Mason Mount's Misfortune

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The obsession with shirt numbers is juvenile but there’s no way Ten Hag isn’t aware of Garnacho’s lust for this number and the implication of not giving it to him.

I totally agree he shouldn’t have been given it right now (again, I don’t give a shit but Garnacho does and inflating his ego more in this moment is definitely not the right thing to do) but it’s strange we didn’t leave it open to give him something to strive for.

It almost seems like a bit of a feck you which doesn’t really fit with what you’d expect from Ten Hag.
Given how he handled the De Gea contract situation, I don't think he's the guy you think he is.

Wing Attack Plan R

The obsession with shirt numbers is juvenile but there’s no way Ten Hag isn’t aware of Garnacho’s lust for this number and the implication of not giving it to him.

I totally agree he shouldn’t have been given it right now (again, I don’t give a shit but Garnacho does and inflating his ego more in this moment is definitely not the right thing to do) but it’s strange we didn’t leave it open to give him something to strive for.

It almost seems like a bit of a feck you which doesn’t really fit with what you’d expect from Ten Hag.
Garnacho will get #11.

Revaulx

Legacy.

Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo

Now it's seems it's for the average player. It's what we get now, Owen, Valencia, Mason bloody Mount.

He is average at best, so to see him wearing 7 suggests no one cares about the past history of that number.

Can see why some don't care, and why others are disgusted.
Best wore 11 for most if his United career.

Willie Morgan was the 7, but I don’t suppose you’ve heard of him. Or Steve Coppell, his successor.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Anyone who is ‘disgusted’ that a player got a number they didn’t want them to have is an absolute fecking loser & should be kicked in the bum, regularly.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Best wore 11 for most if his United career.

Willie Morgan was the 7, but I don’t suppose you’ve heard of him. Or Steve Coppell, his successor.
I would hope most fans here have heard of Steve Coppell

mu4c_20le

Anyone who is ‘disgusted’ that a player got a number they didn’t want them to have is an absolute fecking loser & should be kicked in the bum, regularly.
Disgusted? fecking hell you'd have thought we gave it to the other mason

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You’re too young to remember Bryan Robson?

And if players are “twerking for it” that’s all the more reason not to cave in to them.
I know he had it but also feel like it's a bit of an exception as he was our best player and captain - but generally I grew up with Becks and Ronaldo having it (born in 94). It's not important, but the purist in me wants a good old 1-11 starting line up.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Now i can easily start to hate seeing mount in england shirt and understood why people didnt want to see him england 11. :lol: .

But united got a wonderful player and again insist this he will outperform havertz or szoboszlai. With him united get energy in midfield but also great attacking outputs as well like goals,assists,crosses and through balls.

Perfect player in his prime. You greedy united fans 60 mn a bargain for his services.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So this is an out and out 100% ETH signing of a player of his choice. I still cannot fathom what metrics made him go for this guy. But anyway. Hoping for the best out of this.

bringbackbebe

So this is an out and out 100% ETH signing of a player of his choice. I still cannot fathom what metrics made him go for this guy. But anyway. Hoping for the best out of this.
He was a top player till last season's Boehly bug bit him. It's unfair to say he's an ETH signing because he wasn't in the market before that and there's no way he would have been considered as a potential signing for our scouts to persuade getting him.

stw2022

Some people only like transfers that allow them to pretend to be experts on foreign leagues by watching highlight videos of players we're linked to on YouTube.

"I watch every minute of the Belgian league me, despite never mentioning before this point. Trust me guys, he's going to be immense"

Last edited:

zaafi

Some people only like transfers that allow them to pretend to be experts on foreign leagues by watching highlight videos of players we're linked to on YouTube.

"I watch every minute of the Belgian league me, despite never mentioning before this point. Trust me guys, he's going to be immense"
My brother's girlfriend's uncle's grand dad is a Rennes fan so I watch every single minute of Ligue 1 matches

stw2022

My brother's girlfriend's uncle's grand dad is a Rennes fan so I watch every single minute of Ligue 1 matches
Frankly it's a missed opportunity for someone to pretend all they did in 2017 was stream Vitesse matches.

Bondi77

Makes sense giving him the #7
Good looking and can score a goal....he will be heavily involved in every marketing tool MUFC can think of.

