Mats Møller Dæhli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirik Raude

So, according to opta-stats, Dæhli has a pass completion rate of 91.88 %, which is by far the highest in the Norwegian league. That is extremely good for such a young player, and it tells a lot about his attitude towards football. He is a very professional player, and I have very high hopes for him.

Rossa

So, according to opta-stats, Dæhli has a pass completion rate of 91.88 %, which is by far the highest in the Norwegian league. That is extremely good for such a young player, and it tells a lot about his attitude towards football. He is a very professional player, and I have very high hopes for him.

Read the same thing, but it said nothing about how adventerous his passing is.

Rossa

True, but if you've seen him play you know that he is a very offensive minded player. I would think, without having seen any stats, that the pattern would be typical for a winger/OM.

Truth be told, I haven't. I always find that watching Tippeligaen after watching Premier League feels like watching women's football in comparison. But I'll take your word for it :)

Ballache

Supports
Martial
True, but if you've seen him play you know that he is a very offensive minded player. I would think, without having seen any stats, that the pattern would be typical for a winger/OM.

You reckon he could partner Carrick in a two man midfield? or is he more of a #10?

Brightonian

You reckon he could partner Carrick in a two man midfield? or is he more of a #10?
Definitely not a CM. He plays either left or central in the 3 of a 4231. There are players who start in those positions and end up playing deeper (I think Pereira may be one) but Daehli is not.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Definitely not a CM. He plays either left or central in the 3 of a 4231. There are players who start in those positions and end up playing deeper (I think Pereira may be one) but Daehli is not.

Cheers for the info, I know he's an AM was kinda hoping we could Gundogan him into cm if he develops nicely that is.

lysglimt

Scout
That is of course correct - but the players who are better than him are not exactly bad players - so even if he plays with the safety-button on, he still beats practically all other players who do the same :)

1. Sergio Busquets (Barcelona) - 387/408 = 94.852. Fransesco Matuzalem (Genoa) - 203/215 = 94.42
3. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona) - 436/465 = 93.76
4. Xavi Hernández (Barcelona) - 639/685 = 93.28
5. Mathieu Flamini (Arsenal) 261/281 = 92.88
6. Geoffrey Kondogbia (Monaco) 309/355 = 92.24
7. Thiago Motta (PSG) 509/552 = 92.21
8. Toni Kroos (Bayern München) 437/474 = 92.19
9. Mats Møller Dæhli (Molde) 249/271 = 91.88
10. Nigel De Jong (Milan) 377/411 = 91.73
11. Yaya Touré (Manchester City) 498/544 = 91.54

Minkaro

Just turned the game on, and immediately the Norwegian keeper makes a terrible error.

I feel partly responsible.

Minkaro

I've turned the match off with Norway 2-1 down. Watch them win 6-2 now.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Called up the senior international squad for the games against Denmark and Scotland later this month. Coming along nicely under Ole's guidance.

Brightonian

Good stuff. Whether or not there is a chance of him ever coming back to us, I really hope he fulfils his potential. Incredibly gifted footballer, and so exciting to watch.

Eriku

Made his debut for the Noggy national team against Denmark today. Got 20 mins or so, and looked REALLY good. Had only one questionable involvement, which in fairness led to their 2-1 winner, but he set up a couple of chances and looked really lively.

Is gonna be a star, that lad... Said in his post match interview that he's inspired by Januzaj's current exploits.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why we sold him instead or loaning him out for a season I'll never know. Sounds like a top talent.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Why we sold him instead or loaning him out for a season I'll never know. Sounds like a top talent.

Seems to have happened to a few of the young lads. We've been a rush to off-load them for no good reason. Brady was another who looked brilliant before his injury.

datura

Seems to have happened to a few of the young lads. We've been a rush to off-load them for no good reason. Brady was another who looked brilliant before his injury.

