Mass shooting in Nova Scotia

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
They suspect any motivation? Racism? Religion?

Sure he was planning that well ahead

AshRK

They suspect any motivation? Racism? Religion?

Sure he was planning that well ahead
They are investigating. Still nothing confirmed. He was a 51 year old dentist. Would know more in coming days.

As a novascotian it's a sad day.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Saw this on another site. Not 100% sure its related to the event but it sure looks like it.

Rumours he was pulling people over and shooting them. Also that he ended up ditching this car

DVG7

He shot his ex wife and her new partner in front of his children, then shot his neighbours in front of their kids is what I’ve heard from someone with knowledge.

motive unknown but they suspect he had been planning for a while.

Darkhorsez

He shot his ex wife and her new partner in front of his children, then shot his neighbours in front of their kids is what I’ve heard from someone with knowledge.

Just horrible and so needless. I have been sad since this news came out in the morning.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Spoilered because grim. Perhaps best not to read if you know anyone involved.

AshRK

Death toll rises to 17. Deadliest mass shooting in Canada in 30 years.

Foxbatt

This is terrible. How can this happen in the Maritimes? My heart and prayers and condolences to the families.
I have passed Truro and that junction where he was eventually shot more than a few times.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
RIP to the slain :(

Obsessed with that part of Canada, on my bucket list to drive up through Maine all the way to Nova Scotia from bottom through Halifax to top.

AshRK

RIP all victims

So was it a Terrorist attack or lone wolf?
The investigations are still ongoing but I highly think it was some terrorist attack. Looks like some crazy maniac who was disturbed with his life decided to be a c*nt.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is terrifying, RIP to the victims.

Dr. Dwayne

Jesus, the car looks convincing to a layman. A hell of a lot of planning and work clearly went into this massacre, which is way more scary than just some random guy snapping.
You can buy the cars used at auction, but they are stripped of the markings, so he had to out a lot of work in there. But yeah, terrifying, he seems the epitome of one of those people with a list. Terrifying. RIP to all the victims.

DVG7

16 different crime scenes and the number of dead has risen to 19 and they expect more.

Kag

What’s the difference?
A terrorist attack is committed to advance an ideological, political or religious cause. This may not be the case.

There are many examples of atrocities committed that have been born out of mental illness or pure wretchedness.

The poster’s question was valid.

mu4c_20le

A terrorist attack is committed to advance an ideological, political or religious cause. This may not be the case.
A lone wolf can also do all of that, it just means a single person acting alone for the cause. I feel like the other poster had a different interpretation of the term.

Kag

A lone wolf can also do all of that, it just means a single person acting alone for the cause. I feel like the other poster had a different interpretation of the term.
Yep. I think they were referring to the shooter as an isolated entity, free from ideology. Granted, I may have misinterpreted that, too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Jeez, this is mental. Use of polica car is just diabolic. Like when police arrive, people may not even come out not believing who's real or fake.

What a sad waste of lives!

RIP to victims.
Apparently used it to pull a few people over and then shot them. Which is just absolutely crazy to think of. One second you’re just trying to obey the police and next thing they are shooting you.

Seen locals complaining that no alert was sent out either so people weren’t even aware he was out there. The only updates were on Twitter.

My heart goes out to all the Scotians out there. The thought of this stuff happening at home just makes me so scared that it could happen to my family and I’ll never see them again.

Dr. Dwayne

Apparently used it to pull a few people over and then shot them. Which is just absolutely crazy to think of. One second you’re just trying to obey the police and next thing they are shooting you.
It's been suggested he was a bit of an RCMP enthusiast. May have been a failed applicant as well. Not sure if there's anything there that would lead to his motives, though.

Seen locals complaining that no alert was sent out either so people weren’t even aware he was out there. The only updates were on Twitter.
This one's a bit of a catch-22. Releasing that kind of alert might cause more problems than it solves and put more people in danger. Also, the considerable number of locations means it may have been difficult to piece everything together.

My heart goes out to all the Scotians out there. The thought of this stuff happening at home just makes me so scared that it could happen to my family and I’ll never see them again.
It's a rare event here. Don't worry too much about it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Messaged my friend who lives in Nova Scotia but she hasn't replied yet. Hopefully she's ok.

DVG7

Confirmed 23 people dead, including a 17 year old girl.