You should be sorry. Its not my opinion he's like Scholes. It's the chap who played next to him for about 10 years

acnumber9

Just looked. He compared their enthusiasm and playing like a kid on the street. Their actual playing style is nothing alike.

acnumber9

You should be sorry. Its not my opinion he's like Scholes. It's the chap who played next to him for about 10 years
You’re right. They’re fecking identical now I think about it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ok. Scholes must have been a vastly different player in training for some reason.
Apology accepted.

Keane has loved Mount for a while to be fair. He said this a bit ago...
"Well that is pretty important, that your manager likes you," Keane told ITV Sport while discussing Mount. "Doesn’t matter what people outside the game think, there are a lot of idiots out there"

“He’s an outstanding player, he’s proven it week-in, week-out,” the former Manchester United star said on ITV. “There were question marks, people were quick to criticise him, but I can’t talk highly enough of him.”

El Jefe

What's his highest finish then lmfao ?
You're throwing out nonsense terms like balon dor potential (even though kdb hasn't come near one) don't act like it means anything substantial.
His highest finish is 9th and I'd back him to finish a lot higher in the coming seasons. Taking the term Ballon d'or potential away, KDB has been voted PFA player of the year in back to back years as well as a POTY award in the Bundesliga. The initial poster said Mount would reach KDB at the very least, and that is nonsense.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
His highest finish is 9th and I'd back him to finish a lot higher in the coming seasons. Taking the term Ballon d'or potential away, KDB has been voted PFA player of the year in back to back years as well as a POTY award in the Bundesliga. The initial poster said Mount would reach KDB at the very least, and that is nonsense.
The initial poster did nothing of the sort, he was comparing Mount and KdB's attributes when they were both young players at Chelsea. It's absolutely correct to say that Mount has shown more for Chelsea than KdB ever did - even if you think (as I do) that KdB wasn't given the proper opportunity you'd be insane to suggest that Mount isn't ahead of KdB at the same point in their development.

El Jefe

Even if he doesn't reach the very top tier of players - a model professional who can ping a pass, score with both feet, take mean set-piece, and is defensively sound will always be a massive asset to any side. I think he'll at the very least match what KDB has achieved in this league which is more than satisfactory.
The initial poster did nothing of the sort, he was comparing Mount and KdB's attributes when they were both young players at Chelsea. It's absolutely correct to say that Mount has shown more for Chelsea than KdB ever did - even if you think (as I do) that KdB wasn't given the proper opportunity you'd be insane to suggest that Mount isn't ahead of KdB at the same point in their development.
Another Chelsea fan with comprehension problems. He quite clearly said that he expects Mount to match KDB in the PL "at the very least".

Why would being better than KDB at Chelsea need to be brought up, he played 3 PL games at Chelsea.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think he's the current 'Dele Alli'

Hot at the moment but in a few years will be forgotten about probably.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Another Chelsea fan with comprehension problems. He quite clearly said that he expects Mount to match KDB in the PL "at the very least".

Why would being better than KDB at Chelsea need to be brought up, he played 3 PL games at Chelsea.
Yep, will hold my hands up and concede that that is a position I don't agree with. Apologies to you mate as I'd only read the first line of the post while I caught up with the thread.

El Jefe

Yep, will hold my hands up and concede that that is a position I don't agree with. Apologies to you mate as I'd only read the first line of the post while I caught up with the thread.
And apologies for my passive-aggressiveness :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pretty much this. But his ball-striking technique, work ethic and determination are 9/10. I remember when we signed KDB and he was no where near as well-rounded as Mount at the same age but had similar level of ball-striking technique. KDB could ping some great passes, crosses and set-pieces but was lacking in areas that Mount doesn't.

Even if he doesn't reach the very top tier of players - a model professional who can ping a pass, score with both feet, take mean set-piece, and is defensively sound will always be a massive asset to any side. I think he'll at the very least match what KDB has achieved in this league which is more than satisfactory.
Are you saying you think Mount will win 3 (or is it 4?) PL titles and 2 PFA POTY awards?

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea

You speak of comprehension and yet from those words you somehow gathered that it was a comparison of their times at Chelsea? Deliberately obtuse or just a bit thick?

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
The KDB you're referring to here must not be Kevin De Bruyne because reading this you'd think you're talking about James Milner. KDB is one of the best players to ever play in the PL.

If you think Mount at the very least matches his level, you must either think KDB isn't that good or that Mount has Ballon d'or potential. In both cases, you're wrong IMO.
So in summary - You think the raw, 20 year old KDB I'm referring to in my post is not KDB because the current KDB is one of the best players to ever play in the PL? No need to answer my previous question, I know which one it is.

It's your opinion and mere conjecture as to whether you think Mount has Ballon D'or potential, and you are most welcome to it. But ask anyone with actual football knowledge on these players as to who was the better player between Mason and Lampard (the 2005 Ballon D'or runner-up) at the same age, or KDB for that matter, and most would say Mount.

Are you saying you think Mount will win 3 (or is it 4?) PL titles and 2 PFA POTY awards?
Possibly, but it was more of a holistic reference to his contribution (accolades, stats, longevity, influence) of which titles are certainly a part. Barring anything strange, Mount will probably have 5 seasons on KDB at the end of their careers in the PL.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mount and Chilwell. Where do you start? Silly pair. Hopefully they don't have to miss the game tomorrow but if they do they only have themselves to blame.

You'd think they weren't aware of the pandemic.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mount and Chilwell. Where do you start? Silly pair. Hopefully they don't have to miss the game tomorrow but if they do they only have themselves to blame.

You'd think they weren't aware of the pandemic.
It highlights the absurdity of the rules though doesn’t it?

OK:

NOT OK:

TheReligion

Abusive
It highlights the absurdity of the rules though doesn’t it?

OK:

NOT OK:
What bugs me is why they can't just try, like everyone else, to reduce social contact. Not much to ask?

I get the point you're making but that's the rules. Surely you can avoid being all over the opposing team before and after the match as best possible. Chilwell didn't even play and shouldn't be having any contact at all. It's utterly stupid and annoying.

HackeyC

How on earth he is on the pitch ahead of Grealish is shocking. Has done nothing so far

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doesn't deserve to star for England imo. Grealish and Sancho have more about them in an attacking sense.

Trequarista10

Haven’t seen him for ages yet you got both sancho and grealish sat on bench.
Most anonymous player on the pitch. Looks shattered to be fair, he's just standing around most of the time. Given the only reason to pick him over Sancho/Grealish would be his work rate and energy, it makes him pretty redundant.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The fact that he's played more than Grealish, Foden and Sancho is daft. Bar one corner against Ukraine he's offered nothing.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The fact that he's played more than Grealish, Foden and Sancho is daft. Bar one corner against Ukraine he's offered nothing.
Not saying he has played well but stop suggesting Foden should start ahead of him. Foden had a chance to nail a spot and failed emphatically.

Boy might have talent but isn’t ready to play in a side which limits his strengths. He can’t play a disciplined role hence why he is more of a forward for City.

Sancho is a winger, why would he play instead of Mount. If you think he isn’t as creative then go back and look at the season stats. Mount was 3rd most creative player or something, can’t remember the exact stats.

Also fed up with all this Grealish love. He plays similar to Hazard but when Hazard wins free kicks it was diving and when Grealish wins free kicks it’s great play. Hypocrisy at its finest.