Mason Mount's Misfortune

E-mal

I thought he was fine today. It was the system more than Mount individually that was causing issues.
He is not the right player for the players we have already in midfield and that is why most fans were perplexed why we bought him.

RORY65

It's the opening day of the season so it's obviously not the time to be making huge judgements and it's not like anyone else was much better but the concern is that that midfield just doesn't really make sense even on paper and it didn't look right on grass at least for tonight. Individually Mount wasn't terrible, he certainly wasn't great but no worse than most of the players tonight, but there's going to be a lot of work needed and significant tweaks made for a Casemiro, Mount and Fernandes midfield to have any sort of stability or control over games.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Was he feck, our midfield was open and we looked half decent with Eriksen there instead. God knows why we have scouts or even pay a DoF, just let ETH keep buying hang average former payers of his.
He was the only one running and pressing. Bruno gave it away every time he had it, and Casemiro looked like an old man.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He was the only one running and pressing. Bruno gave it away every time he had it, and Casemiro looked like an old man.
Should have tried playing some football instead of all this pressing and running

Thom Merrilin

He is not the right player for the players we have already in midfield and that is why most fans were perplexed why we bought him.
Yeah I saw many people saying this but I presumed ETH had a plan and knew better than the fans. I'm second guessing that assumption now.

Paul778

If we are going to play a high press with mount we need Anthony, Garnacho and mostly Rashford also putting a shift in..

If they are going to walk around we are going to get played through by every single team

zaafi

I expect an apology from you lads
This makes your original post even more embarrassing. Your genuine hatred for him is seriously weird.

It's one fecking game. If it was up to you, you'd get rid of Evra and Vidic after a month.

Thom Merrilin

Yes but this is the system he was bought to play in. If it doesn’t work then he becomes Bruno back up.
We didn't play this system last season though, for the most part at least. Usually Eriksen or Fred were played deeper towards Cas. Today Mount and Bruno played almost as second strikers for large periods. I thought Mount would play the Eriksen role not as a second Bruno.

Baneofthegame

This makes your original post even more embarrassing. Your genuine hatred for him is seriously weird.

It's one fecking game. If it was up to you, you'd get rid of Evra and Vidic after a month.
You mean to say after one game where basically the whole team was shite, we shouldn’t go mental and reaffirm our preconceived judgements immediately? Crazy.

Malone_Post

People have been watching Mount for years for both Chelsea & England. We’re not talking about relative unknown talents that Vidic & Evra were at the time.

zaafi

People have been watching Mount for years for both Chelsea & England. We’re not talking about relative unknown talents that Vidic & Evra were at the time.
So you know he created the second most chances in the league a few seasons back, only beaten by Bruno, and you also know he scored 11 goals and had 10 assists in 2200 PL minutes, which is far better output than Bruno has ever had in a season if you look away from his penalties and in much less minutes played! So, he's not really shit, is he?

Surely he wouldn't be wanted by Klopp, Ten Hag, Tuchel or Arteta if he was that bad?

Malone_Post

So you know he created the second most chances in the league a few seasons back, only beaten by Bruno, and you also know he scored 11 goals and had 10 assists in 2200 PL minutes, which is far better output than Bruno has ever had in a season if you look away from his penalties and in much less minutes played! So, he's not really shit, is he?

Surely he wouldn't be wanted by Klopp, Ten Hag, Tuchel or Arteta if he was that bad?
Please find the post where I called him shit.

sammyhol

I’m not gonna get on lads back.

don’t think he did anything particularly badly.

and I’m in semi agreement with the people in the thread defending him.

but I honestly believe those people are purely defending based on loyalty and patience … and the vast majority of them before he was signed were probably thinking:

“but we’ve got Bruno?”

“we need someone who can play deeper?”

“Casemiro is gonna have his work cut out”

“We are going to get overrun in midfield”

and that game, was the perfect encapsulation of those thoughts.

i hope ETH proves me wrong… but I don’t see how you ever get the best out of any of those 3 players in the same team as each other.

RetroStu

I honestly dont understand what the point of Mount is, or why we even bought him. And i'm not basing that on this game.

marktan

£50m for the regen of Tom Cleverly. Did we forget we have VDB lurking around in a closet somewhere?

Where are all the people who suddenly decided Mount was good when it turned out we were going to spend £50m on him? He does pretty much what he's always done for England and Chelsea - not very much.

zaafi

£50m for the regen of Tom Cleverly. Did we forget we have VDB lurking around in a closet somewhere?

Where are all the people who suddenly decided Mount was good when it turned out we were going to spend £50m on him? He does pretty much what he's always done for England and Chelsea - not very much.
Hey Mark, maybe let him play more than 68 competitive minutes before sharing your blissful optimism as always?

Giggsyking

55+5m.

theatreofdreams777

I liked Mount at Chelsea but was highly skeptical if he was what we needed to bring balace to our midfield. My thoughts haven't changed one bit so far.

All of the previous managers after Fergie were criticised to death for their signings but EtH made some shocking decisions in the transfer market since he came to the club as well. Some people try to act like he's different but he's not really.