Mats Hummels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCross

Getting to be a bit bloated the squad isn't it? Maybe we can nick Martinez off of them :drool:

justboy68

There's a reason for that, perhaps it's the other premier league teams taking all their best players.
Most of the top PL sides can keep hold of their players now (from their rivals) which is the main reason. United would have it a whole lot easier if we could just ring up Spurs and take Kane off their hands, like Bayern can with Dortmund. It's extremely difficult to even sign players from lower midtable clubs in the Premier league now as seen with the likes of Stones and Berahino.

Premier league teams signing a few players here and there aren't the reason the Bundesliga is becoming seriously unbalanced. Especially considering they pay very good money when they do.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Getting to be a bit bloated the squad isn't it? Maybe we can nick Martinez off of them :drool:
Some players will leave, difficult to say who at this point. Götze, Rode, Benatia are very likely gone. Can't see Martinez leaving after extending his contract a few months ago. Robben, Ribery, Badstuber were more injured than fit in the last 2 years. Our squad really isn't that deep in terms of quality players without a big questionmark hanging over them.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Nah... Right footed
LVG would probably want perma-crock Badstuber at left centre back (or more likely keeping Phil Jones company)
Ancheotti is going to have one hell of a squad though the way things are going - especially with kimmich and hjoberg developing as well

Bwuk

If Martinez could stay fit him and Schneiderlin & Herrera would be a fantastic midfield three.

NoLogo

So stupid announcing this when Dortmund have to meet Munich in the German Cup final.
Indeed but then again I think Lewa played a cup final against them as well when it wasn't a real secret anymore more that he would join them the next season and I remember him playing fairly well. Still I wouldn't be too surprised if he is left out of the squad for the final.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It was way too late to keep it a secret. Hummels and his father started the rumours about a return to Bayern weeks ago with their idiotic interviews. It doesn't make much sense to try and keep the final decision away from the public, when everyone already knew it and Dortmund's CEO said that Hummels has to decide this week. Dortmund's ad hoc announcement that Hummels asked for a transfer to Bayern didn't help either.

I hate this transfer so much :(.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
So stupid announcing this when Dortmund have to meet Munich in the German Cup final.

It's a matter of the German stock exchange laws which unfortunately broke the story. At this point it no longer makes much of a difference whether both clubs make it official or not.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i have a source who gets his info "from
the very top" and he says hummels is a done deal for the summer. apparently we stuck with blind last summer and didn't get anyone else in as hummels had promised dortmund 1 more year of service to right the wrongs of last season and get them "back where they belonged in the cl" before joining.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As long as he is a real German, it can be racist then. Good to know.
Well, technically he's Canadian now...and his hometown is now in Poland, so it's complicated. Nevertheless, I always enjoy bringing up the bit about Khedeira and Ozil because it was such an absurd criticism.

Djemba-Djemba

Wait Bayern have signed Hummels? :lol:

What a ridiculous league. Imagine if United and City were the only two realistic big teams in the league and then every season we took a player like Aguero, De Bruyne or Silva from them. It just takes so much legitmacy away from the competition no matter how much the Bayern fans try to defend it.
You'd be worried if you were the head of the Bundesliga.

Is their TV deal up for renewal any time soon? Having such an incredibly dominant club consistently taking the best players of the 2nd best team every Summer can't be a good thing for interest.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been said before, but this doesn't look for the German league. Announcing a signing, the captain of Dortmund, when you have to play them in a cup final is a joke tbh.

Well done to Bayern, they don't let anyone become a rival.

ottosec

Been said before, but this doesn't look for the German league. Announcing a signing, the captain of Dortmund, when you have to play them in a cup final is a joke tbh.

Well done to Bayern, they don't let anyone become a rival.
Didn't they announce Goetze before the CL final a few years back? :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bayern essentially have a monopoly on the league whilst simultaneously weakening their rivals. At least with PSG they are getting most of their players from abroad and not their closest rivals.

I think the Bundesliga is crying out for a billionaire to pump millions into a club.

::sonny::

Dortmund have no dignity

They sell every year their best players to Bayern

A Bayern feeder club

Norris

Time to lock this thread up as well. But a little shitty of Hummels to be honest.

Man-United

Why not create a new thread for this news? Had no idea he has joined Bayern until I read it on bbc. feck off mega threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.