I don't think that's fair. If the club think a player has a chance then they keep them on the fringes and use loans to give them experience. Brady was never going to be a first teamer at United, limited ability and a potential liability with his tackling.

Mats wanted first team football and it seemed to be his decision to leave, not ours.

Ekeke

We more or less traded Brady in to get Zaha on the books. One young winger playing in the championship out raising some funds for a new one to come in

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I don't think that's fair. If the club think a player has a chance then they keep them on the fringes and use loans to give them experience. Brady was never going to be a first teamer at United, limited ability and a potential liability with his tackling.

Mats wanted first team football and it seemed to be his decision to leave, not ours.

Brady has been the stand out player in almost every game he's featured in this season. I think he's got a higher ceiling than you give him credit for.

datura

Brady has been the stand out player in almost every game he's featured in this season. I think he's got a higher ceiling than you give him credit for.

Personally I never saw the hype. Decent left foot, worked hard but not particularly skilful for a winger, hence why we tried to convert him to a left back. He's committed but often used to injure himself an get into disciplinary problems by diving in recklessly. He'd never be a first team player here. Hull seems a good team for him at the moment, I'd be very surprised if he's anything other then solid mid table premiership player (which is still a good achievement).

Laphroaig

Made his debut for the Noggy national team against Denmark today. Got 20 mins or so, and looked REALLY good. Had only one questionable involvement, which in fairness led to their 2-1 winner, but he set up a couple of chances and looked really lively.

Is gonna be a star, that lad... Said in his post match interview that he's inspired by Januzaj's current exploits.
Loved that. Everyone's impressed by how relaxed and comfortable he was today. His reply? "Come on, fecktard, look at my mate Adnan, he's playing at fecking Old Trafford, why the feck would Ullevål intimidate me?!" Except he's not arrogant, he's the most down to earth and grown up 18 yo ever. Almost annoyingly so. Myggen v2 without the cocaine.

Eriku

His fundamentals are so good, and he's got such a lovely little center of gravity and a natural footballing brain to go with it. I'm not sure whether slight Noggy bias has crept in or not, but I think he might one day be such a huge player that any club would want him, and we know he's a United fan :drool:

Or, God forbid (yes, I am invoking God, because I don't want this to happen, so I'm bringing Jesus in to counter the jinx), he has a Skjelbred-esque incident and gets his development stunted by a lengthy outing.

Anyway, I think he's gonna be big.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His fundamentals are so good, and he's got such a lovely little center of gravity and a natural footballing brain to go with it. I'm not sure whether slight Noggy bias has crept in or not, but I think he might one day be such a huge player that any club would want him, and we know he's a United fan :drool:

Or, God forbid (yes, I am invoking God, because I don't want this to happen, so I'm bringing Jesus in to counter the jinx), he has a Skjelbred-esque incident and gets his development stunted by a lengthy outing.

Anyway, I think he's gonna be big.
Any recent footage?

PS18

We more or less traded Brady in to get Zaha on the books. One young winger playing in the championship out raising some funds for a new one to come in
I don't think the couple of million we got for Brady will have made any difference whatsoever to whether or not we could afford Zaha tbh

Ekeke

I don't think the couple of million we got for Brady will have made any difference whatsoever to whether or not we could afford Zaha tbh
Not about the money more about the prospects. But a few extra million doesnt hurt

Giggsforever

As I said before they hired OGS. Mats is in Cardiff right now, expected to be sign in matter of hours.

To get a PL job and bring him with him was the plan already when he signed him for Molde.

MJJ

As I said before they hired OGS. Mats is in Cardiff right now, expected to be sign in matter of hours.

To get a PL job and bring him with him was the plan already when he signed him for Molde.
Love how eikrem and him respect ole so much that they instantly joined him at his new club.

Giggsforever

Love how eikrem and him respect ole so much that they instantly joined him at his new club.
He is so nice, command respect and modern, no wonder they want to play for him. So far in his career he has hardly done anything wrong, be it buying players, playing matches or off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.