Ronaldinho's snakebite

You will soon understand why ETH wanted him so badly. He wanted him while playing for vetesse on loan from Chelsea back in the day. Mount is a fantastic player.
Every coach he has had in his career both club and national team, played him. There must be a reason for that, right? He's so tenacious and his energy level is unreal. You will hardly see him walking on the pitch, he runs all 90mins, he presses well, he can shoot, and he's creative. Good in dead balls. United are very poor in set piece, I think that might change now, because Mount is so good at taking them.
He's better than szoboszlai. Its not even a matter of opinion, the track record is there, when he first broke into the chelsea team with lampard, and ucl winning season with chelsea. Just look the goal against porto, the goal against Real, the assist in the final against city. That's the real Mount, not the last season Mount everyone seems to base their judgement on. He's epl proven and just entering his prime. Imo United got themselves a fantastic deal.

I think one the reasons he's taking no 7 is apparently he wants to be a celebrity footballer, someone like Beckham, and I believe United is the only club in epl that can give him the platform to become a celeb footballer.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Genuinely don’t get the hype about giving Mason the number 7.

It was supposed to be Sancho until Ronaldo arrived last minute. But now seeing he may not end up staying long term and Garnacho is in the picture too, I would’ve waited a season before deciding who to hand it to.

But there is literally no reason to hand it to a player whose not going to be our starting LW.

I mean sooner or later one of Garnacho or Sancho will want it so eventually you’ll just be taking the number back from Mason. So what’s even the point in handing him the number from the get go.

A really weird decision by the club if you ask me.

Real Name

:lol: Absolutely idiotic post. Just utter drivel.

Look at Newcastle ffs.

If the Glazers left Utd and bought, say, Liverpool, players would immediately be wary about joining them.

Utd is a circus from the top down, and that absolutely impacts the players’ opinions when eyeing a prospective club, idiotic to suggest otherwise.
You just described majority of your posts.

If you think Mount came cause they gave him assurances - sure mate takeover will get done soon, you're naive like a little kid.

How come over the years all those players came to United, despite the Glazers?If You just needed another opportunity to vent down your negativity I guess. Try to mix your posts a bit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shaw - Mount - Rashford can do some serious damage down that left. Mount will also make up for Rashford’s relatively poor off the ball output.

Now we need similar quality at CF and other areas to make use of the space that will open up.

Bondi77

Genuinely don’t get the hype about giving Mason the number 7.

It was supposed to be Sancho until Ronaldo arrived last minute. But now seeing he may not end up staying long term and Garnacho is in the picture too, I would’ve waited a season before deciding who to hand it to.

But there is literally no reason to hand it to a player whose not going to be our starting LW.

I mean sooner or later one of Garnacho or Sancho will want it so eventually you’ll just be taking the number back from Mason. So what’s even the point in handing him the number from the get go.

A really weird decision by the club if you ask me.
Sancho????
I deserve it more than him.

Ted Lasso

By the most basic metrics he's actually Chelsea's best attacking player since his debut and has generally produces excellent stats not to mention already has a large trophy cabinet.

Not sure why so many doubt the logic behind the signing.

314 games
⚽ 63 goals
58 assists
121 goal contributions
1x Champion League
1x Club World Cup
1x UEFA Super Cup
2x Chelsea Player of the Year
https://twitter.com/SmartPsychopat1/status

Revaulx

I know he had it but also feel like it's a bit of an exception as he was our best player and captain - but generally I grew up with Becks and Ronaldo having it (born in 94). It's not important, but the purist in me wants a good old 1-11 starting line up.
Yeah I have some sympathy with your there.

Putting that into practice with our likely starting lineup in the coming season would result in Antony wearing No. 7. Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here were that to happen :nervous: :lol:

MrBest

I'm happy with the signing. He's a player that does not want to be the star, he's happy doing the background work and works very hard. He's good on the ball, gets into the box, greatblong passer although I would say he is terrible in the air and if he plays at 6, this could be a little issue. I don't love the idea of him having 7 purely because I think it adds psychological pressure but his fee was not crazy so maybe it does work. I couldn't care less with Garnacho not getting it. All in all, good signing, we need 2 more by next week, as many as we can get before we fly out.

RedIan

Great signing for us. Not read this threat but can imagine its full of the usual moaning caf mob.
Hope he hits the ground running.
Casamiro - Mount - Bruno
is looking a very decent midfield.

Lets hope we get a top goal scorer to compliment the midfield.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
“Once it became clear I wasn’t in Chelsea’s plans.”

Hardly a quote to make you excited.