Mathieu Valbuena

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Zinedine Zidane was announcing on Canal Football Club (Canal+) after the Uruguay-South Africa game yesterday that we (United) are reportedly completing a 12 million (Euros, I presume) signing of Mathieu Valbuena, one of Marseille's French wingers, selected with the French team and reportedly to start today against Mexico...

quethenoo

if its the same guy im thinking of he was shit hot on pro evo, which is of course the barometer by which all players should be judged. seems a bit wierd that no-one else is tho?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's not even a certain first choice at Marseille, is he?

Looks very creative and more of a playmaker on the wing than a proper winger but looked very inconsistent atnd not at our level, so I call bullshit.

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
From his Wiki: In 2010 he agreed to sign for Manchester United. Scholesy once said of him "Great tecnique, but not as good as Tom Cairney".

:lol:

Anduin

He's not even a certain first choice at Marseille, is he?
Good point. I just checked his stats... 31 league appearances this season, but came off the bench 12 times and was subbed off on 17 (!) occassions... scored five goals and assisted another three, not sure what to make of him.
Maybe kouroux may be able to enlighten us ;)

wr8_utd

:'(
Out of our budget.

We should be looking at Cole, Ballack and Toni

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Out of our budget.

We should be looking at Cole, Ballack and Toni
I know you're joking(I hope you're anyway) but this bullshit is getting boring now since a comment like this is always made whenever there is a transfer news regarding us.

MUFC07

A stronger type of Zoran Tosic - he's the same height, I believe... But, well, a little unchartered territory indeed...
I see. A combination of Tosic and Obertan (in terms of being sub in a french team - although Obertan was actually out on loan from Bordeaux).

I think someone would have reported it, especially if Zidane said it on TV. I mean how many shitty websites wouldn't have had a chance to make a story? Goal.com, caughoffside, Marca ("Valbuena to replace Rooney"), The Daily Mirror ("Valbuena and [RandomPlayer] close to United").

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I know you're joking(I hope you're anyway) but this bullshit is getting boring now since a comment like this is always made whenever there is a transfer regarding us.
It will only last until we sign a player for a decent amount of money.. Shouldn't be too long imo

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd be a bit concerned about our ambitions if we bought him. He's not a standout for Marseilles, and he's not the most physical player. It would be a lot of money for a backup winger.

Brwned

I know you're joking(I hope you're anyway) but this bullshit is getting boring now since a comment like this is always made whenever there is a transfer news regarding us.
Aye, it's about as funny as AIDS these days.

The joke's been completely raped by now.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wouldn't be surprised if we did sign him, potential world class talent this lad... has all the tools to be the next obertan.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Our scouting network has been taking the piss this past year or so.

Brwned

Our scouting network has been taking the piss this past year or so.
:houllier:

How in the hell could you think that? We know next to nothing about who we've scouted.