Massimiliano Allegri targets Manchester United job

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn't his football style tremendously boring?

BlueHaze

How does he compare to Mourinho in terms of his style of football?
Just rewatch our ties against Juve last year. There's no difference at all except Allegri had a ten times better team. Boring pragmatic crap football all over again and he even managed to lose against Jose last year at home. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He got results because his team had unbelievable quality. I will never believe he would do well here with this squad and our current owners and just the overall setup at the club. Juve have a great foundation.
Very true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Name a few who fit the category. Who would be willing to take the job.
Nagalsmann if we wait
Poch at the rate he's going with Spurs :devil:
Farke? You can tell I'm running out.

Nickosaur

Yeah, he'll do for the next 18 months. Then we get to spin the wheel of misfortune again.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No more "pragmatic" football.

I want United to win but I also want us to win playing attacking football. If a manager doesn't at least offer the hope of fulfilling both criteria, he doesn't fit the job.

I'm sick of watching the likes of City winning but more than that I'm sick of watching them win while playing brilliant, attack minded football. That has to be the goal, not just trying to grind out some results.

edcunited1878

The type of shite I would expect Woodward to do. Let Ole manage United another year, thus going into Year 3 he's a lame duck just like LVG was. There's a viable, "better" solution in Allegri out there.

But regardless of manager, United have to recruit better players and have continuity amongst each others strengths. Going from Jose, to Ole, to potentially Allegri shows zero continuity in terms of vision, playing style/performance.

Kemizee

Someone please enlighten me. Wrong thread but lemme ask: why do I not hear Laurent Blanc's name among the discussion of potential managers for us? I used to watch his PSG side in the Champions league and even though he didn't get to the semis but his style of football was very pleasing to the eyes and created a lot of chances. Is he that bad or what?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The type of shite I would expect Woodward to do. Let Ole manage United another year, thus going into Year 3 he's a lame duck just like LVG was. There's a viable, "better" solution in Allegri out there.

But regardless of manager, United have to recruit better players and have continuity amongst each others strengths. Going from Jose, to Ole, to potentially Allegri shows zero continuity in terms of vision, playing style/performance.
TBF we tossed contuinity of playing style out the window a while ago. At least LVG to Mou made some sense in that regard.

Moiraine

Nagalsmann if we wait
Poch at the rate he's going with Spurs :devil:
Farke? You can tell I'm running out.
I wanted Poch too but recent results have made me skeptic. I don't think there is anyone available, I would rather have Wenger take the job than Allegri to be honest. At least we will play some attractive football.

Steerpike

Yeah, deep down i dont want him. But at least a decent manager wants us, so that is a positive sign.
You mean a currently unemployed 'decent manager' would like to jump on the gravy train, wait a few years for a decent payout when he fails, and leave us royally screwed and no further forward? A positive sign?

Sir Scott McToMinay

I meant someone realistic. There is no chance in **** he will be appointed. Not in million years.
I disagree with that, but neither of us know for sure.
Allegri would be a good appointment if we want to salvage the season, but in the long run he would be another gargantuan mistake.
I can’t believe I’m saying this after all my criticism for Ole, but I would rather give more time to Ole just on the basis of his transfers alone, than appoint Allegri if it was between the two.

We are sick and tired with old school past their peak pragmatic managers.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We haven't got a clue how to play football.

A meticulous trainer is just what we need. Purging the rotten sentimentality and nepotism from the club is a bonus.

I will be over the moon if Allegri comes here. :drool:

Wayne's World

Fantastic manager, did brilliant at both AC Milan and Juventus winning titles and got Juventus close to winning the Champions League twice. Don't want people saying he wouldn't suit the United way because right now the United way we are currently playing is absolutely terrible to watch.

Is one of the best out there and tactically very very good. I'd take him in the morning If we gave him the right structure to work with

Renegade81

Personally i would expect Poch to replace Zidane and Allegri to replace Poch.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Now, now. I'm sure Rafa, Roy or Brentan would make themselves available. Maybe a last stint for Houllier.
At least Rafa and Brentan have won a league title more recently than Liverpool, sounds good to me. :D

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Just rewatch our ties against Juve last year. There's no difference at all except Allegri had a ten times better team. Boring pragmatic crap football all over again and he even managed to lose against Jose last year at home. :lol:
In that case, it's a no from me!

edcunited1878

I wanted Poch too but recent results have made me skeptic. I don't think there is anyone available, I would rather have Wenger take the job than Allegri to be honest. At least we will play some attractive football.
Uh Wenger always had good technical players to perform the attractive football....but they were soft as wet toilet paper. Give me the results. Allegri would have been a good manager immediately after Jose, but not now. Give Ole his time unless United get relegated. Build with the young players and let Ole turnover the squad. One voice, one direction, one way. Then let him be judged until after the squad is adequately built. It's far from being adequately built.

Steerpike

At least Rafa and Brentan have won a league title more recently than Liverpool, sounds good to me. :D
Ole has won a league title more recently than Liverpool (both as a player and a manager)! Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Traub

Not the type of manager I'd want going forward, but he could salvage the season and get us into the top 4.

Re-asses at the end of the season then.

Though our board aren't this proactive.
Don’t think he would be willing to sign on till just the end of the season

KeanoMagicHat

If Allegri wants the job, then you have to seriously consider him for it. With his reputation, he could actually probably do better than United at the moment. He won the league with Milan as well as Juventus, in fact he has a pretty flawless record in Italian football. Just because he left Juventus and they wanted a fresh approach doesn't mean he didn't do a great job there, that's just the way modern football is now. Several times in the Champions League he proved to be excellent tactically. Couldn't get over the line and win one, but lost to two excellent teams in his best years in Real in 2017 and Barca in 2015.

Think his negative style is being overplayed here. Pragmatic yes, but slightly more positive and modern than Mourinho. Realistically, it wasn't the style of play that got Mourinho sacked anyway, it was the antics off the pitch and complete collapse of the defence in his last season that got him sacked. Allegri would be like getting Mourinho in 2011 before he went off the rails at the end of his Real Madrid reign.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not the type of manager I'd want going forward, but he could salvage the season and get us into the top 4.

Re-asses at the end of the season then.

Though our board aren't this proactive.
That's what I'd call changing manager yet again.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Would you take a chance on Gerrard?
Right now, no way. He would have to pull up trees at Rangers in next few years to even get on the shortlist. From a perspective of continuity Pep Ljinders should at least get interviewed. Other than that it should simply go to the best candidate available at the time. I really wish Klopp hadn’t suggested Gerrard. Whilst I do love a bit of sentimentalism, not when it comes to succeeding Klopp. The job will be hard enough without extra noise around an appointment like Gerrard.