Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

No. Mata hasn't hit the same heights Silva has. Anyone non-chelsea, and now also united, would choose Silva for their team ahead of Mata. Damn quick the overrating has begun.
I rate Silva, but not above Mata. Always feared him when playing Chelsea. Great and proven EPL player.
Özil is also a great player, but he fade out from time to time.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Mata is better than Silva and a little better than Ozil when you factor in that he doesn't go missing in the big games and can actually be effective for more than 70 mins.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Chelsea themselves claimed he got 30+ in one of his two seasons on their website. Can't remember which season, but I remember being linked to it on the car, possibly by Rob.
My bad, I thought we were talking about league only. All competitions 30+ would be possible although Mata played 60+ games to get those assists

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'd have taken Mata over Silva before we were even linked with him.
Truth, brilliant player that always gave us a torrid time in matches against Chelsea. Even had him as first pick in my fantasy football draft this year. That went well.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'd still have Ozil over both of them though, and we could have had him in the summer if we'd have just bid. He wanted to come to us.
I'm starting to think we really were in for Bale and that's why we didn't go for Ozil. Selling him was key to Madrid's capture of Bale so why would United buy a player that would then help Madrid get a player we wanted, too? If that makes sense.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
oh ffs.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Would be better if you were able to discuss things in your, as I presume, first language. Assuming Ronaldo, say Ribery and Messi are the benchmark, who have you got one level under? Rooney, RvP, Suarez, Ibra, Ozil of his best season at Madrid, Mata of his best season at Chelsea. Both Mata and Ozil aren't a whole new level under Rooney, Suarez etc, are they?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mata and Silva are about the same. Ozil has more talent than either of them, though, as we all know, he has his faults. In an even market he'd be the more valuable player and would probably be generally higher rated.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm starting to think we really were in for Bale and that's why we didn't go for Ozil. Selling him was key to Madrid's capture of Bale so why would United buy a player that would then help Madrid get a player we wanted, too? If that makes sense.
I've seen a fair few respected journos recently reporting it as fact (that we bid for Bale). Which is weird as it was always fairly clear he wanted Real. Oh well.

jeff_goldblum

Silva is of similar level to Ozil.

Mata just a level below. And Cazorla a level below still.
Silva's best season in England (2011-12) was nowhere near as impressive as what Mata did last season. If it wasn't for the media love-in for Bale he'd have walked the Player of the Year.

Sam

Anyone else notice that all the opposision fans in this thread (Bar Chelsea's) have just come in to say 'our player is better' or 'he's overrated' etc etc. Quite amusing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The sense of assuredness with which peterstorey talks shit actually convinces some people he knows what he's talking about.
Yeah it's amazing.

Loving the reaction of opposition fans to this signing. All of them are living in denial.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Why do LFC, Arsenal and Spurs fans come here and expect people to bow to their opinions and then play the 'you're overrating him' card when someone disagrees?

A united forum regarding a united transfer? TRY HARDER.

You're terrible WUMs.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've seen a fair few respected journos recently reporting it as fact (that we bid for Bale). Which is weird as it was always fairly clear he wanted Real. Oh well.
Yeah, never in doubt for me where he wanted to go so I think it's a fine reason why we didn't buy Ozil but I've not seen much indication of that in the press.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ozil, Mata and Silva are all about the same level. Not much to separate them.

If you want elegance then I'd pick Silva. Mata and Ozil are much more productive

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else notice that all the opposision fans in this thread (Bar Chelsea's) have just come in to say 'our player is better' or 'he's overrated' etc etc. Quite amusing.
No one thinks he isn't brilliant. He is, he's fantastic, but if I was picking an attacking midfielder I'd have Silva and Ozil ahead of him. That isn't saying Mata isn't great, he clearly is.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Mata is clearly the best player in the world.

Siorac

How long until B20 and Barney claim Henderson and Coutinho are a level above Mata? I think it will happen by Sunday.

Loon

:lol:
As long as he does the business for United. Don't care if somebody rates somebody else more. I've always liked Mata, even at Chelsea. My fav Chelsea player since Zola. Thrilled to bits he's a United player.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's ridiculous that we're being accused of overrating Mata now that he's going to sign for us when the reality is he's always been rated on here. I'd wager that the general consensus on here has always been Mata>Silva, or at least Mata = Silva ever since his first season at Chelsea.

B20 is a comedy gold today, with his 'everyone outside Utd and Chelsea would take Silva over Mata' line being a peach.

Acquire Me

Mata and Silva are about the same. Ozil has more talent than either of them, though, as we all know, he has his faults. In an even market he'd be the more valuable player and would probably be generally higher rated.
Özil got a great talent, no doubt about it. That said, Silva and Mata got equally great talent.

Varun

Staff
Very hard to separate the 3. Cazorla's definitely a level below though.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Time to settle this once and for all.

Football manager 2014 current abilities.

Carzola - 165
Ozil - 169
Mata - 172
Silva - 174

Status
Not open for further replies.