Gaming Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
ME1 was boring as feck after a while.
ME2 is one of the best games ever.
ME3 was fun in parts, but the last part, including the ending, was a load of old shite.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Mass Effect 2 was clearly miles better than 1, I thought that was a pretty undisputed thing?? The RPG elements of Mass Effect 1 were really quite unpolished and the dumbed down version in the following games was better for the series. I also never understood why people went so bat shit over the ending of 3, it was no masterpiece of story telling but didn't take away from the experience or represent anything worth getting worked up over. Maybe it's because I was a bit late to the series and just played the complete editions of the trilogy after it was all done and dusted and was expecting a considerably worse ending all along.

Thoroughly marvellous trilogy. I wish they'd make a new, modern KOTOR game than start another Mass Effect tale though.
No it's far from undisputed.

ME2 was dumbed and made easier/more shiney to chase sales and if people like that kind of thing then fine, they are the demographic aimed at.

Again that's not to say it's a bad game, it's clearly not. I myself like 2, and some areas are better than 1. I just think people tend to praise it too highly compared to one, when in reality, though it might be more accessable to more people, it's pretty much turned into a very mediocre (gameplay wise, not overall) shooter. It could and should have been so much more.

But it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things because it all comes down to how much you personally like the games, not what someone else thinks.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is that voiceover from 3 or have we got another bloody Shepard?

Also why the hell are they travelling by ship to another galaxy.

Steev

It's the same female Shepherd from the first three games.

The theory is that during the events of Mass Effect 3, humanity/the council/whoever decided to send a ship to another galaxy (Andromeda) to find a new home (in case the fight against the Reapers was lost). The voiceover in the teaser seems to be Shepherd's message to the crew as they set off.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

The theory is that during the events of Mass Effect 3, humanity/the council/whoever decided to send a ship to another galaxy (Andromeda) to find a new home (in case the fight against the Reapers was lost). The voiceover in the teaser seems to be Shepherd's message to the crew as they set off.
Sounds pretty damn interesting.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Really want my PC to arrive ASAP so I can play though the trilogy again. Feck you EA for not releasing a remastered version on consoles!

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Really want my PC to arrive ASAP so I can play though the trilogy again. Feck you EA for not releasing a remastered version on consoles!
A friendly bit of advice. Mass Effect downscales REALLY well :D I was able to downscale from well over 5K and still maintain 60fps. No UI scaling by default, sadly, but thankfully, I've got good eyes.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Sounds good

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Interesting. So this takes place millions of years after 3?

That's also more or less Interstellar's plot :lol:

roykeane19

The greatest trilogy of all time, loved ho especially in the third game you actually felt the dread of the reapers, normally in most games I couldnt care less about what happens in plot, or am unaffected, but this game was something esle, amazing characters, gameplay, environment, had everything really

Revan

Assumptionman

Very interesting!

Hopefully it won't be that long after the events of the trilogy. It would also be interesting to see who will be the new baddies. It is near impossible of making a new enemy who will look as threatening as the Reapers. I was quite convinced that they will continue with the Leviathan, but looks that they have gone in some other direction. They always do (just look at the enemies in Dragon Age).

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
A friendly bit of advice. Mass Effect downscales REALLY well :D I was able to downscale from well over 5K and still maintain 60fps. No UI scaling by default, sadly, but thankfully, I've got good eyes.
I've heard of downscaling, no idea how'd go about it. Modding files seems overwhelming to me. I'll get back at you when I have it. Also, I believe you need to use a controller mod (I'll be using a controller all the time cos I'm hooking it up to my TV) which also scares me. :nervous:

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I played the first Mass Effect and ended up ruining Shepards face and it kinda ruined the drama. I also killed Wrex really early. I completely fecked up negotiating with him. I also chose the black haired girl over the guy just so I could get laid. I still miss him, he was my first companion.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I've heard of downscaling, no idea how'd go about it. Modding files seems overwhelming to me. I'll get back at you when I have it. Also, I believe you need to use a controller mod (I'll be using a controller all the time cos I'm hooking it up to my TV) which also scares me. :nervous:
What GPU does your new PC have? It's as simple as changing a setting in your control panel if it's an Nvidia card :)

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Overclocked. With an i5 4460 CPU if that helps in any way.
It's as simple as following this short video guide :)

It allows you to render games at 4x the resolution of the monitor. If your monitor is 1920x1080, then you can run the game at 3840x2160, just by selecting that option in the graphics menu of the game itself. Of course your monitor isn't putting out more pixels, but the image will be a LOT sharper, and everything will look better :)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
It's as simple as following this short video guide :)

It allows you to render games at 4x the resolution of the monitor. If your monitor is 1920x1080, then you can run the game at 3840x2160, just by selecting that option in the graphics menu of the game itself. Of course your monitor isn't putting out more pixels, but the image will be a LOT sharper, and everything will look better :)
I have a 4k tv, does Mass Effect support 4k or do you have to downsample?

Revan

Assumptionman
Is it coming out this year
That was never on cards. EA/BW still say First Quarter of next year, but I would be really surprised if that really happens. It will likely be the end of next year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know there's very little information about it thus far but would I have needed to play the earlier games to properly enjoy it? Or could it work standalone like, say, The Witcher 3?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I know there's very little information about it thus far but would I have needed to play the earlier games to properly enjoy it? Or could it work standalone like, say, The Witcher 3?
It's one you can play on its own. They've said the first trilogy's story arc is done.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's set in a different galaxy from the previous 3 so no you don't need to play the older ones. The previous 3 had the same main character but that his story is over now

ravi2

ME1 was boring as feck after a while.
ME2 is one of the best games ever.
ME3 was fun in parts, but the last part, including the ending, was a load of old shite.

ME2 was the best game I have ever played.
Really looking forward to a new ME, hopefully it is released in the not too distant future