Match Compilations

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

The run where he beats 3 English defenders including Moore before passing the ball past Shilton :drool:
Quite reminiscent of his goal against Bayern just without the huge sprint at the beginning of the move.
70s Blokhin was “human highlight”.
He had humiliated some of the greatest defenders like Moore,Kaiser,Tresor,Vogts…..

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

Scotland was very impressive in this fixture, possibly even outplaying the Germans in a game that would end in a 1:1 draw. Any excuse to make a Netzer compilation though!
Basically the 1972 team without Müller vs Scotland with Law (slightly past his best), Dalglish (slightly before his best), Bremner, McGrain etc.
Outside Kaiser great performance in this game,Uli Hoeness would be one of the best players in the world,if he wasn’t injured.Unfortunately,injuries ruined his career.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

bit rusty after injury but some of the stuff he pulls are just insane :drool:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Like Brian Moore saying “he’s only been on the park 5 minutes” and his individual compilation is already 3 minutes long.

The flicked pass at 1.17 is lovely.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Just realised that the brilliant outside of the boot cross at 2:40 was Cantona and not Becks, not sure how I've managed to confuse those two between each other :wenger: Will delete it a bit later.

harms

Staff

You can see that he still struggles to impose himself onto the game for the entire duration of it, but he remains very influential even if only in a few moments of brilliance — like the winner that he scores against an excellent defense marshalled by peak Marius Trésor. Blokhin was only 20 at that point, so he'll add a lot more variety to his game as well as learn how to press & utilise his speed more efficiently.

That bit at 1:22 though :drool: I'm still not sure how he had managed to got through there with the ball at his feet

@Šjor Bepo by the way, not a friendly but a crucial World Cup qualifier for a change. France needed a win, USSR needed a draw. Sadly, in the next stage USSR would get Chile but they'd refuse to travel for a return leg because of the whole Pinochet's coup mess.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

You can see that he still struggles to impose himself onto the game for the entire duration of it, but he remains very influential even if only in a few moments of brilliance — like the winner that he scores against an excellent defense marshalled by peak Marius Trésor. Blokhin was only 20 at that point, so he'll add a lot more variety to his game as well as learn how to press & utilise his speed more efficiently.

That bit at 1:22 though :drool: I'm still not sure how he had managed to got through there with the ball at his feet

@Šjor Bepo by the way, not a friendly but a crucial World Cup qualifier for a change. France needed a win, USSR needed a draw. Sadly, in the next stage USSR would get Chile but they'd refuse to travel for a return leg because of the whole Pinochet's coup mess.
This game he fecked Tresor in his athletic prime.
70s Blokhin was human highlight,btw Tresor was only 23 at that point too.:)

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

I didnt really watch Tresor that much but considering his style of play there is a big possibility he is/was quite overrated. Lovely compilation harms, please stay away from the circus games as i really enjoyed last few videos.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I didnt really watch Tresor that much but considering his style of play there is a big possibility he is/was quite overrated. Lovely compilation harms, please stay away from the circus games as i really enjoyed last few videos.
I think his best came in the first 3/4ths of the 70's for which a lot of footage is not available considering the clubs he played for. Of the footage I have seen, I was really impressed with the younger him. His appearances in our drafts have also seemed to have reduced recently - used to be a round 6-7 pick in all time drafts if I remember correctly.

Šjor Bepo

I think his best came in the first 3/4ths of the 70's for which a lot of footage is not available considering the clubs he played for. Of the footage I have seen, I was really impressed with the younger him. His appearances in our drafts have also seemed to have reduced recently - used to be a round 6-7 pick in all time drafts if I remember correctly.
Yeah i dont know, just saying that type can easily get overrated because of his physical dominance.
From the little i saw id say in terms of style he is comparable to someone like Mozer and in terms of reputation he is nowhere near Tresor even though Mozer played at higher level then him, achieved more and was constantly improving his teams no matter where he went.

harms

Staff
He certainly relied on his athleticism a bit too much for my liking (and often rightly so) and I wouldn't put him among crème de la crème, but he was really a force to be reckoned with. Aside from the one mistake for the goal he was imperious in this game, a bit reminiscent of peak Rio.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I would say Tresor was a kind of player who was very consistency during his career.He adapted his style very well when he lost some athleticism during the late 1970s.His younger days in Marseille was an athletic freak who was very fast,great accleration and had a great leap,so he used his athleticism a lot in his game during his early career.Tresor in 80s was a different beast,he relied on reading the games,anticipation movements of attackers instead of athleticism.Tresor in WC1982 was a lot declined in physical form.His younger days relied a lot in top speed and jumping ablities.

Young Tresor received French Player of the year in 1972,while the old man Tresor was in World Soccer World XI 2 consecutive years(1982,1983).
Peak Tresor IMO was during 1972-1978.

harms

Staff

Finally finished a big one on Law. Hopefully it does better than Charlton's :(

Yagami

Good post resistant
*sees this thread bumped*

*sees it's for a compilation of a Barcelona player dismantling us in a final*

*leaves :(*

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

:drool:
fully aware its probably only @Synco and me that will watch it:lol:
Outstanding. Do have a soft spot for a defensively shrewd midfielder with an eye for a forward pass. Grew increasingly influential as the game wore on and had a huge part in that match-winning goal.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Some brilliant defensive actions but he could have done better on certain occasions, probably nitpicking though. Definitely had a tough job on his hands facing Hughes & Cantona (with Keane rampaging forward for good measure & Giggs-Kanchelskis jinxing about out wide) but did exceptionally well, all things considered

Still have no idea if that tackle he pulled off on Cantona was a great tackle or a penalty :lol:

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Some brilliant defensive actions but he could have done better on certain occasions, probably nitpicking though. Definitely had a tough job on his hands facing Hughes & Cantona (with Keane rampaging forward for good measure & Giggs-Kanchelskis jinxing about out wide) but did exceptionally well, all things considered

Still have no idea if that tackle he pulled off on Cantona was a great tackle or a penalty :lol:
Anticipation and attacking of the first ball was tremendous given the nature of the forwards he was up against. Their physicality and back-to-goal expertise would make it difficult for most to nip ahead and win the ball as he did so frequently.

Šjor Bepo

bit rusty coming back from injury but plenty of skill and insane workrate as always:drool:

Šjor Bepo

God i love this guy :drool: :drool: :drool:
That Osasuna team was lovely though! Young Azpi and Monreal, Juanfran(Atletico) on the wing, Plasil was good and up front the legend Walter Pandiani!

Šjor Bepo

Every game i watch the commentator says the same thing: Gazza just back from injury :(
Regardless, he still had his dancing shoes on and put on a proper show:drool:

harms

Staff

Not a friendly for a change :) Already 30 years old, making his debut at the World Cup and still fast enough to penetrate Brazil's defence time and again. Overall I'd say that he got a bit unlucky — just like USSR in this particular case, they really could've settled for a draw on a different night. Brazil's goals though :drool: