Mason Mount's Misfortune

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Absolutely crazy that instead of getting rid of van de beek, we doubled down and signed his English clone.

ti vu

I'm convinced the only reason United signed him because he was only 8-10-ish that available and could've signed him quickly for the tour. ETH wanted to play high pressing formation so he wanted someone fast.
The fecking issue is neither club nor ETH considered player's other skillset to be an important factor. As long as it's "attainable and can be done quickly" it's all they needed, system comes later

Signing just highlight how absurd we do business, really...It's like a kid playing Football manager
James Madison was available for cheaper fee. If anything, Madison skillset would be easier to transit to deeper role with coaching like Eriksen. Can dribble, and know when the ball/play would drop and where should it go to make the play fluid, so he provide that midfield/ maestro presence that teammate can find him with passes. Whereas Mount is just a cog in a machine type of player.

GledTheRed

James Madison was available for cheaper fee. If anything, Madison skillset would be easier to transit to deeper role with coaching like Eriksen. Can dribble, and know when the ball/play would drop and where should it go to make the play fluid, so he provide that midfield/ maestro presence that teammate can find him with passes. Whereas Mount is just a cog in a machine type of player.
Not taking Maddison at 40 and singing Mount for 60 was utterly baffling and frankly quite concerning from our club.

sammyhol

Without just rattling off the cliches….

“he does a lot that goes into unnoticed by fans!”

“He’s great off the ball”

“he presses high”

what is this guys actually good at?

Ive watch him dozens of times and never seen him look anything other than anonymous.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I honestly can’t remember seeing him in the second half after he’d come on

ti vu

Not taking Maddison at 40 and singing Mount for 60 was utterly baffling and frankly quite concerning from our club.
I would hold my hand up for shame because I did not want Madison myself, before it dawned on me that we're signing Mount. I meant I would prefer signing a proper natural midfielder as we're spending a decent fee already. Hipster changing player position can come at later time (for Madison and Mount type of signing). Somehow we end up of worst of both worlds.

Lee565

Without just rattling off the cliches….

“he does a lot that goes into unnoticed by fans!”

“He’s great off the ball”

“he presses high”

what is this guys actually good at?

Ive watch him dozens of times and never seen him look anything other than anonymous.
Based on the cliché's you mentioned that most people praise him for and him being a number 10, he is basically our new lingard except lingard did not cost us 60 million

AFC NimbleThumb

Based on the cliché's you mentioned that most people praise him for and him being a number 10, he is basically our new lingard except lingard did not cost us 60 million
The Lingard comparison is apt.

At some point this year (probably against a Bournemouth or someone of that ilk) he’ll do something good & wait for the handwringing from the deniers but the facts are we needed a number 8 that raised the quality but got a number 10 whose best seasons provid mediocre figures.

I understand giving people time but this transfer isn’t what we needed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yet nearly everyone on here was saying Mount would transition to a deeper role better than Maddison would.

That was always nonsense. Mount's general play has always been rubbish. A player who's relied on others to carry the midfield and lives off of the odd goal or assist. Maddison, whilst still a risk, at least has the attributes our midfield, and team in general, is sorely missing. Can shield the ball from a press, pull a la pelopina turn off to evade pressure, can dribble, etc.

I genuinely don't know what players some were watching when so many on here were confidently saying Mount was better. Same when people said Donny and Sancho were better signings than Grealish would be.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just a duff transfer that was obviously a duff transfer from the moment it was bafflingly announced.

A complete waste of £60m during a window where a PL ready CF was crucial.

So pointless and ill-suited a transfer that it’s bordering on the surreal.

And then to hand the guy the fecking 7 shirt is just out there… it really genuinely is just way out there.

An idiotic signing.

saik

So is he still injured or dropped for this game as well? I asked why he didn't start against Copenhagen and was told that he was just coming back from injury.

Either way, looking like such a pointless signing. We had 55m to bring in a proper midfielder, someone who can replace Eriksen yet we bought this pretender. Today was the the kind of anonymous 45mins that McT would be proud of. We might as well have been playing with 10 players instead.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Awful signing, pointless and yet there will be fans defending him every week.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the Ricky Martin of football. Living off Livin' La Vida Loca (assisting in CL final). That's about it. That one hit is enough to set him up for life.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Pack this guy with the EtH one-way package.

Absolute waste of space

hobbers

Yet another United signing that virtually no one understood or felt good about. Proven right again in rapid time.

Martial

Zero control, zero possession, no Bruno, against Newcastle's B-side.

What's his excuse now?

Based Adnan

Really happy our manager decided to prioritize Mount as his midfield signing for 60m

Not only is he shite he brought him but has no idea how to use him

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Horrible decision. EtH's worst signing in my opinion.

Irwin99

So I gather he's playing in the 10 role tonight? Was kinda hoping he'd excel there (clutching at straws I know)

acnumber9

He’s kind of turned out to be the player everybody knew he was. I always thought he was Chelsea’s Lingard. Now he’s ours without the occasional wonder goal.

binary bot
Scary thing is everyone seen it coming. There was the usual blind optimism for a while but deep down everyone knew.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'll never understand how so many people defended this transfer. He's always been rubbish. Watching him stink up the place for England is one thing. Seeing him do it for my club at the cost of a season and £55m is so disheartening.

JPB

He's a Chelsea cnut never wanted him. Send him back to London. We need
some proper players. How on earth anyone at United thought this guy was worth 60 million is beyond me. Jesus Christ.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think he's doing ok, he's trying to make something happen.

Or is it just me that thinks that :nervous:

Devil81

The most pointless signing of all time. We didn't need him.

What a waste of money.

RedRocket9908

I cant believe people are writting Moubt off already when he has only played about 4 games and has been played out of position all the time.

I thought he did ok in the first half of this game unlike most of the other players who've been awful.

Spark

Scary thing is everyone seen it coming. There was the usual blind optimism for a while but deep down everyone knew.
Yeaaaaah this was the most obvious shit signing ever. Tried convincing myself at first that he’s signed for a reason, Chelsea player of the season etc.

But he’s caused far more problems than he’s solved. And we knew he would before he was confirmed.

Great.

ROFLUTION

I’ll still reserve judgement till he has played at least 15 games, preferably 5 back to back games

This climate of the club does him no good. Neither does he make the team good so far.

cj_sparky

It was a bit of a baffling signing in an area we didn't really need and we signed him off the back of an awful season at Chelsea for big money.

He looks lost.