Date of Birth: May 17, 2000
Nationality: Czech Republic

Height: 196cm
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Sport Invest
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025​

Glorio

Came here to say the same - clean, crisp, accurate passing.

(Crisp - reminds me of the cringey Owen ad)

K Stand Knut

The number 2 doesn’t play though. He needs real game time to develop
He played 30 times for Prague last season.

He needs United game time, IMO.

Admittedly, it’s a bit of an unknown amount of games but potentially all league cup games and early rounds of the FA Cup plus any dead rubbers in the CL if we qualify early enough

khoazany

I think he's good enough to start in the Dutch League or Series A. Couple of seasons more on loan and who knows. Onana was from La Masia originally but game times at Ajax and Inter made him the keeper he is today.

Canucantona20

He played 30 times for Prague last season.

He needs United game time, IMO.

Admittedly, it’s a bit of an unknown amount of games but potentially all league cup games and early rounds of the FA Cup plus any dead rubbers in the CL if we qualify early enough
ETH rarely plays his number 2 though.

Ace of Spades

I think he's good enough to start in the Dutch League or Series A. Couple of seasons more on loan and who knows. Onana was from La Masia originally but game times at Ajax and Inter made he's the keeper he is today.
Yeah, he is looking very good and looks very well rounded. Hope he gets a loan to a stronger league.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's not a kid anymore. 23 years and some aspects of the game have improved.

Could be good time to start challenging, but first give him more minutes on this tour to see if can keep his cool.

Edwards6

Good to see us with a keeper composed on the ball and able to play it out the back in that 2nd half, Onana will make a massive difference for us

saik

Was good today. Calm and composed on the ball and was good with his passing. Was very impressive last season while on loan as well.

Will be interesting to see what we doing with him. Needs game time to develop but we are desperately short on GK department as well.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Personally think he goes back to Sparta, he's one of their key player last year to win the title after 10 years, could play regularly in the champions league. His chick studies in Prague etc. At United he would be max no2 and playing jack all. Knowing us some 3-4 million will be good enough with a 40% sell out/ buyback. Sparta will be definitely trying to get him and will have that money for him. Think they can sell him for triple that in a couple of years easily.. Which could bring us some extra 5 mil. Not great but not terrible.

Meanwhile we could buy Suzuki which looks good too stylistically and waste his career as a no2, not Kovář.

That doesn't exclude the option to loan Kovář to a better club in Europe and raise his price even more. Another loan would be ideal but not sure about his contract length...

Woziak

Reminds of Peter Cech in his stature, obviously needs a lot of work to be as good but his distribution with his feet was excellent

Blood Mage

He looks very good, I do think it would be a waste having him as backup instead of giving him another loan to help his development. He may be our future no.1 if he continues to develop like this.

OverratedOpinion

I think having him in the senior squad and playing cup games could potentially be better for him than a loan at the moment. Let him feel being a United player, he can always go out on loan again at any point.

Fitchett

I remember him saving quite a few penalties, when he was in the u21 team, prior to the Covid empty stadiums.

Kostov

He has an aura of a GK that I like. 23 is also an age at which he needs to play consistently and settle at a club that will develop him.

Red Royal

His few highlights show that the back 4 must enjoy a keeper who is comfortable on the ball. I get annoyed that DDG only had players like Dubravka, Grant, Heaton etc. as backup when clearly they would not succeed him. Kovar may be ready NOW and would save us £50M but we don't know as he wasn't given chances.

Teja

Feel like that exact pass at 0:15 is the one DDG made to Maguire in one of our big games recently. Maguire lost the ball resulting in a goal and DDG got crucified for that.

Was it Pool? Arsenal? Can't remember.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Knowing us some 3-4 million will be good enough with a 40% sell out/ buyback. Sparta will be definitely trying to get him and will have that money for him. Think they can sell him for triple that in a couple of years easily.. Which could bring us some extra 5 mil
Meanwhile City sold a 19yo (almost 20) with 27 minutes of first team football for £10-15m and on their was to selling a goalkeeper with league one and below experience for £15m.

Varun1

The highlights are very fecking impressive. Granted this was only the 1st pre-season game against a poor Leeds side, but his passing under pressure was great to see.
Bring in an experienced keeper as backup (Sommer?) and give Kovar a chance.

Castia

Missed the game but looking at those highlights he looks so comfortable on the ball

pascell

Sell with a buy back and high % sell on. He needs to make roots somewhere and it's obvious Onana is coming in, so that's not going to be at United.

Gandalf

In the video he wasn't tested once but I like what I'm seeing with the ball at his feet.
If you look at his highlights on YouTube from last season for Sparta you will be even more impressed. Great distribution both with long throws direct to feet and passing with his feet. Looks very comfortable on the ball and also comes off his line to claim crosses at corners etc. I didn't realize that was legal.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Should be looking to loan him domestically, a good season at even a championship side could bag us £15 million. He’d be wasted as our number 2, ETH doesn’t rotate.

prateik

A loan to a club that suits his playing style would be good.. he needs first team minutes.

USREDEVIL

Just playing devil's advocate a bit, Leeds were not exactly pressing with all their might. Some of those passes were closer than i'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.