Match Compilations

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Just insane.

Another player that gets underrated in drafts is Aldair, very rare gets picked and its often R1 and then see ya later.
Is this the one where he takes the piss out of Nedved? :drool:

I'm not sure whenever I posted it in PMs, but this thread (make sure to check it out in full) makes me laugh so hard (especially when you can hear him scream).

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Is this the one where he takes the piss out of Nedved? :drool:

I'm not sure whenever I posted it in PMs, but this thread (make sure to check it out in full) makes me laugh so hard (especially when you can hear him scream).
yes, not only that but Nedved couldnt get a sniff whole game!

Yap, its actually hilarious how often he had his arm up when you paying attention to it :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Just insane.

Another player that gets underrated in drafts is Aldair, very rare gets picked and its often R1 and then see ya later.
The textbook wing-back performance. A lot of quality on show in that derby.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Trapattoni did a fine job of man marking him and Pele did hold on to the ball a bit too much for my liking but he had his moments alright, esp ones where he made an absolute mug out of Trapattoni.

Zito and Rivera were excellent and will probably make comps on them in the near future (hopefully :o).

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
It's amazing how you can dish them out so fast, great job man (yet to watch all, just seen the Baresi vs Dutch one)

Šjor Bepo

Davids vs Seba Veron(best player in the world at the time) :drool:

harms

Staff
The new grandiose project that highlights the incredible talent of Bobby Moore. For any another footballer his playing style would be too risky — especially in the 60's he so often rushed to the centre of the pitch, betting everything on intercepting the ball at the right moment... succeeding 19 times out of 20. The sheer consistency of his performances were simply incredible — I've only seen him having a bad game once, in the semi-final of Cup Winners' Cup against Borussia Dortmund. And even there he had a few moments of brilliance — but his feeling of the game was simply off that evening. At the bigger stages though, be it World Cups, Euros or cup finals, he hardly ever put a foot wrong.

That's not to mention him being arguably the cleanest tackler of all-time — certainly up there with Maldini, Nesta (and maybe Lahm as an outside shout?).

Without further ado, here's 30 minutes of Bobby Moore dominating everyone and everything he came across — including the likes of Pelé, Di Stéfano, Eusébio, Müller, Law, Best, Puskás, Jairzinho & Seeler :drool:

Šjor Bepo

Sadly dont think we can find a much bigger sample but here is Jaap Stam struggling against Ajax side that had Jari Litmanen in a false 9 role. Almost a textbook stuff of what not to do, got dragged all over the place which created insane gaps in the back line. On the other hand, in things he excelled usually, he did here as well. Dominated like Kramer in karate class.

Šjor Bepo

Interesting watch. What are your thoughts?
about workrate or the actual performance? :D
Is it said its a young version of Laudrup? Not sure how much of him i watched but prime version wasnt really a hard worker off the ball(funny thing is, recently watched an old version and he worked twice as much then the peak one :D).
Impressive workrate, im fairly sure thats the last game of his career so probably wanted to go out properly. As for the performance, it was okay, you could see he is finished but also you could see he will always have magic and that he was born to play the game "Ajax way" so its really sad that we were not able to see that sooner when he was at his peak or at least a bit closer.

harms

Staff

So... Match Magazine gave Paul Gascoigne a 10 out of 10 rating for that game and it's hard to argue with them. One of the most entertaining individual performances of all-time, it really reminded me of Ronaldinho vs Madrid even though Gazza's opposition was way less glamorous. It's incredible that in a game where he dominated midfield for the entire 90 minutes and scored 3 magnificent goals (playing as one of two central midfielders in a 4-4-2) he still had time to joke around and mess with people — chatting with photographers, sticking something on referee's back (I'm not sure what it is, probably duck tape?)... or doing a random rabona simply because he felt like it.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

So... Match Magazine gave Paul Gascoigne a 10 out of 10 rating for that game and it's hard to argue with them. One of the most entertaining individual performances of all-time, it really reminded me of Ronaldinho vs Madrid even though Gazza's opposition was way less glamorous. It's incredible that in a game where he dominated midfield for the entire 90 minutes and scored 3 magnificent goals (playing as one of two central midfielders in a 4-4-2) he still had time to joke around and mess with people — chatting with photographers, sticking something on referee's back (I'm not sure what it is, probably duck tape?)... or doing a random rabona simply because he felt like it.
Irrepressible. Does central midfield play get any more joyful than that? Love the warmth in the handshakes from both teammates and the Derby players at the final whistle. Shows how endearing he was, even after he’s scudded your team and took the sheer piss. Always gratifying to see Shilts cut down to size. :drool:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Ireland lost, thanks to a brilliant Henry goal, but Keane was one of the standout players of the night.

What was remarkable was the fact that Keane was playing in a midfield featuring A. Reid, D. Duff and K. Kilbane (fairly industrious but primarily attacking midfielders) against an imposing midfield trio of Makelele-Vieira-Zidane who'd go on to become WC finalists.

Šjor Bepo

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Ireland lost, thanks to a brilliant Henry goal, but Keane was one of the standout players of the night.

What was remarkable was the fact that Keane was playing in a midfield featuring A. Reid, D. Duff and K. Kilbane (fairly industrious but primarily attacking midfielders) against an imposing midfield trio of Makelele-Vieira-Zidane who'd go on to become WC finalists.
great work :drool:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Nice window into Keane at the holding midfielder stage of his career. Anticipation, awareness and use of the ball all still bang on.

harms

Staff

Scotland was very impressive in this fixture, possibly even outplaying the Germans in a game that would end in a 1:1 draw. Any excuse to make a Netzer compilation though!
Basically the 1972 team without Müller vs Scotland with Law (slightly past his best), Dalglish (slightly before his best), Bremner, McGrain etc.

harms

Staff

Wonderful performance from the legendary 1995/96 spring run when Cantona basically secured us the title all by himself. A goal and 2 assists (the first one is simply outstanding) in a fiery derby to grab us the victory... who else but The King himself!

harms

Staff

The run where he beats 3 English defenders including Moore before passing the ball past Shilton :drool:
Quite reminiscent of his goal against Bayern just without the huge sprint at the beginning of the move.

Šjor Bepo

The run where he beats 3 English defenders including Moore before passing the ball past Shilton :drool:
Quite reminiscent of his goal against Bayern just without the huge sprint at the beginning of the move.
friendly? and why is it so short?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Wonderful performance from the legendary 1995/96 spring run when Cantona basically secured us the title all by himself. A goal and 2 assists (the first one is simply outstanding) in a fiery derby to grab us the victory... who else but The King himself!
Enjoyed that. Cantona cruising about the park like Di Stefano. Plenty needle of the much-missed petty variety. The one-two with Cole is class and Giggs’s emphatic strike into the 80s-style nets is a proper throwback.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Imperious as usual

Such a strung out game, must’ve been about 60 yards between the two defences for much of the tie. Not sure if the Bayern and Celtic players were playing more reserved ahead of a likely European Cup final clash a few weeks later.

I liked the Kaiser repeatedly losing his shit at the ref when the body check wasn't spotted and the normally unhurried Mr Composure had to hurtle back to stop a certain goal.

harms

Staff
I liked the Kaiser repeatedly losing his shit at the ref when the body check wasn't spotted and the normally unhurried Mr Composure had to hurtle back to stop a certain goal.
Noticed that as well, not often do you get to see Beckenbauer in such an agitated state.

Šjor Bepo

If you ever wanted to see Pep's Barca playing long ball, this is a game for you!