Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If anything, Hazard is the one that needs to watch out. His demand to start every game won't sit too well with Mourinho if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Shark

@NotShark
Apparently Barca are interested in Mata. How the hell would they slot him in the team?

Really hope he never moves there, too much of a nice lad to end up with that lot.

Even if they have no room for him, this wouldn't surprise me. Mata is easily one of the best players in Europe at the moment, so it's only natural that the biggest of clubs would be interested. The Spanish giants in particular.

In saying that, Jose won't be selling him anytime soon.

Ekeke

Yes Spain had quality midfielders before. Valeron, Baraja, etc. Probably less of a specific type though. For example Baraja was really good but he wasn't a short passing expert like Valeron and most of those listed. He was a goal threat instead

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yes Spain had quality midfielders before. Valeron, Baraja, etc. Probably less of a specific type though. For example Baraja was really good but he wasn't a short passing expert like Valeron and most of those listed. He was a goal threat instead
The previous two generations weren't nearly as good though. Hence their inability to do anything on the international stage. They did produce some quality. Valeron, as you mentioned, was a technical level above. Of course there was also Bakero, Guardiola, Guerrero, Amor, Enrique and Baraja. Hierro was fantastic, especially when he shifted to center half. I'm sure there are one or two other notable names I've forgotten.

Edit: Mendieta.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So Atlético have apparently enquired about the possibility of taking him on loan. Really strange if Mourinho lets him go, surely it won't go down too well with the fans?

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
If Mourinho is prepared to let him go, and he's already come out and said that we should have no problem selling to a rival, then he should just let mata come to us. Simples.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Why wouldn't Mourinho want him? He had a place in his team for Özil and Sneijder before. Just makes no sense.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he left Chelsea in any form this summer it'd be one of the most bizzare transfers ever.

Castia

It's really strange isn't it. I laughed off the Mata for Rooney rumors earlier in the summer but the links away from Chelsea keep popping up. They will be fooking nuts to loan him out though, he's a £35m player.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
If we can get Mata plus some cash for Rooney I would be absolutely delighted, a straight swap would be a good deal considering their ages and the current trajectory of their careers

Genius Me!

If Mata left, and we didn't try to get him, then that would just be a travesty. If we're really in for the best players then we need to be this guy (if he's available).

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Would be a no brainer to swap Rooney for him but I just don't think we will do it.

binary bot
If Mata left, and we didn't try to get him, then that would just be a travesty. If we're really in for the best players then we need to be this guy (if he's available).
The only chance we would have is if it's part of a deal for Rooney, so it wouldn't be a travesty. Although personally I'd be all for it.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Yep, only way I would consider letting Rooney go there is if it's a swap for Mata. There's been rumours from day 1 that Mourinho wasn't keen on Mata but I didn't believe it until now.

Genius Me!

The only chance we would have is if it's part of a deal for Rooney, so it wouldn't be a travesty. Although personally I'd be all for it.
Well if Mourinho thinks it's okay for players to move to rival teams then it would be a travesty for us not to test their resolve.

Not that I'd necessarily expect us to get him, but we should still be in there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's going nowhere you loons!
Does seem odd you've just casually splashed 30m on another attacking mid though!

Unless the plan is to make Oscar a central starter and still play the other 3.

Even Chelsea don't keep 30m men benched.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Does seem odd you've just casually splashed 30m on another attacking mid though!

Unless the plan is to make Oscar a central starter and still play the other 3.

Even Chelsea don't keep 30m men benched.
Shevchenko says hi.

Chabon

They've spent something like £150m on AMs alone in the last couple of years, yet only have three proper holding players (4 if you count Lolz). Do they know something we don't about where football is going?

Jacob

Swapping Mata for Rooney won't happen, when will people realize swap transfers never happen in real life? This is not football manager.

To entertain the idea, I'm not sure if I'd agree to a straight swap between the two. Mata is class but Rooney is better, that said, I hold grudges against Rooney so I don't know.

Siorac

Swapping Mata for Rooney won't happen, when will people realize swap transfers never happen in real life? This is not football manager.

To entertain the idea, I'm not sure if I'd agree to a straight swap between the two. Mata is class but Rooney is better, that said, I hold grudges against Rooney so I don't know.
Where's the white text?

Status
Not open for further replies.