Massimiliano Allegri targets Manchester United job

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Would be an obvious choice, if he's up for the challenge and willing to commit to the job and not just see it as a nice little paid holiday for a few years.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This chap is a coward according to Juve fans and his football teams play a shit brand of football.. He was very lucky to get the Juve gig and rode on the foundations laid down by Conte and Marotta.

Nagelsmann, Rose, Hutter, Bosz, Poch are the guys we hopefully target. Nagelsmann and Rose would be my first choices with Nagelsmann being the first choice.

MikeUpNorth

This chap is a coward according to Juve fans and his football teams play a shit brand of football.. He was very lucky to get the Juve gig and rode on the foundations laid down by Conte and Marotta.

Nagelsmann, Rose, Hutter, Bosz, Poch are the guys we hopefully target. Nagelsmann and Rose would be my first choices with Nagelsmann being the first choice.
Five league titles in a row is a long time to be riding on someone's coattails...

RUCK4444

The silly thing is he is probably one of the top three available managers and nobody really likes his style of play... yet half the caf will want Ole sacked to bring him in.

Taking over a Juve team that had awesome quality to begin with, in a one team league, is a hell of a lot different to taking over this United squad in its current state in the premier league.

What we have now is a good defence and above average talent in our youth, we need a manager to grow this squad and improve the youngsters coming through.

Poch is the only ‘available’ man I’d consider sacking Ole for at this stage as we’ve seen him do the above very well at Tottenham.

I don’t like the sound of a 50+ Italian defensive pragmatist taking his first job in England with a massive job to turn this United squad into what we want as fans.

This is the problem we have, fans won’t give Ole time but the alternatives are mostly shite and swapping now will just continue the merry go round of steaming shite we’ve seen the last five years in Woodward’s circus.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't blame you at all. It's been a nightmare ever since PSG. Steer clear is all i can say.
The thing with having brilliant managers is that everything else feels shit. Where you could only dream about the likes of Ancellotti, now you would just sniffle about having someone like him.

Have to hope our owners have learned from Utd post Ferguson.

Inter Yer Nan

I'd take him but with some reservations. Style of play and also, Italians do like to go back to Italy pretty swiftly, so it would suck if we hired him and progressed and then all of a sudden Inter or Juve (again) come knocking. I think he's been one of the better managers in the world and is wanting a challenge, plus is hungry to win the Champions League.

I'd say unless we really think we've got a run at Pochettino then go for this one.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The thing with having brilliant managers is that everything else feels shit. Where you could only dream about the likes of Ancellotti, now you would just sniffle about having someone like him.

Have to hope our owners have learned from Utd post Ferguson.
That's very true, although i would argue it's come full circle now due to being undercoached and rubbish for the past 6 years. I'm salivating at the prospect of Allegri taking over, in spite of his perceived passivity, because i know he is a meticulous trainer and we would (hopefully) start to play football again.

Your owners seem like a sharp bunch who are actually interested in competing, so i would imagine they've been watching us as the example not to follow. I don't think we could have managed post-SAF worse if we tried! I'm sure you will be fine.

Infra-red

He's a good manager, but his football is unbelievably dull and pragmatic. We'd all be bored to tears.

hn4manunited

That’s what i’m most fearful of. Having watched some of his losses, I can’t say I can disagree with that assessment based on those instances.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'd rather have Poch. His teams don't score any more goals, let in more and never win anything.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'd take him but with some reservations. Style of play and also, Italians do like to go back to Italy pretty swiftly, so it would suck if we hired him and progressed and then all of a sudden Inter or Juve (again) come knocking. I think he's been one of the better managers in the world and is wanting a challenge, plus is hungry to win the Champions League.

I'd say unless we really think we've got a run at Pochettino then go for this one.
Seeing us 'attempt' to play football has been soul destroying for way too long now. We need someone to coach us properly from the ground up.

For this, Allegri fits the bill perfectly. You will struggle to find someone more meticulous in their coaching. He could probably do better than us if we're being honest. I would love it if he comes here.

edcunited1878

Managers are only as good as their players. United don't have good enough quality players, let's be real.

Defense is good. Central midfield is thin and good because of Pogba and from a somewhat emerging McTominay. Attacking lines are unbalanced and inconsistent and thin as well.

This would be the worst quality of players Allegri would be managing in the past 5+ years of his managing career. Same would probably be the same for any seasoned manager, including Pochettino.

MikeUpNorth

It's better to be thrilled and lose and than see shit on a stick.
Which manager is going to give us this thrilling and heroic, yet ultimately losing, football you crave?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Pros: professional no-nonsense manager, good fitness + hard-working approach, two UCL finals (lost to MSN and BBC), Juve's run in Italy might end now that he's gone. Manager of the last good AC Milan. Knows Pogba very well. Wants to be here (according to the press). Would probably try to sign Dybala.

Cons: his balanced OFF/DEF might fail miserably with current Utd's squad. Not sure Ed would back him with 2 signings in Jan + 5/6 in 2020. Fish out of water oop noorth who apparently doesn't speak english.

MrPooni

Sacking Jose only to appoint Allegri just over a year later would be peak post-Fergie United.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF

Yeah, and what about that Ac Milan that ended Inter's run? 2 UCL finals in 3 years is rubbish?

AFC NimbleThumb

We can have whoever is n charge, so long as we penny pinch it won’t matter.

Ole isn’t the man but Pep & Klopp wouldn’t be pulling up trees with our recruitment ‘strategy’ either.

Infra-red

Is it better to be bored and win, or to be bored and lose?
Sadly, I don't think that's the choice we'll be facing when Solskjaer is eventually replaced.

Bored and unsuccessful vs entertained and unsuccessful, is more likely. I don't think we really have the structure in place to build a successful team.

Allegri might be alright as a short-term, rescue the season kind of appointment, but long term, I think we'd come to resent his style of play.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Seeing us 'attempt' to play football has been soul destroying for way too long now. We need someone to coach us properly from the ground up.

For this, Allegri fits the bill perfectly. You will struggle to find someone more meticulous in their coaching. He could probably do better than us if we're being honest. I would love it if he comes here.
If that was the criteria, we might as well bring in Belgiums coach Martinez
The current manager of Ajax. He'll end up at Bayern or Barça.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We might as well fetch back Mourinho if we're going to go down the boring route again.
If Ole has to go, it's German hipster time imo.